DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Accounts Receivable Clerk

No job security or acknowledgement of employee dedication and knowledge for transfer to another position
I had been an employee at this location for 28 years with several positions. Currently unemployed due to the elimination of my position due to downsizing by the hotels management company.
Great staff that felt like family, Good work life balance
Pushed me to become the best I could at my job and helped me move up to a larger property that opened later on. Hilton really cares about your work life balance and ensures that you are getting the job done while also taking care of yourself.
Fun people to work with
Process payroll and bill out group events/rooms. Work closely with department managers and the sales team. I also work with the HR department entering new hire/ changes to employee info. Union billing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
wrok long hours
Assisted my Controller and Asstiant Controller with Finance Duties, worked closely with management and staff in all departments, communitcated and interacted with customers via phone, email responsible for Corporate credit applications, processed deposits, prepayments, process billing and made billing adjustments when necessary, billed out BEO’S, responsible for billing out HILTON HONORS, inventory for entire hotel and held a credit meeting once a month.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers yelling at you, the enjoyable part was being able to assist them in their needs. I had 2 bosses that were supportive in all questions I had for them.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
Health Benefits
N/a
I enjoyed the regular routine of the hotel. I was able to learn the day to day operations, such as unhappy guests and front desk employees.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
hotel industry
If you want to learn about the hotel industry, I would recommend a job at DoubleTree By Hilton Tucson - Reid Park. There are many departments that you can choose from.
Working in a large hotel can be very stressful.
I started as a PBX operator. With all the employees and 417 rooms it could be a little hectic. They were very good about acknowledgement for a job well done. They gave raises based on merit. Promotions came from within. I always got along well with my co-workers. I worked there for about 6 years and I got 4 promotions. It was a great job. We had lots of company functions for employees. My last position was accounts receivables. That is a very stressful job! Everyone was helpful and supportive.
Pros
Meeting new people. Internal promotions.
Cons
A lot of employee turnover. High stress.
Productive and fun place to work
I enjoyed my bosses, open communication among all team members, room for growth, the company trains and promotes from within.
Productive place, lot of learnings
Killing daily issues makes an solid future for company and for my job
My quick response to clients makes them to returns

Responds to superiors with accurate reports solid decision making

Flexible and open relation with my co-workers

Client satisfaction the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free laundry, lunches
Cons
n/a