DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Fast paced, emlpoyee celebrated diverse company
Fun, fast paced work in hospitality. All departments worked together as a family to provide good quality service and products. Management always celebrated the employees which made it easy to work for the company.
Productive and positive work environment
I learned new skills in this position that added to my experience as an administrative assistant. I appreciated the supportive environment from management and employee appreciation.
Pros
Exposure to a variety of hospitality and clerical skills
Cons
Limited advancement
Overall, the DoubleTree by Hiton Alana Waikiki Beach was a great step into the Hotel Industry
The Management within my Department was excellent! Very flexible, understanding, and leadership! There was always an opportunity for myself to grow and acquire greater knowledge and practice!
Needs a lot of improvement in management
To be honest, this is a good place to get your foot in the door. However it is not a good place to stay if you want to advance your career. There's a lot of beating around the bush when it comes to asking for cross training or for advancement.
A Remote Island of Employment
First and foremost this position is an excess slot within this particular hotel, meaning, when it comes time for the DoubleTree to tighten the financial belt on employees; don't be surprised if this position is the first to go. This job is a typical office job answer phones, interact with guest, copy mounds of paperwork, filing and etc. There isn't a lot of work to be done here, in fact most of the time you'll be completing remedial tasks handed down to you by managers, that they could of easily taken care of themselves in the same time it took them to compose the email asking you to complete that very task. Since the workload is extremely slow upper management will expect you to have "initiative" and go around looking for extra work during your duty day, which means more likely or not you will be completing even more pointless tasks or vanity tasks that allows the managers more time to drink their coffee or "conference" with one other; which will result in having little to no effect toward your career development. Speaking of career development, no on here cares about your growth. There only interested in preserving their daily office routines and minimizing the amount of work they have to do on a daily basis. However, as a former employee, I do believe that the Hilton Brand provides excellent opportunities for growth and advancement (through their employee online network), its just one of those companies where you must be willing to relocate and expect little to no mentorship in the early stages. If your interested in just a job w/ benefits, this job is for you. If you - more...
Pros
Schedule (M-F), Benefits (Travel Program), Free Lunches
Cons
Very Low Pay, Opportunities for Advancement, Morale
productive,always on my feet , a lot of people interactions
It is an ok job, co workers are great very helpful with me. I gained more knowledge in computer. hardest part of the job, sometimes you are in the middle of something important tsk and you need to attend with different contractors and some repair emergencies in the hotel, so I can assign them appropriately to our respective maintenance staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
employees recognition not consistent.
Management of Time
Working at the Doubletree Hotel at the Entrance to Universal Orlando has taught me how to manage my time efficiently. Providing support to 4 managers was challenging and exciting experience.
Pros
Efficient time managing experience
Cons
No advancement opportunities
A nice place
This was a office work type of job. I like office work. This was a good job in which to learn new things and refresh what I had known before.
Family
Working into work everybody would make you feel at home and like family. Working at the Doubletree they are always training you to make you better and help you succeed
Pros
Great Friends/Family and Free Lunch
Cons
Large Turnover
Discount on rooms/ free lunch
I have a calendar that I would work out of. It helps to prioritizing daily duties.

I have handled many tasks, All Benifits required. I have had to sit in with the HR director when she has had to handle disagreements with employees to resolve.

I enjoy working with the public as well
Pros
Discounts in rooms/free luncheons