DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 4,207 reviews
Not fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lands, PA10 February 2020
worked there for 10 years, seen people come and go. Even if you work your butt off. They still treat you like trash. Finally left company when new employees were doing same work and getting more money.
Working at the Hilton
Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC10 February 2020
The Hilton has taught me a lot about humility, integrity, ownership & dedication. Their business practices has created a nurturing and caring environment aimed at both customer and employees
Only good thing about job is View of Ocean
cook (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TX4 February 2020
Lack of Management. Most Days Manager never is there. Supervisors have no Knowledge or training as Cooks. Supervisory Spots are Unfilled intentionally. Typical Work day is Understaffed, Day shift is Understaffed. Cooks are required to also do Prep, check in and put away Truck, and do dishes. Night shift not required to help do work. Equipment is falling apart. Vital Equipment is nonworking and not replaced. Some broken for half a year or more. No chance to promote from within. Pay is not on scale to experience.
I got a lot of experience working there. I loved it
Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 7700221 January 2020
In general it was good to work there. They gave me a huge opportunity to learn and I appreciate it. I worked day and night and I learned every menu. I don't like working at night. Sometimes the kitchen was not very tidy, I like order and cleanliness.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
No healtcare, no benefits, no vacations.
Friendly atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FL18 January 2020
It's a good place to start your culinary career, friendly family oriented atmosphere. The Management team is easy going and willing to work with your schedule.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MA17 December 2019
Great place to work, a Marvelous work environment.
Great benefits,.Lot's support from the management. All co-workers are very nice and supportive, they all help one another, great teamwork.
I think DT is a place where everyone should have the chance to work to feel how things are done between employees and management.
It was a great experience work at DT.
I will never forget how I was treated there by my co-workers and Management.
productive and fun workplace
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2019
I have 19 years of relevant experience in the field of baking and cooking.
Having already held similar positions in the areas of Bakery-Pastry and Cook, I have acquired the skills necessary for this position i have in double tree by Hilton . I am available to work immediately and consider myself to be a dynamic individual. I am dedicated professional, committed to providing high quality, friendly and timely service with clientele.
not a place to work
cook (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, IL18 September 2019
I do not recommend working for double tree by Hilton when it's associated with porters steakhouse in Collinsville. not a work environment that is positive, welcoming, or appreciative of hard work. incredibly stressful and absolutely NO accountability OR consequence for the daytime crew and their complete lack of preparation for the evening crew. A COMPLETE management overhaul of the staff, (except one individual) needs to occur as well as the COMPLETE remodeling/cleaning of the ENTIRE hotel is DESPERATELY needed.
Good service, but a bit too stressful
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL1 September 2019
I'm a veteran with a mental disability so I'm not supposed to be under too much stress, sometimes this job is a bit too much for me, but I'm persistent and endure to get my job done. I'm ready to move on to something better, besides cooking that's why I'm learning Information Technology.There are a lot of good people working here. The hotel has a lot to offer, but the bigger percent of the old staff have moved on, and the new need to learn better people skills, and learn more about their positions of what is immediately important and what is not. The first year working here was fun and I'm going on three years now.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off, yearly raises, benefits.
Cons
stressful work environment
Great benefits
Cook (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OH28 August 2019
This is a good company to work for. The benefits are really great. Good work environment. Flexible hours and shifts available. Discounts on hotel rooms.
Dead end job.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CO9 August 2019
Don't cross train. The hours don't make up for the fact that your the only one willing to do so. Stepping stone job for better opportunities or a place to work when you want free food and a laxed low wage job.
N/a
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ1 July 2019
Very poor management in the kitchen. The food and beverage manager/executive chef was not experienced enough to run a restaurant / business made poor choices was never accommodating I ask for time off he always had an excuse for not letting me take my day off.
wrose place to work "the castle"
cook (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CO24 June 2019
This place doesnt provide uniforms,no paid time off!, Very very low pay! Full time employees were given 4 days off and scheduled only 5 working hours per day,stay away!!!Alway short staffed.The owners are greedy they make alot money over charging for banquets but wont pay staff! They reuse food from old banquets for new banquets! Gross!!
big kitchen busy when hotel is busy
Cook #1 (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MN28 May 2019
The volume at the restaurant can vary greatly depending on hotel. when really busy banquets helps out at times setting up buffet. Management s good very flexible.
Long and Stressful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PA15 May 2019
An old kitchen infested with mice and roaches that no one cares about. Food isn't cycled properly. Prep is very inconsistent based on who works and what they feel like doing. The bane maries are always over temperature because their heat lamps run way too hot so food spoils quickly. Supposed to get 30 minute breaks in a almost 12 hour shift and never allowed to take it and also expected to stay late because their schedule has an hour gap between shifts. People supposed to have my back but just do other things while I get slammed on the line for hours. Food and beverage managers couldn't control their front of house staff who could barely speak English.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No breaks, too much work with not enough time to get it done, horrible management.
Stressfull job, lack of management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TX14 April 2019
No advancement, poor management, they over worked employees, the pay is low poor cleanliness by employees in the working area, no organization, lack of communication between departments most of the time struggle with hiring employees due to Not having enough people in certain departments to performed duties as assigned by mangers, managers do not help at all not considering when hotel is sold out , they don't care how employees gets all the work done whenever employees reach to them , they don't care about employees at all managers all they care is about budget for them selves
Stupid people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL12 April 2019
Stressful but no direction from head chef and not enough people to hand load. Need to be a person of patience in order to deal with the Poor excuse for an executive chef.
Pros
Money, people
Cons
Leadershop.
Exceptional staff and work ethics.
preparing breakfast buffet and line cook (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA11 February 2019
Great place to work .Staff is like family, everyone gets along. We all have one goal, customer satisfaction and quality in everthing we do is exceptional.
Hardest part of job is time, sometimes there is not enough time in a day.Catering gets overwhelming at times,making for an extra long day.It gets done,although stressful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over worked at times
Terrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD19 January 2019
Horrible employees treatment and high volume of responsibilities that you never get pay for it. Also expensive health insurance plans and lock of progress.
Pros
Poor managment
Cons
Poor managment
If you're a cook, just don't even try.
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA16 September 2018
They promise you one thing at the interview, they end up prioritizing what the other 2 employees want. Management is not on top of thing and hygiene is POOR. No 10/15min breaks, only ONE 30min break if the kitchen is not too busy.

51.5K