DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Concierge

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 4,132 reviews
It was a great hotel to work for
Concierge Service (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GA26 January 2020
It was a great hotel to work for the people was great I did not see any bad points to it except dealing with some irate guest but sometimes MOS all the times everything works out
Great experience. Professional people
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VA13 November 2019
Great learning experience, enjoyed working there. The training was professional, Informative. Management staff explored a good culture unity among employees.
Hard working team let down by upper management
Concierge (Former Employee) –  London28 February 2019
Very poor communication between upper management and the rest of the team. Long hours required with minimum wage is the reason for being understaffed.
Fun, interesting work environment
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA20 January 2019
Loved working with guests
Free tickets to sports events
Worked with team owners, doctors, entertainers, etc.
Free dining at top restaurants in the area
Nothing bad to say about the job. It was just fun.
Pros
Free dining at top restaurants. Worked with wonderful people.
If They Say Jump You Better Fly
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL20 September 2018
During my time at Double Tree, I was treated unfairly from day one. The departments are not friendly amongst each other. The managers severely lacks communication and humility when conversing with employees. You would think that the guests would be the problem but they are not. Everyone is scared that you are there to replace them. Your general well being is no concern, just make the brand look good. The tips are good and so is the pay but keep your head on a swivel. You are subject to being lied to and on and they will snatch your job without confirming anything. You are not a person to them. Just a small fish on a very large food chain.
good place to work and learn
Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Ras al-Khaimah1 July 2018
good place to work and learn new things grate team
best management good location in rak well working time
by good transport 24 hrs less traveling time .
Pros
nice food
Cons
if need
Dtlr
Concierge Lounge, (Former Employee) –  424 West Markham Ave Little Rock, Arkansas22 February 2018
At the start of the 2015 I was offered a position at the Doubletree hotel it was at first an excellent opportunity to had work their for 3 years. But now the Hotel in total dysfunctional and the overturn is very rapid I was let go for stupid reason.
Cons
I would advise people to not apply there
Very good review for Doubletree/Hilton
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA14 November 2017
I really enjoyed working @ Doubletree/Hilton! The management was always very flexible! The company always gave for the oppurtunity for advancement. Usually very good with scheduling.
Pros
Great company for advancement
Cons
I can't think of any...
High business voluns
Bartender/Concierge Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA1 November 2017
The company overall was great and offered great benefits from health to discounts. I made great money from tips however management was disgraceful to say the least. If it weren't for poor management I'd still be there and would not have left.
Pros
Hotel discounts, great tips
Cons
Poor management, no consistency, lack of morale
Productive and Fun Work place
Concierge Agent (Current Employee) –  doha27 June 2017
Doubletree by Hilton Doha Old Town is Nice and fun place to work, I have finished my Contract and will like to Relocate for more Experience on my career.
Pros
free meals, transportation and accomodation
Cons
8hrs duty
meet many interesting people
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC15 March 2017
when things need to be addressed takes a long time. Managers dont see the bad employees. I enjoy my job very much and its because of my guests. I am a people person and have 30 years of customer service.
Love it
Bartender, Supervisor, Concierge (Current Employee) –  Hilton, Cambridge, UK5 March 2017
Pros:
Hospitality is a varied job choice, perfect for people who do not like being tied down to an office etc.
Working here has taught me many skills, too many no name.
I have gained qualifications and there is a clear path for management.
I would compare the staff and management here to family, everyones caring and friendly.
Cons:
Mainly shift work-as you would expect in this industry.
Buildings a little tired.
Can get extremely busy.
Pay is a bit low, again industry to blame

Overall, thoroughly enjoy my job, love the interaction with guests and staff alike.
Doubletree by hilton
Concierge Executive (Current Employee) –  GA23 August 2015
Doubletree by hilton is the great place to learn and work. HR Manager is very helpfull. Food in the staff cafeteria is amazing
Good place to start a hospitality career
Concierge Director (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, CO25 May 2015
Fast paced work environment that makes you learn customer service skills and people skills quickly. Flagship company for hospitality careers. Good benefits for discounted hotel rooms.
Very hard on workers
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM27 April 2015
This company has no regular schedules and has a less than stellar management. They recently cut my pay by 30 %, prompting me to find alternate employment. No employee of this company knows what their work week will look like until Wednesday of the previous week so it makes planing anything outside of work very hard.
Pros
free lunch, steady pay
Cons
Management, work week, employee consideration
Doubletree by Hilton
Executive Concierge- (Current Employee) –  philadelphia18 February 2015
Doubletree by Hilton is a good place to work. But there really is no room to grow and expand. The hardest part of my job is communication. Everyone is not on the same page of how this operate.
great place to work
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL23 October 2014
I had good times and sad times at this company,it was a place for people that was very ill wont mention what but i learn a lot from food for life my 5 yrs of experience thought me to look at ife in a deferent way.all i have to say thank you food for life for all that i learn and saw.the staff was the best we all was a family i will never forget it.
Pros
we had alot of good things
Cons
it was never a complaint to work extra
Our Team makes it a pleasure making the hotel work!
HOTEL CONCIERGE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 October 2014
Assist guest w/ reservations, recommendations, directions &, on occasion, preparing itineraries by attentively listening to expressed details of their needs & desires. Preparation is Key here by ensuring that all necessary data, brochures & "odd items" are easily accessible & equipment is in working order at all times! In this mostly fast-paced environment, team co-operation is a must & I found that my co-workers are always ready to jump in whenever necessary! Management has empowered the team to be the best problem solvers one can be w/o loosing track of ones priorities & this has helped the team shine! If one is a true hospitality professional, there's nothing hard about the job ...unless you consider it hard trying to find "busy-work" during the slower/quieter times! Needless to say, the best part of the job is getting positive feedback from the guests as they return from an recommended outing or as they're leaving, smiling & wishing they could stay longer but looking forward to their return!
Pros
Union house; flexible shedules available; lunchbreak is mandatory; F/O management always available
Cons
No benefits for P/T employees; no consistency in cafeteria; lobby can get very cold
it was a real cool fun job to have
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL27 December 2012
daily work is dealing with coustermers which was not that hard just keep them happy i learned how to work with people i enjoy when some one say thank you for making there stay much better and that what i try to do evey day
hard working enviroment
Housekeeper (concierge) (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA15 August 2012
doing everything precise, always making sure the quarter is met to get supplies out to there correct locations,meeting all expectations very the daily jobs...............