DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Williamsburg, VA

It’s an okay job when staffed properly. They served free lunch everyday. I was at peace at work more days than other. During the peak season it was fun to see guest dressed for special events that took place.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of staff
but threw the years manager and head people where all messed up stealing from company interactions with each other list goes on lol but I love the company in all they do take care of the employees thanks double tree
Pros
Free luch always for the employees and some times breakfast
I have worked for the Double tree for over a year, love the benefits, and the money is great during tourist season. I work part time during the majority of the year, and five days during the summer months. I was able to make the same amount during the summer at the double tree as I did at my full time job.
Pros
Great money, Hotel discounts
Cons
Early mornings 6am- 12pm
I felt welcomed in my department, I enjoyed the company if my co workers and guests, everyone was friendly. They were helpful and trained well. I looked forward to work, Quarantine ruined it.
I learned a lot and wanted to begin a career as a housekeeper My managers helped me become comfortable with cleaning out stayoverthey also made sure I was comfortable to go on my own
I through enjoyed my time here. Great team, great leaders and managers. Old property in need of lots of repairs but overall great place to work and stay.
Great it’s a lay back job, but it’s slow and they cut hours and soon or later it’s gets very busy, with the banquets, but other then that, it’s a nice job, you get along with the co workers and it’s a big hotel, but there nonething going on
Not high pay and also being told constantly what to do while being micromanaged. Long work hours, and ha difficult staff to work with. Would not recommend this place to work out.
Cookies be on point nice big hotel to workout if you like walking I would recommend on going back if I was to go back to Virginia to live again. Beds are comfortable
Typical HR day will be full of trainings, recruitment, employee relation activities and more! Excellent property and great location in VA. Great leadership team.
Pros
Good benefits.
I was a server. I loved my coworker they were awesome. Not much room for advancement so do not expect to move up if you work as a server there. Good tips during the high season very bad during the low season.
I loved the idea of working at a hotel. It does have good and bad days with guest and with your managers or co-workers. It is a full service hotel so it is often quite busy and you should learn fast if you want to make it.
Fun place to work and grow in the hotel industry if you are a motivated person and eager to learn. Expose to all types of vendors and learning experience. NO management staff will never be on point which is the hardest part of the job. LIFE IS the operation of the business 365 days a year 7 days a week 24 hours a day just make it RIGHT.
Pros
Cons
Benefites average
Working at the Double Tree Hotel was an amazing experience, all the managers and supervisors were great and very easy to talk to. I loved working there. When they say team that's exactly what they mean. TEAM, everyone is very helpful in time of need and will happily assist you in any difficult situation. It truly was a great place to work and would recommend anyone to apply.
Pros
free lunch, great staff, understanding managers
Cons
The rooms aren't free (lol)
No room for advancement otherwise its okay. Slow season will not be able enough to cover life expenses. Great in the busy season.
Pros
Free food everyday
Cons
slow season is difficult
Working at The DoubleTree by Hilton has advanced many skills of mine are continuing to advance them. I am want to learn more here in areas that will inhance a business, marketing, and customer service acheivements. At The Doubletree and typical day starts with positivity and organization. We have many hard work days but in the end everyones keeps a positive enviroment.
Cons
None.
Hilton offers convenience to area attractions.The Hilton has several amenities and provides workers with a secure working and pleasurable environment.