DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Concierge

Concierge21 reviews
The employees were great to work with to start off. The company's discipline scale was way off. One employee swore infant of a customer and had a week suspension. I had an employee try to hit me with a vehicle and try to fight me. I got two day suspension and he got five days. To me that doesn't seem fair on punishment.
One statement the company always said "We always promote from within, before hiring outside people." That statement is VERY much false. I personally applied for 5-8 positions within the same company and got passed over for people that were hired from outside the company. Even asked and was told they had more experience, even though when talking to the new employees they had little to NO experience. Even asked about training me on the areas that I was lacking. Never was given the chance. HR even wanted me to be promoted but for reasons not told me I was not. Hospitality degree and everything.
Pros
free lunches, employees became family.
Cons
Lack of promotion opportunities
It was a great hotel to work for the people was great I did not see any bad points to it except dealing with some irate guest but sometimes MOS all the times everything works out
Great learning experience, enjoyed working there. The training was professional, Informative. Management staff explored a good culture unity among employees.
Very poor communication between upper management and the rest of the team. Long hours required with minimum wage is the reason for being understaffed.
Loved working with guests
Free tickets to sports events

Worked with team owners, doctors, entertainers, etc.

Free dining at top restaurants in the area

Nothing bad to say about the job. It was just fun.
Pros
Free dining at top restaurants. Worked with wonderful people.
Cons
During my time at Double Tree, I was treated unfairly from day one. The departments are not friendly amongst each other. The managers severely lacks communication and humility when conversing with employees. You would think that the guests would be the problem but they are not. Everyone is scared that you are there to replace them. Your general well being is no concern, just make the brand look good. The tips are good and so is the pay but keep your head on a swivel. You are subject to being lied to and on and they will snatch your job without confirming anything. You are not a person to them. Just a small fish on a very large food chain.
good place to work and learn new things grate team
best management good location in rak well working time

by good transport 24 hrs less traveling time .
Pros
nice food
Cons
if need
At the start of the 2015 I was offered a position at the Doubletree hotel it was at first an excellent opportunity to had work their for 3 years. But now the Hotel in total dysfunctional and the overturn is very rapid I was let go for stupid reason.
Cons
I would advise people to not apply there
I really enjoyed working @ Doubletree/Hilton! The management was always very flexible! The company always gave for the oppurtunity for advancement. Usually very good with scheduling.
Pros
Great company for advancement
Cons
I can't think of any...
The company overall was great and offered great benefits from health to discounts. I made great money from tips however management was disgraceful to say the least. If it weren't for poor management I'd still be there and would not have left.
Pros
Hotel discounts, great tips
Cons
Poor management, no consistency, lack of morale
Doubletree by Hilton Doha Old Town is Nice and fun place to work, I have finished my Contract and will like to Relocate for more Experience on my career.
Pros
free meals, transportation and accomodation
Cons
8hrs duty
when things need to be addressed takes a long time. Managers dont see the bad employees. I enjoy my job very much and its because of my guests. I am a people person and have 30 years of customer service.
Pros:
Hospitality is a varied job choice, perfect for people who do not like being tied down to an office etc.

Working here has taught me many skills, too many no name.

I have gained qualifications and there is a clear path for management.

I would compare the staff and management here to family, everyones caring and friendly.

Cons:

Mainly shift work-as you would expect in this industry.

Buildings a little tired.

Can get extremely busy.

Pay is a bit low, again industry to blame

Overall, thoroughly enjoy my job, love the interaction with guests and staff alike.
Doubletree by hilton is the great place to learn and work. HR Manager is very helpfull. Food in the staff cafeteria is amazing
Fast paced work environment that makes you learn customer service skills and people skills quickly. Flagship company for hospitality careers. Good benefits for discounted hotel rooms.
This company has no regular schedules and has a less than stellar management. They recently cut my pay by 30 %, prompting me to find alternate employment. No employee of this company knows what their work week will look like until Wednesday of the previous week so it makes planing anything outside of work very hard.
Pros
free lunch, steady pay
Cons
Management, work week, employee consideration
Doubletree by Hilton is a good place to work. But there really is no room to grow and expand. The hardest part of my job is communication. Everyone is not on the same page of how this operate.
I had good times and sad times at this company,it was a place for people that was very ill wont mention what but i learn a lot from food for life my 5 yrs of experience thought me to look at ife in a deferent way.all i have to say thank you food for life for all that i learn and saw.the staff was the best we all was a family i will never forget it.
Pros
we had alot of good things
Cons
it was never a complaint to work extra
Assist guest w/ reservations, recommendations, directions &, on occasion, preparing itineraries by attentively listening to expressed details of their needs & desires. Preparation is Key here by ensuring that all necessary data, brochures & "odd items" are easily accessible & equipment is in working order at all times! In this mostly fast-paced environment, team co-operation is a must & I found that my co-workers are always ready to jump in whenever necessary! Management has empowered the team to be the best problem solvers one can be w/o loosing track of ones priorities & this has helped the team shine! If one is a true hospitality professional, there's nothing hard about the job ...unless you consider it hard trying to find "busy-work" during the slower/quieter times! Needless to say, the best part of the job is getting positive feedback from the guests as they return from an recommended outing or as they're leaving, smiling & wishing they could stay longer but looking forward to their return!
Pros
Union house; flexible shedules available; lunchbreak is mandatory; F/O management always available
Cons
No benefits for P/T employees; no consistency in cafeteria; lobby can get very cold
daily work is dealing with coustermers which was not that hard just keep them happy i learned how to work with people i enjoy when some one say thank you for making there stay much better and that what i try to do evey day
doing everything precise, always making sure the quarter is met to get supplies out to there correct locations,meeting all expectations very the daily jobs...............