DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Banquet Server

Banquet Server93 reviews
Again ! unsatisfied with rate and hours .. I needed a a full time job .. I had to leave for a better future... If i get a better salary and more hours will surely go back
● Work-life balanceVery nice place to work. I recommend working and having the experience of expansion to future job opportunity.● Pay & benefitsVery good pay even as part-time.● Job security and advancementThe give you training to advance work experience.● ManagementVery good management.● CultureVery good diversity● OverallI really loved my job and enjoyed working with this company. Made me feel very welcomed and they accommodated myself as I was single mother working plus taking care of special needs child.
Friendly place to work, will work with u regarding hours available. Understands if ur kid is sick. HR is very helpful and nice, explains things if u have any questions
It was a privelage to work the Hilton. There they educate about their complany. There orientation process was like no other , presentation with pizza , Yum !
Management did not require people to do their jobs, but then fired people without grounds. Most, not all, of the upper managers were completely uninvolved (nice way of saying lazy).
Your clock in hour is correct but when it’s time to clock out it’s until your done with all your task for the day. Sometimes you might hafe to change from one out fit to another because server Is not the same as houseman
Simple job, but the people I worked with were nice. This was not a long-term job where I was expecting to build a career, so there is not much to say.
Enjoyed working at DoubleTree. It was all high caliber. The management provided encouragement and proper supervision. The employees had camaraderie and high work ethic overall. Vibes were great!
Hotel is nice place to work but need a management team that need to focus more on getting the equipment needed to become a five star hotel .Charleston is known for fine dining to please them what they expect
Pros
Great location
Cons
Need to install a swimming pool
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
I enjoy working in the Banquet department at the DoubleTree. It is a fun part-time job with flexible hours. The team I work for is absolutely amazing.
The management is GREAT the Team is fun The staff are unique The food is good Its an overall great experience Flexible hours Not hard work at all....
Doubletree by Hilton, St. Louis Park, Mn supports staff, has a collaborative environment and shows appreciation for well done work. Is mindful of staff's strengths and weaknesses
Banquet Server is very labourous and sometimes stressful. Very much need to be a team player and react quickly. Team is great,but management seemed unappreciative of all of the hard work we really do. Hard to advance as alot of higher up positions are filled by people from outside of the company. Most people come and stay because of the awesome hotel discount
Great opportunities to see and help many customers. Work is hard and fast at times but there can be some downtime to come along with that. Job and most management team is fine, it’s just no room available to grow there which hurts for my direction and personal growth opportunities!
I'm a fellow worker personally I think Banquet Servers pay should start off at $10 but it's $8 they have to pull n polish, steam linen , set up and break down, vacuum floors, sweep and mop. They need to hire new Banquet Managers because the ones they have now show a lot of favoritism and white privilege. They need to do better by they workers. No wonder why Valley Hospitality keep having job fairs.
The Doubletree is a good place to work due to the fact that they help all of their employees get back on their feet. They do a lot of work for the community and the families that live within the community.
Rewarding place and feeling like home away from home . There a great work environment, everyone was friendly. Free meal a day for employees. Management was also plus to work with.
Doubletree is a reliable place to work. I would absolutely work with them again given the opportunity. I enjoyed the fast pace of turnovers? I would happily work for hilton again. I worked as a coffee break person for conferences, and handled refreshes.
Great hotel good people respect level great sue trained me she did a awesome job she walks you threw everything you asks any questions she knows so with that being said doubletree is the best
Pros
Wk to your past
Cons
Wk to your psste
Double tree Valley Forge is a nice place to work..everyone is very friendly. I feel they need to increase the current pay per hour. When gratuity is added on our pay it could be pretty good money.
the place has a lot going into it, it can be very busy or it can be very slow, pay starts out at 10 an hour for banquets and is possible for raises but the management doesn't know their job very well there are often mess-ups on the schedule and they will keep you past a written down work time if needed.
Pros
discounts on other hotels by Hilton.
Cons
work environment