DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 273 reviews matching the search See all 4,015 reviews
Productive and fun work environment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Park City, UT5 December 2019
Checked guests into the hotel and out of the hotel. The guests experience is the most important aspect of the job. If a guest was not happy with their experience, my team and I would make the stay right for the guest.
Hard work does not always pay off
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX2 December 2019
Hard work does not always pay off. I was with this company for a little over a year I was very dedicated and I loved working there. The staff seemed friendly including management, but soon after a year finding out that it was all a lie. Shortly after getting a new GM and front desk manager who would brag about firing people from her last job. I would not recommend working here unless you do not mind the favoritism over certain employees and poor management skills
Na
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA29 November 2019
This job is very flexible with a scheduling, and you get great benefits from being a part of Hilton (discounted rooms for travel). Management gives you no support, and blames front desk for everything. It's very hard and some days I left crying because I was in appreciated and not compensated for the work I did. You are left as manager on duty alone multiple times and are not paid for it
I would not recommend
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GA21 November 2019
The property is ran poorly, unprofessional, and doesn’t pay well. I was promised a raise and promotion but failed to receive either. There is a major lack in communication and they constantly hire people while cutting existing staff hours.
Loved working there
Gift Shop Attendant/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, NC17 November 2019
Should have definitely not left. The one in Atlantic Beach had an amazing staff and the GM was awesome. I should have never left! Room for growth and advancement. The staff was amazing and collaborative.
Don’t waste your time
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Westport7 November 2019
Don’t waste your time other hotels better pay and better management. I worked front desk for or over a year... horrible turnover for a reason front office complete mess
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Incompetent management
fun and productive
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO22 October 2019
I was lucky to land on my first front desk position here. The staff is close and amazing. Everyone was fairly lenient and helpful. One of my favorite jobs.
Easy job with opportunity for advancement
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  601 Walnut Evansville, IN16 October 2019
Working at the Double Tree is fun and fast paced. The environment is always going and fun. There's always something different going around and you never get bored.
My overall 1 year experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS14 October 2019
I had horrible job working there at the front desk. Every manager kept on getting fired. Putting major stress on some. Singling out the only few males who worked there which the treatment was horrible and wrong. And no above hr or assistant gen man helped out with any of it. No true training. Lots of gossiping girls. Many who got power hungry, were inexperienced immature when they would get promoted. Picked on others made their own rules. Its was awful.
This location in Particular was clean on the outside
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ10 October 2019
I would typically arrive to work during anytime of the day because my scheduled hours wasn’t consistent. I worked mostly what ever shift I was assigned. Never again will I apply somewhere like this place where I’m given undesirable hours. On a good day I enjoyed the food at the hotel. The cookies was great! However management wasn’t as good. Co-workers were racist and always in your business.
Gain tons of customer service experience and get to meet plenty of people from around the world.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJ30 September 2019
A typical day at work would usually consist of 140-160 check-ins apart from group check-in or events. Due to the location, it would get busy in a matter of minutes due to flight cancellations and events hosted nearby. Good for people with flexible availability since the schedules are never really set.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on hotels
Cons
Very Busy, Agents have a lot on their plate
Terrible Management
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH12 September 2019
Typical hotel experience, full of drama and everyone is sleeping with everyone. Very disrespectful managers. Hotel is dirty and the housekeeping make your job extremely hard
Bad place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL8 September 2019
Horrible place to work, management have no idea what they are doing, always busy always understaff , you’ll always see job opening because ppl only work there couple months. Bad place to work you’ll get super stressed for sure
Doubletree
Front Desk Clerk/ Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH7 September 2019
The Front Desk Manager has a tendency to reprimand employees in front of guests and coworkers. She tends to be very rude at times and makes you fee uncomfortable. Everyone else is really nice and is really pleasant. Can be very demanding at times.
Front desk agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA4 September 2019
Working at DoubleTree by Hilton was a great experience. I love the management and the customers I privilege to serve. There was always room for advancement.
Great Experience
Guest Service Representative/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Downtown Chattanooga, TN19 August 2019
Loved working there. Management was great. Git to try my hand at several new opportunities in the different departments if the hotel. The clientele was amazing!
Worse job ever
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  3431 Sidney Simmons Blvd16 August 2019
I've worked at hotels before but this is by far the most stressful, depressing job I've ever done. The staff is horrible on how they treat employees. I would literally just change moods when I got to work because all my coworkers were a headache to work with. When you need help or just go to management for answers it's pointless. You will work all Holiday's!
Extremly stressful place to work!
Front desk attendant/Night Aduiter (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OH14 August 2019
They will give you zero training and just leave you there alone to figure it out yourself. Managment is extremely unprofessional. And they'll let anyone work there half the staff literally lives at the hotel.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No breaks, no advancment oppurtunities.
Nice place to work
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY22 July 2019
I worked here alongside going to college full time. It was nice to be able to study on the computer in my downtime in between taking care of guests requests.
a fun and amazing work environment with so much interesting people
Employee - Guest Services Assistant Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA18 July 2019
The place taught me so many things and everyone treated me like a family. I love this company, my experience with everyone was epic and I will never forget everyone's kindness.

51.5K