DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Bartender

When I started I was there to work the rooftop pool parties which were a hit but complicated relationships with the hotel guest. A lot of complaints cause the event to end. It made a lot of added income to the hotel any where from 12-20k in monthly sales to f&b. Bring it back please And book me to dj @djsauce_dc
Pros
Parties events free/ discounted food
Cons
Impossible room discounts, slow business, irregular income
Hilton is a good brand. Working as a food and beverage employee is not ideal. Management changes a lot. Often the work environment is hostile. There were 6 different kitchen managers in 3 years. There wasn’t enough supplies. We were always stealing glassware, etc from other departments. Ofttimes I had to wash my own glassware
Pros
Good travel benefits
Cons
No 401k matching, low pay, poor mgt support
Working at Hilton is like working as a family, I love this company, the customers, employees food, and the hotels discounts you get as an employee, the benefits are really good too.
Management is horrible. They work u 2 death. Don't appreciate anything. When working parties , you leave one party and gi straight to the next one.
Pros
Mine was close 2 home.
Cons
Management never stands up 4 u
I loved working here. Everyone was very caring and was a fabulous family culture. Getting to know the regular guests was amazing. Very enjoyable, always happy to go to work. Health benefits were a little rough since they were from a lower cost health care carrier, but at least they were benefits.
Working in the food industry, and customer service Arena educates and forces you to be able to improvise on the spot, in order to best serve your customers. There’s so many elements to it that you don’t control, so you must learn to adjust, recalibrate, and control collateral damage in the best way possible . The double tree team and management do the best at providing you with the tools you need, to get the job done, by an upper echelon of standards . I am forever grateful to have worked there and learned everything I did.
I just started there so i dont have alot to reveiw at this point.i feel like this would be a great part time job.all the empoyees are good to work with.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Recommend working here to anyone. It's fun, the company is very good at empowering their employees. Very competent sales staff and good training. Very good money.
Pros
Hotel discounts, free lunch.
Cons
Long days
Overall a great job. Location is a tourist area, get to meet people from all over the world visiting local attractions. Hospitality is a job about hospitality, so work with generally nice people.
Pros
Hotels often offer great work environment
Cons
Can be stressful
I learned how to be a faster housekeeper .. how to clean in a routine... I leaned how to work with two people to a room and laundry... washing and folding linen
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Really miss working here!! Was one of my favorite jobs! Can’t wait for them to open back up stupid hurricane Irma!!! It’s going to be so much better!!!
They don't pay as much but I've seen them hire without experience. So you can learn a lot and gain experience .I've been in hospitality for many years, so what drives me to stay? They care for your safety and wellbeing. The Hilton perks are better than most brands. Don't confuse me when I say perks, there are surprisingly little to no perks or benefits at this location. The perks are from the brand. ..
expect you to do more with less always say flexible but not a chance of that happening they dont want to improve their sales no matter the cost go ahead and lose money
Everyone there is gracious and caring it makes work seem fun and enjoyable . It's rare to find an environment that immediately welcomes new people and encourages growth and is patient with the learning process
The managers dont even want to be there. This hotel should be retired. There are roaches, understaffed, innaproprate workplace behavior, high turnover rate, no breaks. Just think of a dungeon and it's that place. 0/10
Great place,great team,nice customers,relaxing work place
I believe i stayed at this property for so long due to my amazing co workers and sensational boss. They also worked around my school schedule allowing me to achieve a degree in dental hygiene, allied health, and, natural sciences.
It is a great company to work for, great discounts and benefits. Supervisor and manager are caring, respectful and they share their knowledge so we can improve ourselves.
I have worked for 2 Double Tree Hilton properties and both have been a great place to work for. My managers have always been respectfull and proffesional. The bennesfits they offer are like no other companies.
Pros
They have a great assortment of meals for employees.
Cons
Working holidays.
The people that I worked with made the place very fun. A lot of diffrent people worked there and some mean and some nice. It was just how others work made it fun
Very professional, pretty hotel.. Nice co workers.good money. Great location. Professional customers. It’s really nice to serve family’s that are excited to be in Florida.