DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Tulsa, OK

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 4,102 reviews
Horrible Management = Horrible Job
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK7 November 2019
Higher ups only care about money which pressures managers to push employees past their limits. They offer all benefits but when you're only making $9 an hour, you simply cant afford $400 to pay for insurance every month. Extremely disorganized and toxic. Absolutely all the employees were always talking about being stressed and wanting to quit.
Hotel with questionable future
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK29 October 2019
The management company that oversees the hotel is only interested in profit. The building is over 40 years old and needs repair and updating but that would cut into profit. Management is poor with little communication between departments. Management is paid well but keep employee wage as low as possible with a 3% raise per year.
Pros
Lunch is only $2
Cons
You don't matter and are treated that way
Poor management
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK9 September 2019
Management was bad...to the point I was in tears all the time. The FEW coworkers that made it worth going in doesn’t make up for bad policies, bad management, mold in the office, etc etc DONT WORK FOR DOUBLETREE DOWNTOWN TULSA
Pros
Leaving
My time at Doyble tree
Inventory, Room Setup, Server, Cook (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK7 September 2019
It was very fun to work there and the diversity and ablility to work multiple areas of the company, the only ussue was with one manage which arised a conflict of issue. Otherwise this was an amazing compant to work for.
Great Field to advance if your willing to learn
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK1 July 2019
Great Field to advance if your willing to learn. Despite what you will hear, I recommend learning operations and sales to become truly successful. With most hotels, I recommend working for a locally owned or Hilton owned property. Property Management company ran hotels with have lower wages and higher turnovers.
Pros
$1 Meals and the Hilton Honors Employee Discount is great!
Cons
Hourly employees will have decreased hours in winter months.
New management wants cheap labor
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK30 May 2019
New management wants cheap labor. They over pile work on good employees while the new management friends smoke every opportunity . Always running out of amenities
Pros
Management does not care about cleanliness
Cons
No breaks
Bad management, 4-5 different GMs in 8 months, 3 Director of Ops,
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK23 May 2019
Hotel management was constantly on you to raise their SALT scores, but did nothing to help you raise them, and had no trouble at all throwing you under the bus for something they messed up. Insurances are available but prices were high as a single person, nearly impossible to swing with a family on a policy with only one job. Major discounts on Hilton brand hotels were great, getting any personal time to use that benefit was n going to happen, though. Peers in the workplace were all fantastic people, the only other positive there.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Upper management
I liked the people I work with
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK14 March 2019
But would never keep anybody and the pay was not right and the girls had to many rooms to do everyday and I got pregnant and I feel try to make me do a lot of rooms because we were short on people to do the ROOM
Streesful
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK10 December 2018
Hotel going down the drain every since new company tooken over. Co- workers are great to work with very easy job, fast past, very professional and the supervisors rock!
The hotel is going through major changes from an inexperienced company.
Bar tender (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK20 November 2018
Management takes an uncomfortable curiosity to the employees personal lifes by pulling them into an office to talk about it, even when nothing is amiss. Management will also take out their personal life on employees causing a high turn over rate. They play favorites and pick the favorite randomly. There is no communication between upper management, departments, or employees so everyone's training is a bit different causing chaos.
Pros
discount on hotel rooms
Cons
working there.
slow paced
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK24 July 2018
decent job requires alot of stress on the body, energy and dedication. would recommend to someone whos looking for maybe a part time job. Sometimes its best to go through temp agencies for jobs like because they pay way more
Pros
time your pace
Cons
hours
Absolutely loved working for this company
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK12 May 2018
Even when the job became stressful at times, it was still very manageable and fun. Loved working with the company to provide a positive guest experience.
Great Company To Work For
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK19 February 2018
Hilton is very focused on hospitality. They love to take care of their team members as well as they do their guests. There's a team member travel program that lets you get hotel rooms at great prices, and you can extend discounts to your friends and family as well.
Great learning experience
Advertising/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK1 February 2018
Enjoyed hotel environment, meeting new people and hotel guests. Positive attitude about the importance of adversiting. Dining benefits and room benefits.
Pros
Commaradie with co-workers
Cons
Short hours
fun work enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK29 January 2018
fast paced and changing every day from hosting parties to covering concerts. i enjoyed working here because of this. day to day tasks are pretty easy to get down as long as you have a routine.
Management related
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK27 January 2018
Loved my hotel and loved getting to interact with al of the guests that I go to interact with. With my experience, I got to assist in other departments -- Front Office, Banquets, Convention Services, Housekeeping, and my home department of Food & Beverage.
Handle luggage help to rooms and greet guest
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK5 January 2018
It's a wonderful place to work if you love meeting new people. But managers are the worst. I enjoy driving and having karaoke with a customer I enjoy seeing. them smile and being able to make the first impression.
Pros
You get to meet new people and gain a new experience
Cons
The manager don't care about the workers.
great people to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK18 December 2017
i liked the job and the other employees but the housekeeper mgr was not all that pleasant to work for. I would like to keep working for a Hilton brand company. I like the standards they have.
Pros
free lunch on fridays and discounts on everything.
Cons
the person i worked for in housekeeping
N/a
Housekeeping Houseman (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK25 November 2017
When I came in to work it was like nobody wanted to be there we had a bad managment in housekeeping she mad it hard for the housekeeping department the people in housekeeping did not want to come to work.
Pros
Only on Fridays
Cons
Yes short breaks
Fun place nice visitors
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 7412724 September 2017
Working for this company was a basic hotel position. Each job has its pros and cons. The hotel was big and nice but needed to be more organized. There

51.5K