DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Manager

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 4,134 reviews
Fast Paced and Stressful
Food and Beverage Supervisor/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen29 October 2019
The DoubleTree brand is far removed from Hilton these days. The cut backs in what they offer the guests is detremental to the work you are trying to do to impress them. Bad management can make your life very hard. Get yourself in a well staffed team and you will be performing to your highest but when you are understaffed things become truly though. For the work they do supervisors are not paid nearly enough. Say goodbye to your social life as you are expected to work 50+ hours a week, sometimes you will work for 10 days in a row with one day off before you work another 5 days.
Pros
Free lunch, Go Hilton Membership, Instant Hilton Honours Silver Membership, Free Gym Access
Cons
Long Hours, Low Rate of Pay, Few Days Off
Hostile environment
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA10 September 2019
Met a lot of great people but once your in and see how upper management treats others it’s not a great place to work. Very stressful have to tip toe Around managements mood. Lots of favoritism too
Pros
Hotel discount when you stay at Hilton
Cons
Poor management
Fun and productive
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelsea30 July 2019
- Head of Department
- Training the team
- Follow up with HR procedures
- Monthly team meetings
- Decision making
- Duty manager when required
- Dealing with guest complaints and queries.
- Making sure guests are having a pleasant stay
Pros
new learning
Cons
salary
Food and beverage secondary concerns.
Food and Beverage Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MA18 June 2019
The place puts all its eggs into the booking basket. The large functions are run well but the food itself is lacking and they don't seem to care. They are putting lipstick on a pig. Lots of frozen fair.
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 May 2019
I loved working at the double tree hotel I enjoyed working management was great until 6 month before I left everything went down management was horrible
good place to work
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NH13 May 2019
Very good company to work for. Excellent paid time off, and discounts on hotel stays are a perk. Management team is a plus.
Staff is great to work with and always a team environment.
Beautifully renovated recently.
Great workplace, family oriented
Food And Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJ12 May 2019
I have been working with this hotel for over a year and have consistently been impressed with their professionalism and hard work. I would happily recommend this organization to anyone looking for supplemental or part time work, with paths to full time and management growth
Pros
free parking, free lunch
Working was okay most of the time
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK24 March 2019
A typical day at work is to great your customers with a smile and say HELLO and HOW IS YOUR DAY GOING. It's a fun place to work when the management is in a good mood.
Pros
Great perks, Great Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work just at the time poor upper management
Night operations/Food and Beverage manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE11 January 2019
Really great Co workers and guests were amazing. Great place to start in hospitality and guest services. Teaches you how to deal with the public and people of all backgrounds. Also, trains you to be alert and quick with decision making.
Pros
Provided lunch and dinner.
Cons
Could use better management that cared for employees.
Good Place
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FL22 December 2018
Liked a good hotel corp. They make you feel welcome every time you come to work. great staff and amazing upper management. Like any other Hilton property.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Helthcare
Fun place to work
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL29 November 2018
Fun place to work. I learned from everybody. Different employee cultures. You need to get to know every of your employees in order to succeed as a supervisor.
Inside the Workplace
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA31 October 2018
Great place to work as a hourly team member. Turn over rate was extremely low, 60% of employees have been there over 9 years. Room for advancement and endless classes to grow within position, advancement, or a lateral move. Management was supportive and all employees were happy to be there, you had a sense of family where everyone cared. Team work was a big part of the culture, and everyone helped out without being asked. HR was big on appreciation, whether it be birthday, anniversary, baby shower, or kicking off a BBQ to the summer season, they showed they cared, and they did it with love.

Managers were over worked and under paid. The expectations were a little far fetched. Expected to work 45-50 hours, yet there was endless improvements, projects and unnecessary paper work trickled down from upper managements "to do list" that kept middle management there over 60 hours a week. An "average" day was about 12 hours, many managers worked 6 days a week, or on days off just to complete their work. Managers worked with integrity to get the job done, but you can see the stress in there eyes, but they always kept a smile and remained positive. Short staffed and had to work many doubles or fill in for an hourly employee.
Pros
free parking, free lunch/dinner, discounts, great health benefits
Cons
upper management lacked structure, lacked communication, long work hours
Ok
Banquet/Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA23 September 2018
Its ok working here. The building is very old which makes it difficult on the staff when a guest experiences maintenance issues which is often. Maintenance works hard but are not allowed enough staff to properly maintain the rooms.
G ood place to work if in the right hands
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL6 September 2018
it's a very good place to work , good standard with team work at it's best, the training is on going and everyone has an input in what happen , the employee program is wonderful for team Members and family , . I enjoy the company style and opportunity for growth.
Pros
world wide company good benefit
Cons
If in the wrong hands or poorly manage it's the opposite of what's it's ment to be
Not the place to work
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX13 June 2018
I really liked working here at first. My F&B director was let go 3 months after I started and they gave position to me for 10,000 less a year. I didn't have the staff to run the place like it should have been.
lack of growth and opportunity
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY4 June 2018
I spent 7 years at doubletree and I got stuck in a position where I couldn't advance anymore. The management positions lay dormat and had to leave to advance my career
Pros
free meals
Cons
lack of growth
Falling Apart
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CA3 May 2018
This Hotel does not represent a Hilton Hotel accurately. Its is poorly kept without the signature guest service the Company is known for. It also has very little room for advancement within this property since the operation is run unrealistically lean.
Change of pace
Supervisor Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI28 March 2018
Still learning company. Much slower pace. Beautiful place and nice benfits. Friendly, staff, less responsiblity and less stress however still has a few challanges in department development.
Management related
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK27 January 2018
Loved my hotel and loved getting to interact with al of the guests that I go to interact with. With my experience, I got to assist in other departments -- Front Office, Banquets, Convention Services, Housekeeping, and my home department of Food & Beverage.
Nice benifits
Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX10 November 2017
Day starts off with checking with staff to review the day before service begins ,then we begin to greet are guest to see if our guest are in need of any changes to their event in my case also checking executive lounge along with the restaurant ,Room service, checking the floor to give support in all areas of Food& beverage areas for our hotel the day continues with giving support to the banquet captain of needed along with giving support to the kitchen we are a small operation so it is very important we all help were needed for our operation to provide the best service for our guest, towards the end of the day meetings to attend once this ends to it all over agin for the pm shift to pre pare for dinner service for all outlets and banquet functions. we do have 2 pre-shifts per day to give general information to the staff to give them information on key groups in house to provide our guest for detail service for are guest over all we have come along way with great leadership from out GM it helps with his support and involvement.
Pros
we do get free lunch
Cons
some time no time to eat

51.5K