DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Front Desk Agent288 reviews
Very busy full service hotel, fast-paced office and customer service environment.
I personally enjoyed the job itself and found it both challenging and engaging. Overall, the management was fine but were not as attentive to subordinate employees as they should have been, which pushed me into doing tasks that were above my position. With that being said, that ended up giving me skills that allowed me to excel where my coworkers did not and gave me an advantage when I sought out a different brand to work for. I will admit that the issues with my management were property-specific and do not define the general functionality or work environment of all DoubleTree hotels.
Safety concerns and lack of support for management
Do Not Work Here!!!!! I was an employee here. I am very good at my job and I have over 6 years worth of customer service and front desk and night auditor position working for various hotels this was one of the worst Hilton properties I have ever worked at management was terrible they do not listen to the concerns of their team safety is non-existent at this hotel I would advise you to either have pocket knife or mace and they refused to have cameras for front desk to secure the safety of others as well as the property Two deaths have happened at this hotel
Great pace to work part time
Loved working here. Not much to complain about except for house keeping. Love the benefits they offer and of course the flexible time schedule to go part time or full time dependent upon you.
Pros
Employee discounted rates
Cons
Hockey weekends
Depends on the property
Hilton is an amazing property to work for. But I recommend avoiding any franchise owned hotel. It's best to work for a hotel OWNED by Hilton. Usually at franchises pay is low, raises are non existent, and turnover rates are extremely high especially at my location.
Be Mindful of Where You Apply
I worked at the DoubleTree in Crystal City for a while and during my time there I gained a lot of knowledge about the hotel business and life as a Guest Service Agent. The position is a great start if you're interested in going into the Hospitality field but I would do your research about the work environment before accepting a position. It was my first experience and was ruined by so many factors. The biggest let down was that the hotel was ran horribly by management. There was so much negative energy and hostility that it made it impossible to work. So many employees were "going along to get along" and I couldn't do it so I left. I know that not all Hiltons run like this so again I'd advise you to ask all of the right questions during your interview and do your research.
Woman do not have a voice - all ehtnic back grounds - language barriers
No respect / lack of communication skills in management/very opinionated and the controller/accounting person is an absolute CREEP
No compassion towards each other. Every one there wants to be in charge but no one takes responsibilities for their actions. Very disappointed that this particular property was able to keep the Hilton signature back up as it is run by men from India and they have no American values
Good company you can have tranfers and great beneficts
Double Tree by Hilton is a great company to work has high standard , I have a great acceptation of my guesses you can check trip advisor or hilton honorthe issue is when hotels are a franchise.
Pros
You can grow, make a carrer
Cons
Franchises are the problems.
Productive and fun place to work for.
A very enjoyable place to work for. Awesome employees and staff at the job site. The guests makes for an interesting experience. Always learning while on the job and having fun.
Working at Doubletree
I've worked at two Doubletrees and had a very bad experience with both locations! My experience was mainly with the Management staff. At one Dounletree the GM loves to micro-manage and the other did not have the ability to Manage (especially with the housekeeping department). Long story short, both places were terrible to work for.
Most of my managers and fellow workers were decent people.
It was a nice place to work, but they gave me too much to do most nights and not enough room to explore my interests: gift shop maintenance and audit process writing. The pay and benefits were nice for my job. I got periodic overtime.
You people there that should not be there
The Doubletree was a nice place to work at first. But poor management is there. From stealing, being fake and the wrong people as manager ,supervisor. I will would say this the Coopers need take a long look into there business 5069 Sanderlin
Their great
The managers and the customers were great. I love my hours. It's a great place to work everyone is always nice. The place and room are very clean. Its wonderful
Fun workplace! Just need to pay a little better.
I loved working for this company. They always made sure I had everything I needed when I was pregnant. Always made sure the times were ok with me before scheduling me for a shift. My only issue was that they do not offer benefits other than a discount on hotel rooms and the pay was pretty low for being such a high-end hotel.
Pros
Free lunch, caring owners and staff.
Cons
No medical benefits and low pay.
Work
It was typical work. Management was horrible and constantly changing. Many promised promotions that never came to just about everyone. Owners refuse to make actual upgrades to the rooms.
Exceptional staff
Great training and industry standards
Very professional management with exceptional support

Very inclusive and diverse staff

Wide range of clientele

Hampered by age of property
Productive and fun work environment.
Checked guests into the hotel and out of the hotel. The guests experience is the most important aspect of the job. If a guest was not happy with their experience, my team and I would make the stay right for the guest.
Hard work does not always pay off
Hard work does not always pay off. I was with this company for a little over a year I was very dedicated and I loved working there. The staff seemed friendly including management, but soon after a year finding out that it was all a lie. Shortly after getting a new GM and front desk manager who would brag about firing people from her last job. I would not recommend working here unless you do not mind the favoritism over certain employees and poor management skills
Na
This job is very flexible with a scheduling, and you get great benefits from being a part of Hilton (discounted rooms for travel). Management gives you no support, and blames front desk for everything. It's very hard and some days I left crying because I was in appreciated and not compensated for the work I did. You are left as manager on duty alone multiple times and are not paid for it
I would not recommend
The property is ran poorly, unprofessional, and doesn’t pay well. I was promised a raise and promotion but failed to receive either. There is a major lack in communication and they constantly hire people while cutting existing staff hours.
Being Compassionate
I Enjoy Customer Service and Being a Leader and a Mentor, Having Knowledge of your Daily Duties, Brings Success. Working for Double Tree was A Great Experience, The Company changed Ownership 3 times within the 4 years ,
Loved working there
Should have definitely not left. The one in Atlantic Beach had an amazing staff and the GM was awesome. I should have never left! Room for growth and advancement. The staff was amazing and collaborative.
1.6K