DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Banquet Captain

Banquet Captain27 reviews
enjoyed working here . I worked for company for 30 years and started as server moved my way up to Captain then was promoted to Lead Banquet Catain in Charge of Banquet Department. I needed to make a life change .
managers and team members do not work together to create an wonderful homebody experience for guests. there is no leadership to make one follow and strive for the company does not give the items needed to get job done correct
awesome place loved the people and guests that stayed at the hotel great place to work enjoyed every day at work I cannot wait till I go back there to my family
Pros
great managers
Cons
some lazy workers
Great to work at the Double trees Hotel was really a wonderful time working and be part of Hilton company I will like I the Future work one more time at the Hilton Family
Cons
When interviewing someone and they mention to you how how much they made the prior year they should not pursue a person who made 40000 more the previous year and not to divulge such a discrepancy is not a way to to treat a person who has risen to 80000 + a year salery in their carreer... It's devistating financially and is bad decorum
The job is not difficult however, it involves a lot of running around and standing on your feet. The hours can vary from morning and night, so the hours are not anywhere near stable.
Pros
Free lunch, great friends, welcoming
Cons
Don't always get a break, could work longer than scheduled shift
Very Disappointed with the managers ability to protect employees from hostel threatening coworkers, and hr's inability to handle racial relations or see the truth from fiction. The whole do the right thing,no matter what race you are dealing with seems to allude this system. Insanely incompetent HR Dept. The crazies are running this insane asylum .....
Very disappointing that I fell for the company giving a darn about recognizing my hard work. They run all departments lan so management bonus out. $ selfish greed uppe4 management and total disrespect and out of touch with daily workers or structures. Bottom line, make you believe your had ork and sacrifice I’ll move u p ladder , malarkey..god news to felonies with sexual abus chargers , the do promote and hire those!
Pros
Very little, zero accountability
Cons
Everything else
I've worked there for five years and I enjoy it but I wish the hours were most constant some weeks we have little to no work. Its hard to pay bills and have a livable wage. If we got 40hrs all the time then yes but that's never the case.
Hotel will start renovations soon. Great things to come 2020. New ownership of the hotel is fully invested in the staff. Great culture and work place.
I had a lot of issues with this hotel over almost the year that I worked there. We were always short staffed and expected to pick up the extra work without getting properly paid for it. I went through three General Managers in the year that I worked there. When they promoted me I didn’t receive a job description. I was just told to make sure everything ran properly. The management also lives under the delusion that all staff is replaceable, and that the job market in the town would support that ideal. Over all it was the worst job I had and I worked in fast food for 4 years as a teenager. I would never go back there or recommend that anyone work for such an uncaring and unorganized company.
Cons
have only worked there for 6 months and am already looking for another job. the management interferes too much and micro manages everything done. The staff is rebellious, mean and rude
Pros
location
Cons
lots
A great place to work if you are willing to work hard. You must be able to adapt to any situation and be able to keep busy. They have great food for employees and treat the staff with respect.
Pros
Employee meals
Cons
benifits
This was a job that allowed movement and opportunities to those who proved themselves as reliable employees. Spent many years in banquets and they allowed room for movement and opportunity.
Not a bad place to work, just needs some new management and some better communication with staff. Also needs a lot of staff and some things to do with employees needs to be reevaluated.
Pros
Hotels Discounts
Cons
Picky management
a typical day of work
Learning lot of banquet events

co-workers 95% awesome

the hardest of the job is being banquet captain and they are not giving permission to you.
Pros
Free lunch, Having fun with staff
Setup tables to the liking of the guest. keep work area clean as well as my appearance. Serve food and clean up in a timely manner. Also prep food and put it in the warmer.
They have a few great workers, but with the lack of support, they are working them into the ground. They are unorganized and arent willing to pay for workers. They instead use temps which have lost the company thousands and destroyed the morale altogether.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
No breaks, over worked
Over 5 years I mostly enjoyed my time working in this hotel, but lately it became too stressful and crazy, it feels like the TPG doesn't care or hear employees anymore. But staff is great and friendly.
Pros
great staff
Cons
salary
I work nights as a food and beverage supervisor. I cover the restaurant when the banquet department is slow. I see the day by day operations in banquets and take care of the events and customers. Hard work and team work play a big part in my departments
Pros
Free lunch, great benifits
Cons
Great Facilities and better staff! everyone there makes you feel like one big happy family. Would recommend them to any friends and family that want to be a part of the hospitality world.
1.6K