DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Tulsa, OK

Its a great place that is being ruined by the top managers. The rest of this is just filler. I've already said what I had to say. If this is excepted great.
When I First Worked At Doubletree I Was Nervous Then I Got The Hang Of It, Started Getting Better & Better. Then I Started Getting Tips And It Made Me Feel Great About Myself And What I’m Doing Because I Know I Mist Of Was Doing Something Right.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/a
Good work environment and great co-workers!! But change needed to come in the Kitchen (Chef Manager) and General Manager need to think more about the company than himself 😔
Pros
Great co-workers, good work environment!!
Cons
Chef Manager, Human Resources Director
You have no value or worth. Your opinions and input are ignored. If you do have a useful suggestion your supervisor will take credit. You will be blamed for all his mistakes as well. There is no real organization right now as they are about to lose the franchise. Black mold abounds and most repairs are just patches as a real repair is not in the budget.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no respect, poor pay
The A/C in the halls was out for months in this was during the summer overall I have nothing bad I can say about this company very well organized 👍 👍
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Dusty
management is all over the place. this is the single most disorganized business ive ever seen in my life. the turnover rate is so high because they have yet to get it together. new hires may not even be able to be trained because there's never any time to spare as each employee does the work of 5 employees. on my first day almost everyone i met told me that i am going to end up quitting and every single person seemed to hate their job. stay far away from this place. the measly scraps they throw your way are not even worth it.
Great place to work with if you pay attention to the leader simple task loner job basically which I loved . Because the boss isn't on your neck , you can breathe lol
Higher ups only care about money which pressures managers to push employees past their limits. They offer all benefits but when you're only making $9 an hour, you simply cant afford $400 to pay for insurance every month. Extremely disorganized and toxic. Absolutely all the employees were always talking about being stressed and wanting to quit.
The management company that oversees the hotel is only interested in profit. The building is over 40 years old and needs repair and updating but that would cut into profit. Management is poor with little communication between departments. Management is paid well but keep employee wage as low as possible with a 3% raise per year.
Pros
Lunch is only $2
Cons
You don't matter and are treated that way
Management was bad...to the point I was in tears all the time. The FEW coworkers that made it worth going in doesn’t make up for bad policies, bad management, mold in the office, etc etc DONT WORK FOR DOUBLETREE DOWNTOWN TULSA
Pros
Leaving
Cons
It was very fun to work there and the diversity and ablility to work multiple areas of the company, the only ussue was with one manage which arised a conflict of issue. Otherwise this was an amazing compant to work for.
Great Field to advance if your willing to learn. Despite what you will hear, I recommend learning operations and sales to become truly successful. With most hotels, I recommend working for a locally owned or Hilton owned property. Property Management company ran hotels with have lower wages and higher turnovers.
Pros
$1 Meals and the Hilton Honors Employee Discount is great!
Cons
Hourly employees will have decreased hours in winter months.
New management wants cheap labor. They over pile work on good employees while the new management friends smoke every opportunity . Always running out of amenities
Pros
Management does not care about cleanliness
Cons
No breaks
Hotel management was constantly on you to raise their SALT scores, but did nothing to help you raise them, and had no trouble at all throwing you under the bus for something they messed up. Insurances are available but prices were high as a single person, nearly impossible to swing with a family on a policy with only one job. Major discounts on Hilton brand hotels were great, getting any personal time to use that benefit was n going to happen, though. Peers in the workplace were all fantastic people, the only other positive there.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Upper management
But would never keep anybody and the pay was not right and the girls had to many rooms to do everyday and I got pregnant and I feel try to make me do a lot of rooms because we were short on people to do the ROOM
Hotel going down the drain every since new company tooken over. Co- workers are great to work with very easy job, fast past, very professional and the supervisors rock!
Management takes an uncomfortable curiosity to the employees personal lifes by pulling them into an office to talk about it, even when nothing is amiss. Management will also take out their personal life on employees causing a high turn over rate. They play favorites and pick the favorite randomly. There is no communication between upper management, departments, or employees so everyone's training is a bit different causing chaos.
Pros
discount on hotel rooms
Cons
working there.
I enjoyed working here until the hotel starting losing business and was eventually on the market to be sold. After it was sold, that's when everything was turned upside-down. People were quitting and being laid off like crazy. I fell victim to the latter. The benefits were pretty decent under Hilton's management, though it was pretty pricey; but that all ended after the sale earlier this year.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
New management
decent job requires alot of stress on the body, energy and dedication. would recommend to someone whos looking for maybe a part time job. Sometimes its best to go through temp agencies for jobs like because they pay way more
Pros
time your pace
Cons
hours
Even when the job became stressful at times, it was still very manageable and fun. Loved working with the company to provide a positive guest experience.
Hilton is very focused on hospitality. They love to take care of their team members as well as they do their guests. There's a team member travel program that lets you get hotel rooms at great prices, and you can extend discounts to your friends and family as well.