DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

Washington, DC15 reviews
Wonderful place to work
Never a dull moment. With more than 100 hotels there is tremendous opportunity for growth. I have had the opportunity to advance through the company over the past 7 years. Fun environment with my co-workers. Hardest part of my job is that there are very long days.
I have 37 years of hospitality experience
I have great leadership skills, that makes me a great team leader, always willing to give a helping hand to my fellow team members, and I’m not afraid to take on any task that is given , where there is a meeting or a food function, Making sure any guest gets the best service possible
fun place to work
We have very interesting work environment, the management teams are helpful and work closely with every employees and they promote effective working relationshiops among employees.
Great place to work with Good Benefits
As a former employee, I can say that It is not a bad place to work. Of course It has its bad days like every job but at the end of the day you know that the people there really care about you. One problem that I did have was scheduling, one week you can have five days of work but then another week you can have all days off.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good Benefits, Good Pay, Nice Coworkers
Cons
Schedule can change quick, sometimes you will be "On Call" instead of Full Time
Job culture was great.
Empowered to make decisions that were best for the guests and team members. I appreciated the fact that managers trusted and believed that we were capable of exercising the proper judgment needed in making the best decisions possible.
Pros
Lunch provided daily
productive fun workplace
had lots of fun working there it one of the first cooking jobs that I have had. I Iearned about the different temps how to move fast and be swift. How to muti task
Hotel is old
furniture was old and smelly and the parking is a complete rip-off the carpet was gross.older hotel in need of updates in the guestThere were so many aspects of the room that were falling apart
Not A Good Company
I Will Not Work for This Company Anymore. This Company Was Not The Best Company, I Was Very Disappointed. The Management Team At This Hotel Has Been By Far The Worst.
Loyal Brand and very supportive in providing growth in your career
A Typical day at work:

A typical day at work would start at 12:00 pm midnight as I did the night auditing, checking in guests that was a late arrival, being punctual in what I am suppose to get done for the night and attend to all matters of the guest. My day would end at 07:00 am or later if required to assist my fellow associates or until the Front office manager arrives.

What I learned:

Patience and more patience, to get things done before deadlines.

Co - Workers:

To work together as a team, help each other when needed. How to be supportive when we have a very busy day at work, also to work with different people with different cultures and experiences.

Hardest part of the job:

The hardest part of the job was when the hotel was over booked, and I had to move guest to another hotel, and only inform then when they arrive at our hotel, as most of them had no contact number, Or by the time I get to work they were on the way already. Also working longer hours when needed and assist where they need help in all departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

I enjoyed every minute of my experience, weather I had a bad day, things that happened that was out of my control, and I had to find a solution for it, also I enjoyed working with my fellow associates and managers.
Pros
Free Lunch or Dinner, Staff appreciation lunch every month
Overall I love my co-workers.
Typical day at work I start at 11pm and immediately start balancing accounts and do local tracking. I have learned much about accounting and balancing folios. My managers are ok. My co-workers are more helpful then my managers. The hardest part of the job is when we're sold out and have to walk people. Not too many guest are happy about that when they're arriving late. The most enjoyable part of the job is the peacefullness when they hotel is quiet.
Pros
free breakfast and dinner
Cons
walking guest late at night
ok
inexperienced management
short staffing

low compensation

some job advancement
Pros
free lunch
Great Place to Work
Doubletree is a great hotel, great company. My particular position requires a lot of weekend work and additional hours which cuts into the work/life balance but i knew that coming in. Otherwise, the people are great, the work culture is spectacular. it's a great place to grow and advance.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking for managers, learning curve, location, friendly, benefits
A typical day at work
Stand up meeting going over work day and groups in house. Pass out daily work spec do a line check,meat count, daily line audit, check deliverers, prepare a soup of the day and a fish of the day, prepare any banquets party, after you finish parties. Check line for lunch time and Start to prepare banquet and line prep sheet for the next day. Plug in orders receive Cookies Daily and Cafeteria daily in system for inventory at the end of the month.
Productive and exciting work environment.
Productive and exciting hospitality work environment. Employees are required to greet guests, and secure a smooth yet fast check in. Large parties should also be handled in the same manner. The hotel offers homemade cookies that the guests and employees live for. Clean uniforms are provided and are part of your professional appearance. Front desk is the department that insures a well functioning hotel.
Pros
The size of the hotel allows you to become farmiliar with the guest.
Cons
Front desk is required to stand for the remainder of the shift
Fun workplace
Great work environment
busy all the times

great management
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
1.6K