DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Executive Chef

Executive Chef38 reviews
fun place to work,awesome location,friendly employees, Lots of management support and steady banquet events. high ens a quality food culinary department.
Pros
nice location
Cons
hard work
I was hire as consultant for a year to get food cost, labor, production and health standers up to a better place.
Computerized ordering of items ( Food, cleaning supplies, paper goods etc. for food and beverage.)

Eliminate sales agents from coming in to socialized in Kitchen,.
A company with work ethics , financially Stable , Growing opportunities.
Respectful of the quality of life, with a reasonable income. An a successful leader in the industry
Great place to work. Health benefits available. Holiday pay. Vacation benefits. Employee meal program for lunch and dinner. Competitive wages. Great management company.
Hilton has good standards for operation and customer satisfaction. However, my property was managed by an independent corporation that out it's own goals before employees.
It was fun wild it lasted the hotel will be closing in Feb 2020 for revations
so it no going to be open for long so any job offer is only for couple months
my 90 review was stella but general manager fired me 3 days before christmas for no real reason. brought all financials in line but still because i interviewed for another hotel he fired me
accesses the needs of the hotel for the day. how to maintain a steady food cost. Great friendships but at times extremely long hours. Work place is enjoyable.
Pros
great work family, seeing the success and growth of the department, learning how to build upon my skils for futher advancement.
Cons
sometimes put in close to and over 80hrs. a week, Often no time for my own life for a low salary.
Was a great fun place to work and then the GM relocated and the new GM did not believe in teamwork or taking care of the employees or guests. Was the place to do your banquets until the change in management.
Great people to work with is a fun and exciting atmosphere. The employees are very friendly and the staff is willing to help each other as much as needed.
Start my Day at 6 am to make sure we are prepared for Breakfast
then i have a daily meeting with my staff

make sure everyone follow the sanitation guidelines

then we get ready for all the banquets

the hardest part of this job NONE because we all have fun working
Pros
very dedicated people
Cons
Great place to work, strong team. It was my first Exec Chef position and i was able to learn the basic of my new role. the entire team was engaged and working there was fun
20 years at this location, new ownership changed atmosphere, needed a new work environment, I would love to have a new place to call home, cooking is a passion and I believe in being dedicated.
At the hotel I had good and bad experiences the cookies they give you are amazing and the staff is very friendly. The food was great especially the shrimp and grits and the bartenders were nice.

It is hard to fine good cooks, and the unoces that are good don't last. The equipment is old don't woark all the time. Two years waitting for new equipment and never got it.
Busy place to work. Occupancy stays high throughout the year. Breakfast is extremely busy doing from 200-400 covers a day. Banquets and catering stays busy as well with a lot of group business.
Berikan semangat karyawan pasilitas kerja yang sesuai skill
Pros
Asuransi dan gajih mencukupi keluarga
Cons
Komunikasi antar department
....its an ok place to work, as long as you stay to yourself and don't try to do anything outside to change what has been going on there for 20 years. They don't like change.
Pros
..hours
Cons
..hours
In starting, I had experienced three kitchen inspections in my first three weeks of employment ranging from the Bexar County Health Department as well as quality control teams from the corporate headquarters.
I inherited a filthy kitchen and had to work very hard to bring the cleanliness and sanitation up to company standards.

It was hard work but I managed to get great scores per the inspections.
Pros
Nice, professional people to work with.
Cons
Lack of enough staff.
Good place to work. Good Management Team, Lot of room for advancement. Constantly growing company, that like to retain good long term employees. Good place to work
A very busy and productive property with large banquet and catering facility. Very organized with all line team members and management team including sales team. Very diverse team and well enjoyed working with including management team and various departments.
Orchestrating multiple task for individual for a large volume was a big learning factor.

Doing large volume was challenging but rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
Great environment and great team to be with on a daily bases
Cons
Not enough storage spaces for a large banquet events
Worked with a great team from all areas of the department including management departments. Great diversity and a fun environment.
Lack on some of equipment in banquet but management to pull thru by other means,

Great environment where I am so happy to go to work on a daily bases.
Pros
Great Property with great team and management.
Cons
Certain equipment needed updating