DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Cook

Cook45 reviews
Very good place to working and to find a new experience.All staff are really helpful from the management to the operation staff,but a bit poor on some equipment
They're not giving you a stress but they will enhance your skill by helping and being a really good co-worker. Working in the kitchen is always challenging but only when you have trustworthy teammate, you can overcome.
Pros
Great working environment. Respect everyone.
Cons
You need to work alone with efficiency sometime.
Go in with your own plan.Kitchen area not organized at all.Always running out of items on the menu and the guest gets very angry at the cook.Menu not up to date.A lot on the menu that they no longer serve
Great place to work. great staff great, benefits, great location great hours. Good hours and a lot of positions to work and free lunch and buffet for all staff
I have been working for them for 5 years and have had no opportunity to grow. Management is not managing so their staff is not held to company standards. It is all about who you know not your job performance.
worked there for 10 years, seen people come and go. Even if you work your butt off. They still treat you like trash. Finally left company when new employees were doing same work and getting more money.
The Hilton has taught me a lot about humility, integrity, ownership & dedication. Their business practices has created a nurturing and caring environment aimed at both customer and employees
Lack of Management. Most Days Manager never is there. Supervisors have no Knowledge or training as Cooks. Supervisory Spots are Unfilled intentionally. Typical Work day is Understaffed, Day shift is Understaffed. Cooks are required to also do Prep, check in and put away Truck, and do dishes. Night shift not required to help do work. Equipment is falling apart. Vital Equipment is nonworking and not replaced. Some broken for half a year or more. No chance to promote from within. Pay is not on scale to experience.
In general it was good to work there. They gave me a huge opportunity to learn and I appreciate it. I worked day and night and I learned every menu. I don't like working at night. Sometimes the kitchen was not very tidy, I like order and cleanliness.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
No healtcare, no benefits, no vacations.
It's a good place to start your culinary career, friendly family oriented atmosphere. The Management team is easy going and willing to work with your schedule.
Great place to work, a Marvelous work environment.
Great benefits,.Lot's support from the management. All co-workers are very nice and supportive, they all help one another, great teamwork.

I think DT is a place where everyone should have the chance to work to feel how things are done between employees and management.

It was a great experience work at DT.

I will never forget how I was treated there by my co-workers and Management.
I have 19 years of relevant experience in the field of baking and cooking.
Having already held similar positions in the areas of Bakery-Pastry and Cook, I have acquired the skills necessary for this position i have in double tree by Hilton . I am available to work immediately and consider myself to be a dynamic individual. I am dedicated professional, committed to providing high quality, friendly and timely service with clientele.
I do not recommend working for double tree by Hilton when it's associated with porters steakhouse in Collinsville. not a work environment that is positive, welcoming, or appreciative of hard work. incredibly stressful and absolutely NO accountability OR consequence for the daytime crew and their complete lack of preparation for the evening crew. A COMPLETE management overhaul of the staff, (except one individual) needs to occur as well as the COMPLETE remodeling/cleaning of the ENTIRE hotel is DESPERATELY needed.
I'm a veteran with a mental disability so I'm not supposed to be under too much stress, sometimes this job is a bit too much for me, but I'm persistent and endure to get my job done. I'm ready to move on to something better, besides cooking that's why I'm learning Information Technology.There are a lot of good people working here. The hotel has a lot to offer, but the bigger percent of the old staff have moved on, and the new need to learn better people skills, and learn more about their positions of what is immediately important and what is not. The first year working here was fun and I'm going on three years now.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off, yearly raises, benefits.
Cons
stressful work environment
This is a good company to work for. The benefits are really great. Good work environment. Flexible hours and shifts available. Discounts on hotel rooms.
Don't cross train. The hours don't make up for the fact that your the only one willing to do so. Stepping stone job for better opportunities or a place to work when you want free food and a laxed low wage job.
Very poor management in the kitchen. The food and beverage manager/executive chef was not experienced enough to run a restaurant / business made poor choices was never accommodating I ask for time off he always had an excuse for not letting me take my day off.
This place doesnt provide uniforms,no paid time off!, Very very low pay! Full time employees were given 4 days off and scheduled only 5 working hours per day,stay away!!!Alway short staffed.The owners are greedy they make alot money over charging for banquets but wont pay staff! They reuse food from old banquets for new banquets! Gross!!
The volume at the restaurant can vary greatly depending on hotel. when really busy banquets helps out at times setting up buffet. Management s good very flexible.
An old kitchen infested with mice and roaches that no one cares about. Food isn't cycled properly. Prep is very inconsistent based on who works and what they feel like doing. The bane maries are always over temperature because their heat lamps run way too hot so food spoils quickly. Supposed to get 30 minute breaks in a almost 12 hour shift and never allowed to take it and also expected to stay late because their schedule has an hour gap between shifts. People supposed to have my back but just do other things while I get slammed on the line for hours. Food and beverage managers couldn't control their front of house staff who could barely speak English.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No breaks, too much work with not enough time to get it done, horrible management.
No advancement, poor management, they over worked employees, the pay is low poor cleanliness by employees in the working area, no organization, lack of communication between departments most of the time struggle with hiring employees due to Not having enough people in certain departments to performed duties as assigned by mangers, managers do not help at all not considering when hotel is sold out , they don't care how employees gets all the work done whenever employees reach to them , they don't care about employees at all managers all they care is about budget for them selves
1.6K