DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 133 reviews matching the search See all 3,852 reviews
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  300 canal st24 September 2019
Work was like a beach , fun, relaxed, respectable co worker , the pay was great. I learned how to work every position from hostess, server, bartender etc..
Hotel, business, entertainment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Billings, MT9 September 2019
I am currently employed and would not care to place a review at this time. There will be both positive and negative statements. Until then I choose to remain silent.
productive and busy place to work at
LEAD RESTAURANT BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 809065 September 2019
Lots of business professionals, mainly men.
Very busy bar with lots of traffic.
Tons of banquets and balls. Mostly military banquets and out of town weddings.
Poor Management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bartender ~ Server15 August 2019
Poor management which made for a tough work environment and lack of job security. Lots of change in employees due to mismanagement. I was treated unfairly.
Great hotel
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CA12 August 2019
Very friendly, warm place to work. Everyone here works as a team not just within departments, but as a whole. Excellent management and plenty of opportunities for growth.
A very fun and exciting work environment
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS10 August 2019
I loved working at Double Tree by Hilton I enjoyed making the events special for the customer. I was able to use my own creativity as well and it was a wonderful experience for me. I had excellent management and wonderful employees to work with. Doing the different themes for the clients always made it a new experience,
Pros
I got to make customers have a rewarding experience
Cons
The hours became undependable
Steals tips (service charges)
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL7 August 2019
Once the assistant gm/ accountant was fired for theft (she was innocent, the gm borrowed the money to pay his mortgage & blamed it on her) we stopped receiving any of the service charges for room service deliveries. Of the total bill, the hotel had always kept 4% while the person running the room service received 18% of the total bill (for a total of 22%) now we still have to add the service charge but the hotel keeps the entire amount. I tried to get a meeting with the gm to go over why my paychecks were always short - he told me we never got any of the service charge before
I know this is a lie and have proof
Friendly staff
Bartender (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NY3 August 2019
Very easy to approach management and supervisors with questions and concerns. Guest services are 5 stars all the way . The company rewards good work and acknowledges its best workers.
I got a lot experience.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  F&B3 August 2019
a great company. In this work experience I was able to demonstrate all my knowledge about my work. The administrators gave me confidence and were always willing to support me.If I had to go back to work in a hotel I would not hesitate to work again in this company,
Overworked, no help , poor management, poor tips and really dirty
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL30 July 2019
Management hides in the office and is pretty useless. Be ready to be called in on a daily basis by management and the kids who want to call out all the time. Many out of the country guests that don’t tip. You will be the only one there most of the time, so you will wait tables inside and out and running room service while you have guests at the bar. No credit card machine when at outside bar so be prepared to run back and forth like an idiot...place is dirty with fruit flies and roaches but no one cares. So not worth the headache.
Pros
Yeah there are none
Excellent
SERVER/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA23 July 2019
I'm working for 4 months
Of employees is very friendly
Manager is very nice working together in everything he asks for what you need in the bar o for servers
Horrible place to work don't waste your time.
Supervisor/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MO16 June 2019
Always short staffed, poor management, employee are treated poorly. I was told to choose between taking care of my sick child or be fired. They over work employees, no discounts except 30% off food when you work, can not dine here on your days off. Requests off are rarely given. Unless your buddy buddy with the owner or the manger your treated poorly. They make false promises. They are rarely busy so if your a server you make 4$ hr with barely no tips morning or night shift.
Pros
30% off food when working
Cons
Fun workplace with opportunity for advancement
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL7 June 2019
I began working at the DoubleTree as a busser and was given an opportunity to advance into several different positions after showing initiative. It can be a great stepping stone into something bigger or even a comfortable place for someone seeking part time employment. The Hilton benefits are also an extra incentive to become an asset for this company.
staff have to work life donkey . and no standed follow by management . lots of guest even staff cannot manage
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Ras al-Khaimah7 May 2019
f&b staff have to work more than 12 hours without overtime payment .and staff benefit is zero, cafeteria food cannot eat. 4 person in one room. the basic salary was waiter start from 950 dirams .nolearning and development programmes for staff. yes Hilton have but managers will do for staff
Great company to work for.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TN19 April 2019
I have worked for this company for several years, and I love it. Great benefits, friendly/fun atmosphere, and the pay is sufficient. ......................
Pros
You get to meet many interesting, amazing people.
Cons
None.
Met some real nice coworkers and some not so nice. Too much entitlement thinking and not much team work!
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 April 2019
Terrible place to work as a server. It’s unionized so everyone ahead of you takes all the good shifts. You might get scheduled for 5 shifts in a week but 24hours later you have one and it’s a Sunday night with the hotel almost empty. No team work.
Cons
Managers are “do as I say” not as I do!
Love my guests
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM12 April 2019
Very poor management went thru 17 managers while I was employed there over 4 years , enjoyed my guests but the employees that did there job and worked were unappreciated and the workplace was more like high school and if you were not buddies with the managers you went nowhere
Business
Lead Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN26 March 2019
Business has heavily declined for breakfast and lunch. HHonors members no longer have access to restaurant. Terrible money and an absolutely awful HR department.
Laidback environment
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CA8 March 2019
A typical day at work was very relaxed. The dinner rush was not to hectic for the bar. Really laid back. The patrons that come are normally on business trips. The new manager that was hired was unfortunately not competent in his position. He didn't understand how to make basic cocktails and would micromanage the employees. But when it was time for him to help out he was nowhere to be found.
Pros
Free lunch for staff. Great discounts on rooms
Cons
Poor management. Not enough coverage.
Poor management
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ4 March 2019
Was promised a lot in my interview and a lot of it turned out to be lies. They outside hire instead of promoting from within. A lot of immaturity from certain managers makes you question the higher ups. Stay away from here unless you REALLY need a job.
Pros
Free shift meal, semi flexible scheduling sometimes
Cons
Terrible management, make next to hardly any money

51.4K