DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Virginia Beach, VA

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 4,020 reviews
Toxic
Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA12 November 2019
The F&B director during my tenure there had a terrible temper and zero stress management skills. Everyone walks around miserable and on egg shells hoping to not enrage him. Also the tips are garbage most days. Somedays you will do a ton of setup and break down and walk with $30.
Toxic
Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA18 October 2019
God awful workplace
Breakfast server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA3 August 2019
Is always sneaky conniving things going on there with management and department heads they use write ups as a way to try to advance themselves even if the write-ups are unjust they still lie and cheat anyway they can
Love love!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA12 July 2019
Best job I’ve had, great workers they treat you like family. The manager is very kind and attentive, housekeeping is great on serving rooms before check in. The whole hotel is great
Housekeeping Supervisor
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA24 October 2018
I was housekeeping supervisor for DoubleTree by Hilton, being in charge of 8-10 Housekeepers, covering housekeeping on 4 floors on every shift. Made sure all rooms for inspected above and beyond DoubleTree standards.
Competitive workplace striving for excellence
breakfast server (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA20 May 2018
The goals for the staff at the hotel is to give the guest a great experience at the hotel. Service must always be 5 stars. Give the guest the service you would expect for yourself. The managers have created a created a care committee to boost employee morale to help make the staff want to work hard and well for the guest experience.
Really nice if you want to stick with hospitality
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA2 August 2017
A lot of hours are put into this job and it is very high demand in the summer. This is a very organized property and they do give benefits, but not until you have worked with them for a full year.
Not good environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA22 July 2017
I do not liked the job or the management. The higher people were very rude and disrespectful. I did not like their attitude at all. I do not suggest that you should work here
Pros
Games with the staff from time to tim
Cons
Short break, too hot
it had gud lunch menu
Room Attendant / Banquet Sever (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA28 April 2017
I was there all day and it wasn't fair that the other girl got to slack off just because they new other women were going to come to help them when they finished there work
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
long hrs
the work place was ok it was the people to many bosses..
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 2345122 January 2017
typical day at work was getting to work on time for the many meeting then after the meeting getting my paper and heading to laundry grab what i needed and then to my floor to set up my cart and get started with my job.. i learn that staying to myself in the room attendant business is best keep you out of a lot of the others problems and etc i learned that different hotels have a lot of different set ups do things different when it comes to how room attendants get their lining and etc..management was all over the place it was to many trying to do the management..workplace culture ok and the hardest part of my job was running out of lining..enjoyable part was getting ready to clock out in head home.....
Fun work place with employee team building events
GSA (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA13 November 2016
Working here has been great! There is usually no issue with scheduling because they work with you pretty well. However, training is not done to its best capacity.
productive, face paced, work attire business, more professional than relaxed
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA24 July 2016
typical day at work would be to clock in upon arrival check to make sure all paper work was completed, rooms where taken care of that needed to be. make sure that guest arriving on that day had a room assigned to their reservation. check in guest that arrived that day, and check out guest that was departing on that day. take payment of any accounts that have not been paid in full. print and check final reports, deposit any cash that had been taken through out the day. clock out.
positive environment
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA4 November 2015
dtvb is a very good place they take care of there guest best way they can . anyy issues they solve them head on, management is very flexible with scheduling so if u have two jobs or in school they will be understanding
Pros
flexibility
produtive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  virginia beach2 January 2015
double tree hotel is a good place to work if your are excited about customer service my typical is going in at 6 am getting work sheets ready checking guest status preparing for what ever the day brings I learn patience an tolerance customer service has to the order of the day my manager was a strong minded lady my hardest day would be when we have a full house an vip my most enjoyable moments is to serve with pride an integrity ,an my guest leave a note at the front desk to say i make there stay the most memorable.
Pros
meet new faces daily fast pace
Cons
nil
Great co-workers with alot of knowledge to share.
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA13 October 2014
I started with the company when I was young. I enjoyed all the experience and on the job training I received.
Cleaning rooms for Guests, customer service
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA21 April 2014
Very tough fast paced job. Monthly dinners. Department meeting every morning. Part time hours. Good coworkers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very little recognition
It was nice meeting people and had some good exeperinces peole
house person (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA19 September 2013
I Liked it I love to learn if I did not no anything people are willing to teach most of the time and all together it was good but I need to make more money
Pros
good eniveriment
Cons
too many boss not enought indian
Great
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA3 September 2013
Awesome corporation, very enjoyable atmosphere. Which there was more advancement here for me
Great company to work for.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA14 June 2013
Wicked Fashions was a great company to work for, the management took great care of their employees and staff members, they also encouraged employers to move up and advance in the company.
Pros
Great management and advancements.
Cons
N/a
Good working environment.
Laundry Attendant/Houseman/Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA27 December 2012
A typical day was ok.The hardest part of the job was not enough employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co- workers that I trusted.
Pros
year round employment.
Cons
wasn't enough employees.