DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 141 reviews matching the search See all 4,003 reviews
Fun Atmosphere and Loved the People
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Colorado3 December 2019
It was amazing to serve for Doubletree and I am sad but it was time for me to start using my degree. I would recommend going and I will for Breakfast!
It was ok
Bartender and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FL30 November 2019
Long hours decent deals on rooms, not a bad starting job in Hospitality. The issue is the business goes to the bar more then the servers, so you have to wait for the bar to be full in order to have tables
If you were in cliques in high school then apply.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  North Redington Beach, FL25 November 2019
I've never worked with a bigger group of people who only care about themselves. The negativity is thick in the air. And backstabbing is common place. So, if you like walking on egg shells I say apply.
WAITER AND BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Doha,almeen street20 November 2019
I love my position where I'm working but wanna grow up from that,i like to have a challange and difficulties beause it make me more strong,challanges are my brotheres sometimes it makes me sad but give me more happiness.
Satisfied
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO18 November 2019
I've been there for a while and that's cause it's a good company . Great hotel discounts . They have given me a chance and let me go from part time to full time to on call as often as I need to.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA7 November 2019
This was one of my best/favorite jobs to date. I loved the people I worked with as well as the customers and clientele that came in from all over the world. The company provides meals while on your shift, rewards throughout the year and it is an overall family feel there. As a result all the team members work hard to provide the guest with a great experience. It’s a great place to work.
fun and enjoying place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN28 October 2019
I have enjoyed working at the doubletree, the management is very understanding and easy going. My co workers are very fun and great to work with. great place
Poor managment/rude co-workers
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI19 October 2019
Revolving door of employees.Manager hires family, gives preferred treatment. Coworkers rude to fellow employees/guests, makes for a hostile enviroment
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  300 canal st24 September 2019
Work was like a beach , fun, relaxed, respectable co worker , the pay was great. I learned how to work every position from hostess, server, bartender etc..
Hotel, business, entertainment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Billings, MT9 September 2019
I am currently employed and would not care to place a review at this time. There will be both positive and negative statements. Until then I choose to remain silent.
productive and busy place to work at
LEAD RESTAURANT BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 809065 September 2019
Lots of business professionals, mainly men.
Very busy bar with lots of traffic.
Tons of banquets and balls. Mostly military banquets and out of town weddings.
Poor Management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bartender ~ Server15 August 2019
Poor management which made for a tough work environment and lack of job security. Lots of change in employees due to mismanagement. I was treated unfairly.
Great hotel
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CA12 August 2019
Very friendly, warm place to work. Everyone here works as a team not just within departments, but as a whole. Excellent management and plenty of opportunities for growth.
A very fun and exciting work environment
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS10 August 2019
I loved working at Double Tree by Hilton I enjoyed making the events special for the customer. I was able to use my own creativity as well and it was a wonderful experience for me. I had excellent management and wonderful employees to work with. Doing the different themes for the clients always made it a new experience,
Pros
I got to make customers have a rewarding experience
Cons
The hours became undependable
Steals tips (service charges)
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL7 August 2019
Once the assistant gm/ accountant was fired for theft (she was innocent, the gm borrowed the money to pay his mortgage & blamed it on her) we stopped receiving any of the service charges for room service deliveries. Of the total bill, the hotel had always kept 4% while the person running the room service received 18% of the total bill (for a total of 22%) now we still have to add the service charge but the hotel keeps the entire amount. I tried to get a meeting with the gm to go over why my paychecks were always short - he told me we never got any of the service charge before
I know this is a lie and have proof
Friendly staff
Bartender (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NY3 August 2019
Very easy to approach management and supervisors with questions and concerns. Guest services are 5 stars all the way . The company rewards good work and acknowledges its best workers.
I got a lot experience.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  F&B3 August 2019
a great company. In this work experience I was able to demonstrate all my knowledge about my work. The administrators gave me confidence and were always willing to support me.If I had to go back to work in a hotel I would not hesitate to work again in this company,
Overworked, no help , poor management, poor tips and really dirty
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL30 July 2019
Management hides in the office and is pretty useless. Be ready to be called in on a daily basis by management and the kids who want to call out all the time. Many out of the country guests that don’t tip. You will be the only one there most of the time, so you will wait tables inside and out and running room service while you have guests at the bar. No credit card machine when at outside bar so be prepared to run back and forth like an idiot...place is dirty with fruit flies and roaches but no one cares. So not worth the headache.
Pros
Yeah there are none
Excellent
SERVER/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA23 July 2019
I'm working for 4 months
Of employees is very friendly
Manager is very nice working together in everything he asks for what you need in the bar o for servers
Horrible place to work don't waste your time.
Supervisor/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MO16 June 2019
Always short staffed, poor management, employee are treated poorly. I was told to choose between taking care of my sick child or be fired. They over work employees, no discounts except 30% off food when you work, can not dine here on your days off. Requests off are rarely given. Unless your buddy buddy with the owner or the manger your treated poorly. They make false promises. They are rarely busy so if your a server you make 4$ hr with barely no tips morning or night shift.
Pros
30% off food when working

51.5K