DoubleTree by Hilton logo
DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Concierge

Work–Life Balance

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,621 reviews

Hotel room discounts, great coworkers, leadership skills.

Great hard working employees! However the the management team treated employees bad. Felt underappreciated with the management team from 2015-2020. Felt like a huge weight was on my shoulders around changed management team in 2015. When I first started working at double tree by Hilton Reid Park Tucson, AZ the managment team was kind to all employees and it was a great work place. With great leaders everything flows better. When there are well treated employees there are harder, happier workers. I was there when the hotel was doing great and I experienced the ride downhill. Management team makes a HUGE difference. The Hilton employee discount was amazing to utilize.

Pros

Hotel room discounts, great coworkers, networked, strong leadership skills, customer service skills.

Cons

Power trips. Management team separated themselves from lobby, housekeeping, restaurant and bar workers.

Was a caring environment & everyone worked together for the good of the whole!

Working in a service industry can be stressful. I was a concierge and new to the area! Sometimes I was challenged when giving directions to the hotel. Now there is navigation so it would not be much of an issue but it was stressful & I was reprimanded for this challenge without much help to resolve the issue. On the other hand I loved the diversity of the environment where there were people from all over the world working there. It was an international business hotel near the airport in San Jose, CA. I was proud to work there.

Pros

Lunch was provided & it was nutritious.

Cons

The work was much more physical than described in the job description.

Great place to work!

Great environment, energetic, wonderful and helpful team, it is a place that you can improve and grow your skills. I definitely recommended this Hotel to be happy at work!

Keep you busy

I was tasked with running the concierge dept, and I was the only one in the whole dept. So I had to establish the dept and get it up and running, essentially be a team of one. I have been mentioned in plenty of hotel comments on my helpfulness.

Pros

Always busy

Cons

Lack of storage space

It was a great hotel to work for

It was a great hotel to work for the people was great I did not see any bad points to it except dealing with some irate guest but sometimes MOS all the times everything works out

Great experience. Professional people

Great learning experience, enjoyed working there. The training was professional, Informative. Management staff explored a good culture unity among employees.

Hard working team let down by upper management

Very poor communication between upper management and the rest of the team. Long hours required with minimum wage is the reason for being understaffed.

Fun, interesting work environment

Loved working with guests Free tickets to sports events Worked with team owners, doctors, entertainers, etc. Free dining at top restaurants in the area Nothing bad to say about the job. It was just fun.

Pros

Free dining at top restaurants. Worked with wonderful people.

If They Say Jump You Better Fly

During my time at Double Tree, I was treated unfairly from day one. The departments are not friendly amongst each other. The managers severely lacks communication and humility when conversing with employees. You would think that the guests would be the problem but they are not. Everyone is scared that you are there to replace them. Your general well being is no concern, just make the brand look good. The tips are good and so is the pay but keep your head on a swivel. You are subject to being lied to and on and they will snatch your job without confirming anything. You are not a person to them. Just a small fish on a very large food chain.

good place to work and learn

good place to work and learn new things grate team best management good location in rak well working time by good transport 24 hrs less traveling time .

Pros

nice food

Cons

if need

Its an ok place to work

The employees were great to work with to start off. The company's discipline scale was way off. One employee swore infant of a customer and had a week suspension. I had an employee try to hit me with a vehicle and try to fight me. I got two day suspension and he got five days. To me that doesn't seem fair on punishment. One statement the company always said "We always promote from within, before hiring outside people." That statement is VERY much false. I personally applied for 5-8 positions within the same company and got passed over for people that were hired from outside the company. Even asked and was told they had more experience, even though when talking to the new employees they had little to NO experience. Even asked about training me on the areas that I was lacking. Never was given the chance. HR even wanted me to be promoted but for reasons not told me I was not. Hospitality degree and everything.

Pros

free lunches, employees became family.

Cons

Lack of promotion opportunities

Dtlr

At the start of the 2015 I was offered a position at the Doubletree hotel it was at first an excellent opportunity to had work their for 3 years. But now the Hotel in total dysfunctional and the overturn is very rapid I was let go for stupid reason.

Cons

I would advise people to not apply there

Very good review for Doubletree/Hilton

I really enjoyed working @ Doubletree/Hilton! The management was always very flexible! The company always gave for the oppurtunity for advancement. Usually very good with scheduling.

Pros

Great company for advancement

Cons

I can't think of any...

High business voluns

The company overall was great and offered great benefits from health to discounts. I made great money from tips however management was disgraceful to say the least. If it weren't for poor management I'd still be there and would not have left.

Pros

Hotel discounts, great tips

Cons

Poor management, no consistency, lack of morale

Productive and Fun Work place

Doubletree by Hilton Doha Old Town is Nice and fun place to work, I have finished my Contract and will like to Relocate for more Experience on my career.

Pros

free meals, transportation and accomodation

Cons

8hrs duty

meet many interesting people

when things need to be addressed takes a long time. Managers dont see the bad employees. I enjoy my job very much and its because of my guests. I am a people person and have 30 years of customer service.

Love it

Pros: Hospitality is a varied job choice, perfect for people who do not like being tied down to an office etc. Working here has taught me many skills, too many no name. I have gained qualifications and there is a clear path for management. I would compare the staff and management here to family, everyones caring and friendly. Cons: Mainly shift work-as you would expect in this industry. Buildings a little tired. Can get extremely busy. Pay is a bit low, again industry to blame Overall, thoroughly enjoy my job, love the interaction with guests and staff alike.

Doubletree by hilton

Doubletree by hilton is the great place to learn and work. HR Manager is very helpfull. Food in the staff cafeteria is amazing

Good place to start a hospitality career

Fast paced work environment that makes you learn customer service skills and people skills quickly. Flagship company for hospitality careers. Good benefits for discounted hotel rooms.

Very hard on workers

This company has no regular schedules and has a less than stellar management. They recently cut my pay by 30 %, prompting me to find alternate employment. No employee of this company knows what their work week will look like until Wednesday of the previous week so it makes planing anything outside of work very hard.

Pros

free lunch, steady pay

Cons

Management, work week, employee consideration

Doubletree by Hilton

Doubletree by Hilton is a good place to work. But there really is no room to grow and expand. The hardest part of my job is communication. Everyone is not on the same page of how this operate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K