DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Wilmington, DE

Wilmington, DE32 reviews
The company offered flexible hours, there was good team work among employees. They had good benefits for their employees and offered growth within the company.
checking all rooms up to standard to Hilton and make sure is right and love with i do keep guest happy and I'm willing to new things with new company's
Used to be a good place and a good environment to work at. But things have changed for the worse over the last few years. The management from top to bottom aren’t very good anymore
General Manager that hired me was gone by the time I arrived. Predecessor was gone when I arrived. Subordinate staff was less than half strength when I arrived. My men hadn't had a day off in over 4 months due to understaffing. New General Manager increased workload and never recognized any accomplishments.
Pros
Free lunch, benefit package.
Cons
No support by local management
It was an okay job but because of some of the people it made for a hostile work environment. They were an equal employer so they hired ex-offenders, from temporary agencies.
Pros
Yes they were free lunch and 10 min breaks
Cons
They had health and Dental options
Very poor Management and communication skill stay somewhere else not the double tree on King St. Ghetto and loud. Housekeeping and kitchen staff is very unprofessional and very disrespectful.
the job ws very easy. diddnt take to much time. we cleaned about 16-20 rooms a day. pay was very low. we got free lunch ad sometimes breakfest. discounts on hotels rooms.
I don't know the management since they were bought out, but there was no career advancement of ways of bettering yourself. This is just a job. Go in and be out in a year is the best policy. They demoted me and changed my schedule with going over it with me. I had done nothing wrong except bring in business for the hotel.
Pros
The guests
Cons
It a hotel, so almost anythiing else.
Really great Co workers and guests were amazing. Great place to start in hospitality and guest services. Teaches you how to deal with the public and people of all backgrounds. Also, trains you to be alert and quick with decision making.
Pros
Provided lunch and dinner.
Cons
Could use better management that cared for employees.
Do not work at this location due to poor senior management team. There is only one knowledgeable manager located at this facility and this individual is constantly extinguishing fires with management due to their lack of planning and communication. The culture is set about three individuals that are under the impression they could make change and hold you responsible for this change, but they never communicated the changed process(es) that is not in their realm of responsibility to begin with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hostile and belligerent subordinates that truly do not want to accomplish the job they were hired to perform. Almost like high school environment with the immaturity that is displayed by hourly associates.
Pros
One good manager on property
Cons
everything else.
I will not speak negatively about this location due to my current status. If you are looking for a challenge then this is the place to work. If you are looking for good management and leadership, then you should go somewhere else.
Staff always felt as though ee were walkinv on eggshells. I never felt secure or appreciated . My manager hated her job and human resources director was completely unprofessional and when i had a situation with my background check she reduced me to tears only to find out it was her mistake. That was the second background check that she gave me a problem with and they where from a mistake on her part
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Horrible unappreciated staff in all areas.
positive environment environment overall . Lunch provided to staff from the company helped the inconvenience of lunch time travel/expenses . Double tree staff event days were great highlights to maintain a team, game fun experience while on the job
love the hospitality buisness this is a great company to work for fun staff very supportive , meet fantastic guest from all walks of life and the cookies
Upon hire I was really excited to work for the company but after a few weeks I learned that management slacked, there was constant gossip between mangers about their staff the HR person engaged in it as well which was disturbing. There is no consistency with the scheduling and hours.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay, management
Fast paced and at times very stressful but if you enjoy challenges and the feeling of a job well done - a good place to work. No two days are ever the same and you need to be able to shift priorities constantly.
This place needs help, management is not where it needs to be for such a great hotel. With proper structure and better benefits for its employees this would be an excellent place to work.
I loved the people as well as the environment at The DoubleTree Hotel. It is a fun and positive place to work.I always look forward to going to work simply because it is really fun, everyone is really nice and helpful. Also, the chefs are great.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Management not professional, gossipy, more concerned with themselves than the establishment. Would be a good company if it weren't for the gossip and outside chatter between employees and employer.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Quiet, pleasant, exciting, always fun, good relationship with co-workers and some customers. Always new task to better serve our customers. The most enjoyable part was that I like to come to a place where I was not stressed, you meet people, no one make you feel less than a person.
Working at doubletree hotel has its ups and downs. Sometimes they can be hard on you about how to clean rooms a certain way but overall it is a good job.
Pros
free lunch, periodic gift cards
Cons
supervisors don't show much support, too hard on the wokers
1.6K