DoubleTree by Hilton logo
DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Banquet Server

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,649 reviews

It can be fun and you learn how to work parties and events

it’s easy to make friends here. The physical labor involved in this job is intense and very undercompensated. you may work 10 hours or 4 hours. you never know. No respect, organization or communication is present in this department. Constantly knocking heads with practically no constructive supervision. No way to work your way up to a liveable pay unless you work there for nearly 10 years. Overall, not the best job but there are a few perks.

Pros

free lunch, room discounts, fun work environment

Cons

communication, organization

Great food, people are always helping you out.

This is a good job that offers good pay. The cons are that they keep on changing the schedule which I don't like. Overall the managers are very good people and might even get you a second break if you need it.

Pros

food

Cons

time

Very understanding

Great communication, my manager trusted me, hired me for my first job. Training prepares you for the job. Easy to get on when you start working on the floor. Clear goals.

Pros

Free delicious high quality lunch

Fun and energizing

I enjoy working with and around the different events, interacting with the guest, and watching them have a good time, setting-up and decorating for the events

Pros

Getting to know co-workers

Cons

Long hours.

Banquettes

● Work-life balanceVery nice place to work. I recommend working and having the experience of expansion to future job opportunity.● Pay & benefitsVery good pay even as part-time.● Job security and advancementThe give you training to advance work experience.● ManagementVery good management.● CultureVery good diversity● OverallI really loved my job and enjoyed working with this company. Made me feel very welcomed and they accommodated myself as I was single mother working plus taking care of special needs child.

Fun place to work

Friendly place to work, will work with u regarding hours available. Understands if ur kid is sick. HR is very helpful and nice, explains things if u have any questions

Very Proffessional

It was a privelage to work the Hilton. There they educate about their complany. There orientation process was like no other , presentation with pizza , Yum !

Job

Again ! unsatisfied with rate and hours .. I needed a a full time job .. I had to leave for a better future... If i get a better salary and more hours will surely go back

Unprofessional

Management did not require people to do their jobs, but then fired people without grounds. Most, not all, of the upper managers were completely uninvolved (nice way of saying lazy).

Just a fun place to work

Your clock in hour is correct but when it’s time to clock out it’s until your done with all your task for the day. Sometimes you might hafe to change from one out fit to another because server Is not the same as houseman

Short-term job in banquets

Simple job, but the people I worked with were nice. This was not a long-term job where I was expecting to build a career, so there is not much to say.

Excellent company.

Enjoyed working at DoubleTree. It was all high caliber. The management provided encouragement and proper supervision. The employees had camaraderie and high work ethic overall. Vibes were great!

Nice place to work

Hotel is nice place to work but need a management team that need to focus more on getting the equipment needed to become a five star hotel .Charleston is known for fine dining to please them what they expect

Pros

Great location

Cons

Need to install a swimming pool

Employee Enjoyment

I enjoy working in the Banquet department at the DoubleTree. It is a fun part-time job with flexible hours. The team I work for is absolutely amazing.

Great

The management is GREAT the Team is fun The staff are unique The food is good Its an overall great experience Flexible hours Not hard work at all....

Great Culture

Doubletree by Hilton, St. Louis Park, Mn supports staff, has a collaborative environment and shows appreciation for well done work. Is mindful of staff's strengths and weaknesses

Hotel discount

Banquet Server is very labourous and sometimes stressful. Very much need to be a team player and react quickly. Team is great,but management seemed unappreciative of all of the hard work we really do. Hard to advance as alot of higher up positions are filled by people from outside of the company. Most people come and stay because of the awesome hotel discount

No room for growth hurts my direction in my career path!

Great opportunities to see and help many customers. Work is hard and fast at times but there can be some downtime to come along with that. Job and most management team is fine, it’s just no room available to grow there which hurts for my direction and personal growth opportunities!

Low Pay, Poor Management

I'm a fellow worker personally I think Banquet Servers pay should start off at $10 but it's $8 they have to pull n polish, steam linen , set up and break down, vacuum floors, sweep and mop. They need to hire new Banquet Managers because the ones they have now show a lot of favoritism and white privilege. They need to do better by they workers. No wonder why Valley Hospitality keep having job fairs.

Good

The Doubletree is a good place to work due to the fact that they help all of their employees get back on their feet. They do a lot of work for the community and the families that live within the community.

Rewarding place and feeling like home away from home

Rewarding place and feeling like home away from home . There a great work environment, everyone was friendly. Free meal a day for employees. Management was also plus to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K