DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Director of Engineering

Director of Engineering12 reviews
Great company
Great company, team in ace was amazing. Learned alot from the manager in place. Family environment, compensation was competitive. Focused alot on employee happiness.
to have a lunch room and lounge and pool
to have lunch room and lounge and pool and gym and basketball court. A place to relax and talk to other staff members. Alson have weekly staff meetings and outings
Interstate Hotels Operated
General Manager that hired me was gone by the time I arrived. Predecessor was gone when I arrived. Subordinate staff was less than half strength when I arrived. My men hadn't had a day off in over 4 months due to understaffing. New General Manager increased workload and never recognized any accomplishments.
Pros
Free lunch, benefit package.
Cons
No support by local management
My day at work
Meeting, project reviews and deadlines.
Learned about the operation of the Convention Center.

Lots of lighting hard to keep up with burned ones.

Dealing with burned light bulbs in the convention center
Pros
Free parking and free employees meal.
Cons
Needed a big renovation
Great team work
Good working environment, great management staff and associates. Some difficulty funding for property enhancement but managed well. We also had fun even when you were hard at work.
Pros
Great associates.
Cons
Benefit costs
DoubleTree by Hilton
Great place to work. I'm very pleased with the way the company runs daily operations and how they promote from within. Great benefits with great discounts on rooms.
Outstanding place to work the company is so caring.
Check in everyone says good morning to you, I learned how to work better in the hospitality industry, Management is caring and understanding, Work place culture is take care of our guest and give them the best stay they have ever had. The hardest part of the job is when you have a guest that is not happy no matter what you do or say, but you still give them smile of caring and turn there mood the other way around.
Pros
Benifits are good if you are a family person
Dinning area and lounge
Hilton Double tree has very high standards which I thrive for trying to better than the next hotel PM programs and renovations are my specialty. I always keep a safe environment for the guest and staff.
Great place to work.
I left this job because of the promises made by another company I sorry I did
the building sat for 43 years empty and was a total rebuild. I and my team did the start up of the Hotel and the day to day running
Pros
new construction privet parking
Cons
in city of detroit
Great staff
Great staff,big hotel ,460 rooms 58k banquet space 2 restaurants,sport bar ,spread out over 13 acres,busy 11 months a year
Recently a stressfull environment/Currently under chapter 11
I have had over seven great years at this hotel. This hotel has been bought and sold three times during my tenure which brought new ownership which brought new opportunities to the table. I have had some great opportunities while employed at this property. With this current management group, I was recognized three out of four years for achieving the highest award, the Engineering of the year. Through my hard and dedication I have been frequently asked to extend my responsibilities and travel outside of my Tampa based property as the companies Regional Engineer to assist other properties across the county. The current ownership group has recently filed for chapter 11 protection at this location. This has brought new changes in management and challenges that are not positive and counterproductive. While currently employed at this location, I wish pursue other opportunities and offer over (20) solid years of hotel engineering/construction management experience.
Pros
i have a great team.
Cons
very stressfull environment.
Review
Completed guest rooms and meeting space renovations, complete building mechanical assessment
Pros
loyal hard working employees
Cons
really long hours