DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 264 reviews matching the search See all 3,846 reviews
My overall 1 year experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS14 October 2019
I had horrible job working there at the front desk. Every manager kept on getting fired. Putting major stress on some. Singling out the only few males who worked there which the treatment was horrible and wrong. And no above hr or assistant gen man helped out with any of it. No true training. Lots of gossiping girls. Many who got power hungry, were inexperienced immature when they would get promoted. Picked on others made their own rules. Its was awful.
This location in Particular was clean on the outside
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ10 October 2019
I would typically arrive to work during anytime of the day because my scheduled hours wasn’t consistent. I worked mostly what ever shift I was assigned. Never again will I apply somewhere like this place where I’m given undesirable hours. On a good day I enjoyed the food at the hotel. The cookies was great! However management wasn’t as good. Co-workers were racist and always in your business.
Terrible Management
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH12 September 2019
Typical hotel experience, full of drama and everyone is sleeping with everyone. Very disrespectful managers. Hotel is dirty and the housekeeping make your job extremely hard
Bad place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL8 September 2019
Horrible place to work, management have no idea what they are doing, always busy always understaff , you’ll always see job opening because ppl only work there couple months. Bad place to work you’ll get super stressed for sure
Doubletree
Front Desk Clerk/ Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH7 September 2019
The Front Desk Manager has a tendency to reprimand employees in front of guests and coworkers. She tends to be very rude at times and makes you fee uncomfortable. Everyone else is really nice and is really pleasant. Can be very demanding at times.
Front desk agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA4 September 2019
Working at DoubleTree by Hilton was a great experience. I love the management and the customers I privilege to serve. There was always room for advancement.
Great Experience
Guest Service Representative/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Downtown Chattanooga, TN19 August 2019
Loved working there. Management was great. Git to try my hand at several new opportunities in the different departments if the hotel. The clientele was amazing!
Worse job ever
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  3431 Sidney Simmons Blvd16 August 2019
I've worked at hotels before but this is by far the most stressful, depressing job I've ever done. The staff is horrible on how they treat employees. I would literally just change moods when I got to work because all my coworkers were a headache to work with. When you need help or just go to management for answers it's pointless. You will work all Holiday's!
Extremly stressful place to work!
Front desk attendant/Night Aduiter (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OH14 August 2019
They will give you zero training and just leave you there alone to figure it out yourself. Managment is extremely unprofessional. And they'll let anyone work there half the staff literally lives at the hotel.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No breaks, no advancment oppurtunities.
Nice place to work
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY22 July 2019
I worked here alongside going to college full time. It was nice to be able to study on the computer in my downtime in between taking care of guests requests.
a fun and amazing work environment with so much interesting people
Employee - Guest Services Assistant Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA18 July 2019
The place taught me so many things and everyone treated me like a family. I love this company, my experience with everyone was epic and I will never forget everyone's kindness.
Change entire management
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL14 July 2019
Management treats employees like kids Regional manager does not care o raises no bonuses insurance pays hardly nothing no advancement NO STRUCTURE PERIOD... Corporate has no idea of how the hotel is being ran and how the employees are being treated because the regional manager NEVER reports anything... and he is ve
Pros
There are no pros norhing good about
Cons
Poor management
Terrible!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY10 July 2019
Management makes their own rules.
Kichen is unsanitary. The make it right rule.. Will never apply. They will find a loop hole. I will never work for this company again.
Worked with great people
Guest Service/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL29 June 2019
Amazing staff through and through. If it wasn't for the commute, im sure i would still be there. You cant find a better front office manager anywhere else
The DoubleTree is a great place to work with great people.
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL14 June 2019
On the other hand they have their really low, lows and some high seasons. So you really have to love working in the hospitality industry and be willing to adjust to constant change and growth.
Great place
Front Desk/ Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL9 June 2019
This is a great company to work for and I am glad I got the experience to work in hospitality I would recommend to anyone to have Hospitality experience.
Culture here is not in place nor do they practice fair company standards
Front Desk Agent/ PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Newark, CA5 June 2019
I loved what I did coming from a different hotel expecting the same culture to be intact since it's the same company but different location. But I was wrong!
Pros
Accommodating work schedule
Cons
No team work, lack of communication, management one way
Started Great
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OH4 June 2019
Working here made me question weather or not I was a good manager but when it comes down to it, the Management company was the reason. Still Team Hilton!
Productive workplace with great benefits
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN31 May 2019
Very professional people, great hours and pay, fun place to work and interact with people from in and out the city. Very flexible hours, always very respectable guests
It's an ok place to work at
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN24 May 2019
I've worked at the double tree by Hilton for a little over a year now. I have yet to see any signs of moving up in the company or a raise. I wouldn't recommend working here if you are looking to actually move up in a company.

51.4K