DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Westborough, MA

Westborough, MA12 reviews
great company
haven't worked there for a while but I do like the Hilton Branch. would like to go back and work for them. they have a lot more to offer than some of the others I worked for.
Great place to work, a Marvelous work environment.
Great benefits,.Lot's support from the management. All co-workers are very nice and supportive, they all help one another, great teamwork.

I think DT is a place where everyone should have the chance to work to feel how things are done between employees and management.

It was a great experience work at DT.

I will never forget how I was treated there by my co-workers and Management.
Great place to be a manager
I was responsible for all social event sales and management. I enjoyed working there with a great team and a solid pay. My direct supervisor was helpful and supportive.
Hostess
This is a fun place to work. Employees are friendly. You meet many different people. Serving as hostess also involved clearing tables, resetting tables, seating guests, taking food and drink orders.
Cons
Can be very stressful at times.
Food & Beverage
Good local hotel to work for, small and family feel. Everyone helps each other and everyone helps other departments when needed. Management cares about the workers that make this hotel better for their guests.
Okay but it was better.
Work can either be really relaxed or really stressful depending on the event or the clients. On your feet 95% of the time. Management is okay and in strong under pressure.
Pros
Relaxed schedule
Cons
Deadlines can be tough
Challenging and ever changing environment
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know and working with my clients. Trying to determine how I can accommodate their needs with our available meeting space can be a challenge, but, usually, with a little negotiating, we are able to help them deliver a successful event!
Pros
Discounted hotel stays
Typical Full Service Hotel
Treats employees very well, offering good benefits and employee recognition. Free shift meal. Good place to work. Employee morale is high and management seeks to recognize hard workers. Opportunities for advancement limited within certain departments.
Fun and Friendly place to work
My day starts at 5 am. I cook breakfast for the buffet, and banquets if there is a function. Then I bake the hotel's icon "the doubletree cookie". Each guest gets one upon check in. Next, I begin to stock the breakfast line consisting of bacon, sausage, potatoes, chopping peppers and onions. Then, stocking the omelet station. Filling pans with pancake mix, hollandaise sauce, liquid eggs, raw eggs, diced vegetables and meats, French toast egg mixture, etc. In between stocking I handle orders on the breakfast line, restock the buffet as needed, and make clam chowder and the soup du jour. Once I am done these tasks I prepare the lunch line. I stock anything that is empty or low and ensure everything is ready to serve at 11 when lunch starts. Then I cook the orders as they pop up. While working at the Doubletree I have learned to work on a breakfast and lunch line. I've learned to multitask and work quickly and independently. I'm very clean when I work. I believe everything should be sanitary and the presentation of the food should look appetizing and as the chef wants it to. Management is nice and encouraging. They try to help us when needed. My co-workers are friendly and like to laugh which makes the job enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is the repetition. The job is enjoyable but there is not a lot of growth available. I would like to expand my skills so that is why I'm choosing to find another place to work after 5 and a half years.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
limited growth
good for people personand loves to stay busy
job was very challengingand fast paced i took care of the lobby and several areas as well as hotel rooms
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough help
Long commute for me to Westborough. Friendly environment.
I arrive to set up for dinner service. Get clean linen from laundry. Get fresh warm bread from Chef, set up cutting board with bread knife, place bread and rolls in warming drawers. Check coffee station. Get clean silverware form dish room. Fill water pitchers with ice and water. Attend pre-shift meeting learn of specials and possible shortages.

Management wants favorable "Helpfulness" scores about staff. Steps were taken to improve service, such as adding a food runner to deliver food to dining room as cooks complete course. Co-workers do work well as a team.

It is difficult when unexpected shortages of food or supplies occur, or items have not been programed into point of sale computer.

It is most enjoyable to make travelers feel welcome and see them smile as they enjoy their meals. I am happy to assist with special requests and advice on directions to local attractions.
Pros
Management treats employees with fairness.
Cons
Many of my co-workers focus on their cell phones, not business.
many different events and experiences at the hotel
theres no such thing as a typical day of work at the hotel. one day its a business meeting who orders lunch from banquets. the next day theres a wedding and a bar mitzvah going on at the same time. it is a fun place to work but with the unsteady hours and the fact that when theres no events theres no work is something i cant do anymore. i need something more steady.
1.6K