DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Wichita, KS

The best ceo to work for, best management overall
The Wichita Hilton property was more of a family workplace, everyone was treated with respect and always possibilities to move up in the business. Doubletree was a great place to work
Pros
Felt like a family atmosphere
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
My overall 1 year experience
I had horrible job working there at the front desk. Every manager kept on getting fired. Putting major stress on some. Singling out the only few males who worked there which the treatment was horrible and wrong. And no above hr or assistant gen man helped out with any of it. No true training. Lots of gossiping girls. Many who got power hungry, were inexperienced immature when they would get promoted. Picked on others made their own rules. Its was awful.
A very fun and exciting work environment
I loved working at Double Tree by Hilton I enjoyed making the events special for the customer. I was able to use my own creativity as well and it was a wonderful experience for me. I had excellent management and wonderful employees to work with. Doing the different themes for the clients always made it a new experience,
Pros
I got to make customers have a rewarding experience
Cons
The hours became undependable
Ever changing job duties with poor training
No work/life balance as department manager. Employee moral at an all time low due to demands of management company. Mgmt referred to employees as "Red Roof" material.
Management has run it into the ground
It is a clique type environment where if you're not related to management, you will be ostracized, underpaid and overworked until they fire you. They schedule you for overtime then get mad when you go into overtime. Management will talk behind your back, and they will use everything in their power to push you out the door.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Poor work environment poor pay poor management
Not a positive atmosphere
Poor management and communication between all departments within the hotel. Employee retention is not good. Morale is very low.
Corporate doesn't listen to us. Recognition is not given. Don't feel appreciated.
Pros
Free lunch, discount on hotel rooms
Cons
low pay, poor management, poor communication
Not so great
The current GM is great... rest of the management is a joke. Communication is a major problem, the right hand has NO clue what the left hand is doing. Employee morale is very low.
If you don't speak Spanish, you better learn quick.
All the housekeeping only speak Spanish which is irritating because there is a language barrier. Don't count on getting ahead here. You will find that you have a timeline of 15 minutes to clean all rooms including the Master Suite. Not to mention you will constantly be told to hurry up because you aren't moving fast enough. If there are any problems, don't count on solutions.
Pros
They give you a badge & two outfits.
Cons
Lunch is scheduled & you will be wrote up if you miss lunch.
Always something to do.
Always something to do but too much is expected of you for little pay. The companies that have run it will only give a minimum amount of money for raises each year. Getting 25 cents for the year is apparently suppose to make you work harder.
Pros
Free soda and always have work
Cons
No advancement and not enough pay.
Lacking Midwest hospitality traits
Freedom to work independently is a plus. A lot of long-time staff left since new owners/management company took over. Inconsistent policies/guidelines. Used to have fun, "family" atmosphere, but now is quiet and somber.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, Buen trato a los empleados
es una muy buena empresa para trabajar tiene un excelente trato hacia los empleados y muy buen ambiente de trabajo.
Under new managerment different
Been working here for 22 years, time for change and new challenges with a different atmosphere. won several awards with the Brand and would like to do the same for a different company.
Pros
same building
Cons
different culture
great place to work. I love the culture and enjoy interacting with business travelers
The DoubleTree is a great hotel concept, the brand culture is community driven, the management is supportive and my co-workers are commited and loyal to taking care of the guest
Pros
the brand culture is great
Cons
work alot of hours
Checking guest in and out hotel, preparing reports for following shift, phone calls
The pace of the environment changes depending on the availability of the hotel. Which made it fun. I enjoyed meeting new people, management was very helpful.
Pros
aknowledgement shown to workers
Cons
shifts weren't accomdating for famlies
Experience
As a guest service agent we assist guests with their needs, answer phone calls, make reservations, review documents, organized, and most importantly we try to go above and beyond for our customers etc... One of our main goals as the as a service agent is to be there for all guests.

I have to say, of the things I enjoy most about this job is the feeling of helping others. That feeling of making someone's day is like a reward to you. Also, the co-workers that we have here are pretty nice so of course that makes it even better.
Good place to work for.
The people that you work with and for are great but there are no advancement opportunities.
Pros
Learning alot and working with great people
Cons
No room for advancements and not very many pay raises
1.6K