DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Assistant

I was offered full time work so i left my other job to work here, they ended giving me 2 shifts a week max and i was left with little money each month. The managers would say things like 'no using your phone' but would stand on their phone for hours a shift.
A fun workplace with great staff, many opportunities to work on a range of different events such as weddings, birthdays, lodges and proms etc. It paid really well for my age and provided flexibility for me as I had a zero-hour contract meaning I wasn't obligated to complete a minimum amount of hours so it didn't interfere with my daily life.
Pros
great staff
Cons
long shifts
i enjoy working at double tree by hilton, its a very exciting job which you get to meet all types of different people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I loved the idea of working at a hotel. It does have good and bad days with guest and with your managers or co-workers. It is a full service hotel so it is often quite busy and you should learn fast if you want to make it.
Always offering extra hours within different sectors of the workplace, a very diverse company with a lot of good connections. Would recommend anyone to work here.
I start a typical working day at 5:30, preparing the buffet for the breakfast shift.When the customers arrive, I take their orders and serve food and drinks. I interact with them, explaining the menu and taking interest in them. I clear and prepare tables for next customers and shifts. I have learned to comunicate better in english, to work with other kinds of customers. The hardest part of the job is when a lot of people come in the same time, or we are working under staff. I am very happy with my co-workers,because we are and work like a group of friends. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer told you "amazing job, all is lovely...".THANKS.
Pros
People with whom I work, lunch...
Cons
I would like to work more hours.
Conducting gym inductions Creating gym programmes. Teaching fitness classes Working under pressure Pool procedures such as backwashing, pool tests and cleaning both poolside Cleaning gym facilities. Opening and closing procedures including cash up Reception duties such as answering the phone, dealing with customer enquiries and complaints, giving correct information and taking bookings and purchases for leisure and spa.
Pros
It was not far to get to
Cons
Too many to list