DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Tucson, AZ

Tucson, AZ28 reviews
Very poor management in the kitchen. The food and beverage manager/executive chef was not experienced enough to run a restaurant / business made poor choices was never accommodating I ask for time off he always had an excuse for not letting me take my day off.
The management team it like a high school click gossip. They trust the wrong people and who take credit for what you did. When the wrong people make mistakes they blame you and management believes them. Everything is one sided. This place is unprofessional and has a toxic environment. Horrible place to work
i really like work there because it was a good place and the people where very nice to me very day that i work there. the other work treated me with very good menders.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
I believe having integrity is important in a work place. This place had none, they micromanage, gossip talking about other employees. Management had favorites if you didn’t fit there personal mold they would accuse/write up for what you had absolutely nothing to do with. Others were allow to discriminate against you with false claims. I Worked in hostile work environment. Was a horrific experience in all the years of my career. The management team who mangenage this hotel is the worst group of individual I have ever had to work with. I had to placed a retraining order on a co worker, this individual was let go however only because he harassed the HR Director family member who worked there.
Most Horrific experience of my lifetime! No advancement within the company, General Managers & Director of Sales they only have a certain type of person working in these positions! I was hired my my position because they assumed I spoke Spanish based on my looks!
not fun place to work they trick you turnover is atrocious what is going on not sure lots of people come and go some say goodbye some dont say good btye it is sad at one time i liked it free cookies are good all the employees eat them and take them home
Was promised a lot in my interview and a lot of it turned out to be lies. They outside hire instead of promoting from within. A lot of immaturity from certain managers makes you question the higher ups. Stay away from here unless you REALLY need a job.
Pros
Free shift meal, semi flexible scheduling sometimes
Cons
Terrible management, make next to hardly any money
The Management was terriable No commucation for the company lack of team work
I would never work for this company again this company dies slot of gidsio and s ok read rumors and lies about employes,
When I was working at the double tree I was the main chef for the javalina cantina and they definitely put way to much on my plate and I was always really stressed out.
Pros
Cons
Cut Throat
I was hired as a fulltime Bellmen. The Bell captain nver gave me fulltime hours . The bell captain took care of his favorites and was not fare at all. I did learn the basic of being a bellmen
I asked for unpaid time off and was giving the run around by higher management. It was time for a change. Other than that i really enjoyed working for the Double Tree.
Pros
Nice co- workers. Was abel to be come with my own daily specials . learned a lot.
Cons
There was not any, other then me not being abel to take a trip with my family that we had been planing for a year.
If you want to learn about the hotel industry, I would recommend a job at DoubleTree By Hilton Tucson - Reid Park. There are many departments that you can choose from.
Upper management needs improving. They had a hard time relating to hourly staff, and communication was always lacking. Hourly staff was excellent, and did a great job with the guests.
Faxing and copying, filling paper work, management for 5 years, cashier , making keys for the guest, taking things to the guest if need it. Always make it right....
This place is an awesome place to work, when you like to meet new people. I enjoyed working all the time even when you had that hard to please guest. I learn to be patient with others and confident.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long standing hours
Excellent place to work provide great benefits management team are on point awesome understanding promotion from within very organized professional always there to listen for any issues you may have providing our guests with the best hotel experience that we could possibly do great place to work love it
Pros
Always room to move up
Cons
Pay could be better
A great company to work for. Management team here are supportive and are wanting to see you develop within the company. Handling guest questions, most managers are knowledgeable of ways to handle it.
Working in a hotel allows you to see many business sides. You see restaurant management, accounting, Sales, event planning, etc. It is a melting pot that allows you to get a lot of experience.
Pros
Good Benefits, Discounts, Lunches
Cons
24-hour operation. liable to work at any time
Good company to work for, everyone is nice and open to learning and teaching new people the ropes.
The Cactus Rose Restaurant is the best there. That is where I worked and everyone was just so nice and it really felt like a family.
The pay is not good. Opportunity to advance is very low and the hotel does not take care of the employee. The have no benefits to keep you working at their facility. The co-workers and managers are excellent to work with. Everyone is very friendly and do everything they can to help you out. The hardest part of the job is trying to maintain yourself busy during down time of the hotel. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the guest will come in and I was very busy. I love to stay busy on the job.
Pros
Free drinks and 50% off food
Cons
11 pm to 7 pm shifts or the 8 pm to 3 am shifts
While working at Doubletree, the manager of the facility was not easy to work with nor helped with getting the hotel up to par.
Checking in and checking out of guests, making reservations, meeting guests needs and providing outstanding customer service. Auditing daily postings, correct errors if necessary, balancing of restaurant tickets with F&B Reports and preparing for new day procedures. Training new personnel.
Pros
guest interaction
Cons
n/a
1.6K