DoubleTree by Hilton logo
DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Engineer

Work–Life Balance

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,620 reviews

The company will keep you busy.

I clock into work. I ask for tasks that has not been completed yet and ask questions for my mental notes. I learn as much as they are willing to teach. Always room for improvements. The enjoyable part of the job is satisfying each guests that have any concerns or complaints. Hardest part of the job is trying to complete all major tasks by yourself on one shift within 7 and half hours because you still have to take your half hour break. That's mandatory.

Pros

discounts on rooms and meals in the restaurant.

Cons

being forced to complete a project that really takes time to complete in one shift.

All the people that work there are like family

It's great to see people having fun and making sure they have all of their needs met. I love making the hotel clean like a hospital. A place where you can call home and be proud to have your family in.

They don't care about employees

The Hotel is still opened during the pandemic witch mean more risk for employees but management didn't care about any one and didn't appreciate at all no bonuses no rate until most people decide to leave. By the way they don't pay well.

Job is terrible

Working in maintenance is great, poor communication every department. Makes it really hard to understand why most rooms aren’t up to date. It’s an easy job if you keep busy.

Pros

Cons

Managers

Fairly decent at times

There are a bunch of great people that work here, but stay away from the maintenance department. It’s run by an insecure little man who should of been fired long ago. Other departments are much better and free lunch!

terrible management

hotel quality was terrible. seeing how things worked behind the scenes really turned me off from hotel stays. the way management handled situations was poor. They couldn't pass an inspection in over 2 years. owners fired mgmt company and hired a new one but they still failed. Best advice for a hotel job is do ur review research bc u might not last long (by choice)

Pros

free food

Cons

fixed food menu

Decent place to work

The people are very kind and it can be a wonderful place to work, but the management treats lower management like garbage, as well as the employees below them.

Pros

Cheap lunch, decent breaks

Cons

Bad management, does not pay enugh

Love working here

Great team and management. Good Unity. Learned about time management and team building techniques. Also quick problem solving. Hardest part would be that lack of equipment and tools as we need it. I recommend that they buy certain things in bulk, i.e. batteries, flush-ometer etc.

This is a fun place to work

This is a great place to work for. When I was called they told me that they had an opening in Maintenance and that they would train me in this. I have really learned a lot as a maintenance.

This is a great job, I enjoy working for this company

This is a good job for someone who has experience in building maintenance and looking for a new start. They are willing to help you achieve your goals and advance to a better life. I enjoy working for this company and my team members. This company has given me a chance to obtain enough experience to further my growth as not only a better worker, but a better person.

Pros

Free lunches and parking

Cons

Lowest paying hotel in the downtown area

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?

Great management, great co-workers, ok building

The building was remodeled a few years ago, but they didn't replace the plumbing or wiring in the hotel. We had issues with drain lines cracking/ eroding and pinhole leaks in hot water supply lines. The electrical on the hotel side is having issues. The lamps and lights in the rooms are cheap and we are having to replace the switches. Thankfully management is very pro active about these issues and is willing to spend the money to repair/ replace things when they pop up.

Pros

Free lunch and/or dinner

Cons

building needs work

disappointing management choices

A formerly smooth running predictive maintenance operation has been systematically demoralized and devolved down through preventative, reactive, to crisis management, snitching, understaffed, as needed supply chain only.

day at work

A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the swimming pool, testing the water quality and balancing it, checking for work orders, and to doing preventive maintenance in the rooms and or assigned areas.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

not much team work

Its a nice hotel

The hotel its self is great and people are nice and the food is good my time there was great I meet a lot of great people and also did my jobs with no problems.

Cons

The best job i've ever had.

Typical days I take the calls making it very busy. I learned how to get along with co workers and how to deal with situations you don't agree with. My co workers and I are great friends, we often chat outside of work. The most enjoyable part of my job is guest satisfaction and knowing I was able to fix the problem to ensure guests have a wonderful stay.

Pros

Free lunch, friendly co workers.

My Bosses were Great

My bosses saw my potential and helped out a lot.... Recommended me to an even greater job.

A company dedicated to guest satisfaction

Good place to work, learned a lot...they give you the freedom to make decisions, and listen to any input that might better the experience for the guests.

Horrible place to work

A typical day at work is not having the right supplies to complete the job. I learned nothing from being there except trying to do things the right way is the wrong way. The "management" is sneaky and does not care about you. The " healthcare" was unaffordable. Did not offer any kind of % of coverage, just offered different unaffordable plans. There was no advancement opportunity.

n/a

great place to work people friendly and great hours... meet new and interesting people everyday.

Nice Place to work.

1) Every day is wonderfull for me here due to good team work.2) I learnd here Documentation and how to manage operation with less manpower.3) My Co- workers are very good by nature we are work here with proper respect to each other and as a team.4) Less and fresh man power so faceing some problem durin peak time of operation.5)There are lot of things and oportunity to learn here and good team.

Pros

service charges and free meal.

Cons

duty hours are long during morning shift.