DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Bellman

The new managers don't care about loyalty
Its a great place that is being ruined by the top managers. The rest of this is just filler. I've already said what I had to say. If this is excepted great.
Great place to work with others who have a giving spirit
Hospitality is an industry that helped me understand what it means to be apart of a real team in the civilian sector. From management and down the ladder is a sense of respect.
Pros
Meet many new people
Cons
Pay
Basic bellman service at a hotel
Very good tips. Personally, New Orleans is not the place to work. You pay $60 dollars a month to park to walk to work. Co-workers are nice because your supposed to be, but everyone talks behind each others back. If you are looking for good money and benefits with no control of your inconsistent schedule, this is the place to work.
Excellent place to work, great discounts for travelers, can't stay in house.
My brief time as a bell hop was perhaps my favorite job ever to be honest. I learned how to be more polite, and courteous, and work under extremely high pressure circumstances. I also learned something called "The 5/10 Rule", which is that if someone is 10 feet away from you, you greet them with a smile, and if they are 5 feet away, you greet them with a hello. The hardest of part of the job would have had to be the constant need for perfection, but this is understandable given the class of hotel. The best part would have to be the amazing tippers, and free cookies ;)
Good place to work.
Working as team,good place to work.l feel like my home,wonderful management. No stress at all.Benfit, paid days off,health insurance, safe place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health insurand
fun place
fun place to work and meet different people every day. the management at the time good. the hardest part was driving in downtown. very busy. workplace culture was great.
Pros
make tips daily
Cons
pay
decent place
decent place to work hours come and go management is ok sometimes they don't listen to the employees needs but overall its a job you show up to work you do the job and go home
Pros
free lunch
Summary of career experience with the DoubleTree
Property is in a great location. Great team. Management a tad flip like. Great tips. Nice culture. Great benefits, especially on ALL Hilton properties.
Great Hotel with Great Team
Night job at DoubleTree by Hilton Minsk involves receiving Guests, assisting the in-house Guests with whatever they need and also performing a bunch of routine nightly operations. Working here is fun, one gets much experience and moral satisfaction here.
Great place to new meet people everyday.
Perfect employment postion to display customer skills and utmost hospitality. Especially if you enjoy helping people from all walks of life. My position intailed giving directions and recommendations to fine dining, shopping and employment destinations. Responsible for transporting wedding parties,youth athletic teams or guest just looking to explore the area for the 1st time.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world
Cons
Holiday seasons
Productive and fun workplace to work.
A typical day at work assisting guests with their luggage to/from their rooms, giving directions, restaurant recommendations, assisting front desk. I learned I enjoyed working with people. Management was fine. workplace culture was fine. hardest part of job was watching guests go home. Most enjoyable part of job was meeting new guests.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
Bad food in breakroom.
working at Double tree
I would greet all the guest and ask if i can assist with their luggage and take them to the front desk.after checking the guest in i would escort them to the rooms while explaining all the hotel and local amenities.each guest has a different vibe to stay and assist them or shortern your assistance with them which i am sure management are aware of.All coworkers are helpful with one another.the hard part is during the winter and when the summer is here that is the best time it's so busy.
Pros
if you work hard you can have employment security
Cons
mandatory to stay over time.
Doubletree
I was hired as a fulltime Bellmen. The Bell captain nver gave me fulltime hours . The bell captain took care of his favorites and was not fare at all. I did learn the basic of being a bellmen
Environment that rewards hard work
Assist guest with any baggage assistance, arrange transportation needs for guests, as well as answer any travel related questions.

Workplace environment is enjoyable
dont do it
they will ruin your life say goodbye to ever working with peace of mind. the owner walks around the property yelling at people for the smallest things. oh and the management is all couples. they keep you out of the loop all self benefit they call you a line worker
Pros
great location
Cons
the management staff
Great place to work with accommodation to employees
It's been my home for 8 years. I love all my coworkers and the management team. I have been able to get my talent across the supervisors because they let me be myself when I work with the new guests we get every day
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short pay
fun and very productive
very nice place to work. People are always nice and happy, I have been working here since 2012. Double tree has a purpose and that is to make sure that every visitor feels at home.
Great place to work, has a very fun atmosphere
The DoubleTree has a very home feel, they make you feel welcome when you first walk in the door. I learned so much more about who I am and what it is t work in customer service. I would say there is not a lot of room for moving up the latter if you are just at the bottom its hard to be recognized, however that is expected in large companies.
Pros
One Free hot meal a day, free parking passes in downtown, great benifits.
Cons
not very equal in all departments.
Great management and coworkers
Great place to work full of friendly people and never the same day twice. Meet new people everyday and help make a difference in some of the long term guests (Roswell patients and families) day.
bellmen
taught me how to work in a fast pace environment. even though it was not electrical related i can use the skills of working at a fast pace into my electrical work. just doing what i need to in order to get the job done.
Great discounts, great tips, HORRIBLE wave of management
Great job, great money. Hotel jobs in general have a high turnover rate whether it be new hotel job or being fired for the smallest thing. I enjoyed meeting different people of all walks of life. I disliked working with inept coworkers and management. I worked 4 ten hour days which always gave me 3 days off which was also fantastic.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
HORRIBLE management
1.6K