DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

The good thing about working at the Doubletree are the cookies and getting to know the your staff and all the different personalities. The bad thing about working for the Doubletree is that it puts wear and tear on you mentally and physically whether it’s a customer or coworker. You try to make the best out of each day but on some days it can be very leary at times.
Pros
Because we had a restaurant on site the pros were that we were able to have breakfast and dinner
Cons
Being on your feet the entire shift without a a break. You have to eat, drink, go the restroom in between customers
- favoritism when it comes to schedule- if you’re not a regular employee (I was an intern), they give you an ugly schedule (based on experience)- they promote managers that doesn’t even have any idea how to operate front desk- low pay
Hospitality can be pretty stressful, but if you have a good team it can be very rewarding and that makes the day go by easier. Of all the hotels I've worked for, I enjoyed working for Hilton the most.
The cookies are amazing, everyone was treated as family, was celebrated and never tolerated. And, I felt that if I did not move away? My time there, would have been much longer!
Pros
Free food, Discount rooms, No drama and great management
Cons
Great environment Good managers Great teamwork I love the cookies You’re like family and everyone is there with an open arm. Right by the beach (my location)
It is good entry level job in hospitality. But not much room for growth due to favoritism. Team members who started after you get to learn and move up within because of being friends with the managers outside work.
Not much professionalism with management. There is not much of a work life/ personal life balance but I guess that is typical in hospitality. I definitely learned a lot while working here.
Entertaining work environment. When I worked at the front desk and in banquet services. the hardest part of the job was fixing problems for upset guests.
Pros
1 free meal per shift
Cons
no job security because I was new
Do Not Work Here!!!!! I was an employee here. I am very good at my job and I have over 6 years worth of customer service and front desk and night auditor position working for various hotels this was one of the worst Hilton properties I have ever worked at management was terrible they do not listen to the concerns of their team safety is non-existent at this hotel I would advise you to either have pocket knife or mace and they refused to have cameras for front desk to secure the safety of others as well as the property Two deaths have happened at this hotel
I personally enjoyed the job itself and found it both challenging and engaging. Overall, the management was fine but were not as attentive to subordinate employees as they should have been, which pushed me into doing tasks that were above my position. With that being said, that ended up giving me skills that allowed me to excel where my coworkers did not and gave me an advantage when I sought out a different brand to work for. I will admit that the issues with my management were property-specific and do not define the general functionality or work environment of all DoubleTree hotels.
Loved working here. Not much to complain about except for house keeping. Love the benefits they offer and of course the flexible time schedule to go part time or full time dependent upon you.
Pros
Employee discounted rates
Cons
Hockey weekends
Hilton is an amazing property to work for. But I recommend avoiding any franchise owned hotel. It's best to work for a hotel OWNED by Hilton. Usually at franchises pay is low, raises are non existent, and turnover rates are extremely high especially at my location.
I worked at the DoubleTree in Crystal City for a while and during my time there I gained a lot of knowledge about the hotel business and life as a Guest Service Agent. The position is a great start if you're interested in going into the Hospitality field but I would do your research about the work environment before accepting a position. It was my first experience and was ruined by so many factors. The biggest let down was that the hotel was ran horribly by management. There was so much negative energy and hostility that it made it impossible to work. So many employees were "going along to get along" and I couldn't do it so I left. I know that not all Hiltons run like this so again I'd advise you to ask all of the right questions during your interview and do your research.
Double Tree by Hilton is a great company to work has high standard , I have a great acceptation of my guesses you can check trip advisor or hilton honorthe issue is when hotels are a franchise.
Pros
You can grow, make a carrer
Cons
Franchises are the problems.
A very enjoyable place to work for. Awesome employees and staff at the job site. The guests makes for an interesting experience. Always learning while on the job and having fun.
I've worked at two Doubletrees and had a very bad experience with both locations! My experience was mainly with the Management staff. At one Dounletree the GM loves to micro-manage and the other did not have the ability to Manage (especially with the housekeeping department). Long story short, both places were terrible to work for.
It was a nice place to work, but they gave me too much to do most nights and not enough room to explore my interests: gift shop maintenance and audit process writing. The pay and benefits were nice for my job. I got periodic overtime.
The Doubletree was a nice place to work at first. But poor management is there. From stealing, being fake and the wrong people as manager ,supervisor. I will would say this the Coopers need take a long look into there business 5069 Sanderlin
The managers and the customers were great. I love my hours. It's a great place to work everyone is always nice. The place and room are very clean. Its wonderful
I loved working for this company. They always made sure I had everything I needed when I was pregnant. Always made sure the times were ok with me before scheduling me for a shift. My only issue was that they do not offer benefits other than a discount on hotel rooms and the pay was pretty low for being such a high-end hotel.
Pros
Free lunch, caring owners and staff.
Cons
No medical benefits and low pay.
It was typical work. Management was horrible and constantly changing. Many promised promotions that never came to just about everyone. Owners refuse to make actual upgrades to the rooms.