DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for F&B Manager

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 4,125 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
F&B Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hilton9 December 2019
I recommend to work here. It´s a great place. I have learned a lot here. Management is very helpful and polite. Coworkers also. They teach what you don´t know and always willing to help
DONT work here!
f+b (Former Employee) –  Southampton12 August 2019
Don’t let the GM trick you into thinking that this double tree Hilton Southampton is good, because guess what. ITS NOT. The staff turnover is horrific because of how you are treated, you are just a number and the GM will not value you at all, he will use you until you are exhausted. He makes out everything’s so great but hadn’t actually seen anything’s get replaced? Don’t be deceived by the job description! All you read is a lie! Only apply if you wanted to be treated poorly. Horrendous hotel with horrendous management at all costs for your mental and physical well being, DONT WORK HERE! GM only cares about himself and actually takes money of you descretly so you will be working and not be getting paid properly!
Cons
Sure job, great to advance in career
F&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 July 2019
Poor management, hours cut "by mistake", very smart into pay (for them) but no one knows how the payroll works so will always have questions about your payslip, not enough budget for anything never, no security, no uniform. Great if you like big challenges and want to advance in career, sometimes you get support.
Pros
Free food, great benefits and discounts
Cons
Payroll and gm
Joke
F&B Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton17 June 2019
The gm thinks he is a little hitler , no training to the staff and expects them to know what they are doing , most don’t speak a word of English , it’s run like a joke
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hour
Hilton is a great place to work to learn and grow up in your career
F & B Executive (Former Employee) –  Delhi, Delhi13 February 2019
Workplace culture is very friendly in hilton the management is very supportive and focus to the employees and great team work it is the best place to grow individually.
F&B Director
F&B Director (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CT4 November 2018
Managing staff of at least 40 employees in multifunction aspects of restaurants and banquets business.
A total of 20 years of experience in food and beverage industry
Outstanding record in recruiting, training and motivating employees
Strong Knowledge of the front and back of the restaurant
Financial and cash management control.
Planning, scheduling, observing and rewarding highly performed staff.
Assuring equipment’s performance on daily bases.
Updating and improving menu as needed.
Increasing profit by planning advertisements and controlling payroll.
Responsibility of inventory and purchasing restaurants supplies.
Hands on experience with all the restaurant business from cooking to managements.
Restaurant management software experience. E.g. Micros.
Planning banquets of up to 500 guests.
Fun place to work
Banquet/F & B Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY15 October 2018
I loved my position at The Double Tree by Hilton. I have held numerous jobs with Hilton and find that hotel chain to be rewarding. My staff and co workers, as well as events held made coming to work fun and challenging. I loved that fact of events being busy, challenging and fun.
one of a kind traing love the training program for team members employees have the power to make it right for the guest
F&B MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL21 September 2018
great brand wonderful location great insurance a place where you can move up . love the open door policy everyone have a voice from day one good work life balance
Pros
world wide company to work for
Cons
not good if not keep up
good team
F&B Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2018
The environment and the team is awesome
appraisals and appreciations will be on the top if we do the job spot less
And all the managers or HOD's are amazing willing to help us anytime and so advice able to improve our career.
Pros
appreciation programs
Cons
not applicable
Food and Beverage
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX16 January 2018
Lay back place to be working, the employees understand the role fo being a team players, managers are very helpful no matter what circumstances. the workplace culture is wonderful.
Pros
Breakroom for employees
Cons
No free lunch for employee
poor management
F&B ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London14 January 2018
I was working for Carnaby restaurant. The staff members and the management was changing too often therefore the team wasn't well organized at all. The salary was very bad and poor tips
Great Company
Assistant F&B Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL2 August 2017
Loved the time i spent here, the hotel was a great experience working with guests. especially being an airport property. great staff, everyone there was like family.
F&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire19 May 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working at the Doubletree, my work friends have become friends for life and the working environment provided is amazing.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
356 days a year Customer service !
F&B Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC15 March 2017
Guest Satisfaction- All day. Meetings to Banquets for lunch and dinner a full service restaurant-breakfast ,lunch,dinner.Full Bar.
over. We are managed by a third party management company. Very busy Hotel and a great staff. We are in the people business 24-7, so there are a lot of moving parts. Every day brings a new experience in this business.
Pros
Team Travel, when and if can get a day off ?
Cons
Bonuses-Insurance ?
Very good training
Server/F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL20 October 2016
Great environment and management team. F& B Director very helpful and knowledgeable. Great training available as well Doubletree by Hiilton also provided advancement opportunities
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
Great people to work with but management lack of leadership and communication.
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA15 July 2016
I love working with my staffs. However, the upper management lacks of leadership and communication.Very hard to balance your work life and personal life.
F&B Allrounder (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam17 May 2016
Ive truly loved working here,
Freedom was very present , so you go to work with a smile .

The Management knows all the 300 staff members what is not common.

The hardest part was to satisfy the guest which is very enjoyable at the same time!
Poorly-managed
F&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunblane and Bridge of Allan19 April 2016
Although the Hilton exceeds at revenue management and sets the industry standard, the Dunblane Hydro has an occurring problem with staff management(i.e poor recruitment, training, retaining etc)There are opportunities for career advancement ,though personal health might be sacrificed in the process. Fellow co-workers are somewhat capable at their respected jobs but little support or training is given, though highs standards of service provision are expected. All in all, the place is good to learn how to work under Xtreme stress and hardships...you learn how to handle difficult situations and people with ease after working there for about 6 months or more
Pros
Pleanty of hours to go around for everyone
Cons
Badly managed and run by teenagers
Fun workplace
F & B ATTENDANT - BARTENDER & BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 April 2016
Busy preparing different menu depending on the promotions.
Learn how to be a good leader and to create bound with other staff.
The hardest is when receive a complaint about the food.
The management was okay and the most enjoyable part is i earned so much respect and i think i'm a good leader.
Pros
Lunch Provided
Cons
Healthcare
fun workplace
F&B Supervisor/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL17 February 2015
Enjoyed dealing with different guest daily from the East to West Coast . Also enjoyed my regular guests daily . I was empowered in my position to satisfy all guest in any way possible - our slogan was "never say no " - I enjoy meeting new people , I am very outgoing and personable . I am a hard worker and enjoy what I do . And always willing to go the extra mile and learn different departments / activities if need be .
Pros
Discounts on multiple hotel listings in the country

51.5K