DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Food Service Worker12 reviews
Great interaction with guests of hotel. Enjoyed working with employees, who were like family.
Downside: When laid off, with most of the others because of covid19, company took all of my vacation and sick time (about 150 hours). I had worked there 10+ years. It was due to a policy (made by company) 1 month prior, that vacation time had to be used, not cashed out, even when leaving because of no fault of your own.
Pros
Management was awesome, as were employees!
Cons
Vacation policy
The team here is a family. The benefits are great with an in house Human Resources so you can discuss any issues. Benefits are fair and raises once a year.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Assumes others should know what to do and how to do it with little or no training.
Frequently becomes impatient when things aren't done their way. Dictates to others rather than involving them in the decision making.
setting up ballroom for events. I learned that this job can be a hit or miss depending on how management are feeling. hardest part of the job was cleaning up after parties. the most enjoying part was the benefits.
Pros
free food and benefits
Cons
not enough hours
it was a fun place to work with a lot of good people to worked with. it gives you motivation to work in Hilton, a little bit disappointed with staff meals
Pros
discount on every Hilton properties
Cons
employee meals are not too good
This job gave me skills that can be used in other work Fields. The management always worked hard to make sure everyone was representing the company correctly.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
The money was O.k, but poor management. I enjoyed the banquet department there .I did not like how the had the kitchen set up for the food and beverage department. The up and down the stair to run the food from the kitchen to the dinning area, was horrible, Could not see the next person coming inside with the food beacause the way the door was.But, the pay was o.k, for a busser.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
I love working with Double tree by Hilton Fiji.
The managements are good and I've learn a lot.

Everyday at work is fun and exciting. The training that is included in my daily work is very helpful to me.
Pros
free staff meals
Cons
8 hours shifts
Well, at the Hilton, I learned a lot about the in and outs as a food and beverage server. I was hire at the Doubletree by the Hilton as a bus person and was cross as a food and beverage attendant within the little I started. I was able to bus table and serve at the same time. When I ran the food out run the kitchen, I have to serve it to the guest and had to make sure the the was satisfied with the food and if something was not right, I have to make it right, and sometime this can require going back to the kitchen to tell the cook to fix the order. Once that was settle, the guest was happy and was I and the server. Ensuring guest satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of the job. What I like most about the Hilton was that I was able to be cross-train in Banquet and I love because it was manageable, plus and the events and parties was exciting.
Pros: everything is a plus

Cons: none that i can think of

I can only say that I had the privilege working for Doubletree Hotel on a Long term contract to hire position. It was my misfortune that the economy took a downturn an my termporary position was not made permanent. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
meals are free.
Cons
short breaks
Every day when i come to work, it starts off great. I arrive typically 10-15 minutes early to ensure that i am not late. Management is great and is always willing to answer any questions i may have.
In doubletree by hilton, in this hotel ive learned how to communicate with different guests, to my collegues even we have different languages we still understand each other.i work in different outlet, in the main restaurant, cafe, lounge, pool bar...sometimes i handle one outlet..i learn how to make cocktails and a lot more.
Pros
free accomodation, transportation, food alowance
Cons
one hour break