DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Catering Coordinator

Enjoyed working at this hotel, which was always busy! Great location- great venue for social events. Friendly staff, delicious cookies given to guests at check in. Lobby/public space was renovated and so were sleeping rooms.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking
Cons
Older hotel but it does have charm!
Loved the hotel business. Always enjoyed the people I worked with. Every day was a different task. Loved the excitement and constant challenges. My GM was terrific as well as the Sales Departnent.
Management was micromanaging to say the least, their rate of pay was just not enough for me to make a living. Stressful work conditions, felt like you were being watched by the minute.
Hilton is a good company to work for. I highly recommend the company! there is always room for growth in hospitality! I like the fact that hospitality taught me patience and it also fits my outgoing personality!
Sales teams work very well together. Our operations team are great as well! Learned everything must be in writing! It is always busy on this property, with all sorts of events!
Pros
Wonderful employees and very hard workers, Free Lunches
benefits
I wore many hats while employeed at the Doubletree Hotel. It was a great learning experience for me. I loved my Co Workers, everyone was always helpful and kind. I enjoyed my job duties. I loved a challenge and I loved learning new things. I loved the interaction with the staff and customers.
Pros
Free lunch for Management, I loved the catering and the management.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes I didn't get one.
The DoubleTree Hotel is by far the best hotel and hotel management company I have ever worked for. The staff, management, and employees are all amazing and work so greatly as a team. My husband and I are relocating, and it breaks my heart to leave this hotel because everyone is so great to work with. Everyone always have a smile on their faces. I have learned everything from how to plan banquets/events, manage employees, manage my time, stay organized, and find ways to surprise and delight guest.
The hotel is a family oriented venue with friendy employees. Managers are helpful in taking time teaching. The hardest part of the job is when there is a short of staff however, eveyone come together and help as a team in order to supplement the shortness of staff. Most enjoyable part is when you know that you have made a customer satisfied and come back to use the venue...