DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Tulsa, OK

Tulsa, OK41 reviews
Its a great place that is being ruined by the top managers. The rest of this is just filler. I've already said what I had to say. If this is excepted great.
It's a wonderful place to work if you love meeting new people. But managers are the worst. I enjoy driving and having karaoke with a customer I enjoy seeing. them smile and being able to make the first impression.
Pros
You get to meet new people and gain a new experience
Cons
The manager don't care about the workers.
i liked the job and the other employees but the housekeeper mgr was not all that pleasant to work for. I would like to keep working for a Hilton brand company. I like the standards they have.
Pros
free lunch on fridays and discounts on everything.
Cons
the person i worked for in housekeeping
When I came in to work it was like nobody wanted to be there we had a bad managment in housekeeping she mad it hard for the housekeeping department the people in housekeeping did not want to come to work.
Pros
Only on Fridays
Cons
Yes short breaks
Working for this company was a basic hotel position. Each job has its pros and cons. The hotel was big and nice but needed to be more organized. There
Good management in maintenance not too bad of a place to work...I believe that the chief engineer was a great supervisor..I believe hes no longer there.....
Pros
Good people
Cons
Upper managemnt changes too often
I loved this job! very enjoyable, people were amazing to work with, was also fast paced, learned a lot of team building, and team work. management was great.
Not much room for advancement and wages on the lower end but a good place to start back into workforce. Also, there is a very positive attitude towards ex felon. Kudos.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too short breaks
I started as a PBX operator. With all the employees and 417 rooms it could be a little hectic. They were very good about acknowledgement for a job well done. They gave raises based on merit. Promotions came from within. I always got along well with my co-workers. I worked there for about 6 years and I got 4 promotions. It was a great job. We had lots of company functions for employees. My last position was accounts receivables. That is a very stressful job! Everyone was helpful and supportive.
Pros
Meeting new people. Internal promotions.
Cons
A lot of employee turnover. High stress.
This job does not allow for any personal/family life at all. I worked 6 days a week, every week, and often worked 12 hour days. I was also expected to be on call when I was away from work. My home life suffered as a result. This is a great job for a single person.
Pros
Hilton is an excellent company in general to work for
Cons
This particular hotel had poor management
Depending of the day I would either work in the Starbuck in the main lobby, Bartend for weddings or other events, Hostess for the Warren Duck Club, Cocktail Server for the Lobby Lounge, and Concierge for the VIP lounge on the top floor of the hotel which the evening hours included bartending. I was also trusted to assist with purchasing of items needed for on the fly events and fulfilling the food & beverage portions of writers for celebrity guests.

I was also the go to person to fill a spot for when there was a shortage of people within a department or if anyone called out. I enjoyed working long hours because it showed my boss that I am a team player. Because of this not only was I trusted by my managers and the General Manager, my colleagues had trust that they could always count on me to help them out with either their current job or to take a shift for them.

Management was the best here. For example the General Manager always had his door open so that anyone could stop by and speak with him. The Chef for the hotel would speak with me about how to prepare food and to properly run a kitchen. Since he taught me that I was able to get the kitchen going when the cook are 45 minutes late and we were about to open the restaurant to our guests. Really the management team was there to teach anyone willing to learn about all the different departments. That is what made myself and another girl very valuable at the hotel. She and I could do most anything. I was only able to do a few things more than her because I also assisted the PBX operator when calls would over flow and
 - more...
Pros
Managers, General Manager, overtime, my co-workers, learning experiences
Cons
low base pay
The management at Doubletree was very poor. I thoroughly enjoyed my job for the most part. I had wonderful coworkers to work with and wonderful guests that helped make my time at Doubletree enjoyable.
Pros
I made a lot of tips
Cons
manegement was horrible. There was a lot of micromanaging
Good learning environment for entry level personnel to gain experience in the Hotel industry. Caring Human Resources Staff.
Pros
Employee room discount rates.
Cons
Lacking in full-time positions.
not all aspects of any job are going to be great, however the team at the doubleree are spectacular and some of the best people to work with
One day we heard about our restaurant getting remodel.. We were happy about and we talk to our guest about it. They were happy about the new restaurant but little did we know it was great news.. So we knew about getting a new restaurant. It was all over the media but after we knew that was going to be like a restaurant with everything we start laughing. But after being there for 2 years business have been slow and have dead down a lot.
Pros
new resturant
Cons
cutting a lot of labor, not making enough
Checking people in and out as well as making the reservations. Filing, stocking, cleaning was required. Holding onto and counting own personal bank. Reports and customer service. Answering phones all throughout the day
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Have to work daily with hotel systems and manage paperwork for hotel accounting department.
Set up and break down bar. Take care of guests needs. Order products for bar as well as keeping bar inventories at par. Have not had real management support in months. Loved my co-workers. Very hard workers. The most hardest part of the job was due to the remodeling. The menu was cut by 2/3. I did not have a full bar. Very hard to satisfy the guests needs. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the guests. Without them being satisfied it was very hard to work.
Pros
insurance, 401k, an pto.
Cons
no breaks or support for the staff.
All in all good company to work for. The Hilton Managed properties are better to work for than the franchised ones. Better benefits come with the previous, whereas the later is iffy on it's benefits due to outsourcing.
Management is going thru direction changes and a lot of positions are being deleted and combined within the title of others.

Great cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Working at a hotel you have a lot of guest interactions, 90% positive, 5% negative, and 5% unknown. That is the exciting, entertaining part of the job. Truly a great overall experience.
Doubletree was an good place to work. The whole staff from the back office to all the business' in the hotel were very nice and helpful. I did not get that many hours because it was a down time for hotels at the time, so I had to get another job. If I could get a fulltime job there, that would be awesome.
Pros
free lunches, awesome cookies
1.6K