DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Manager

Front Desk Manager113 reviews
Great work environment very structured and excellent customer service from all departments. Friendly environment alway encourage each other to work together amazing team work group of individuals.
The corporate management company (not Hilton; independently owned) was terrible. They did not pay their bills reliably, which meant not only did our utilities nearly get cut off on several occasions, but we were frequently cut off from suppliers. The harder the hotel management worked to try to overcome these difficulties, the more hurdles were thrown our way. Several managers were threatened with the loss of their job if they were unable to meet unreasonable deadlines for huge turnarounds, much of which was caused by the management company originally. I would never work there again.
Good and efficient staff and management. My fist job , after college and i must say its been worth it. Thanks to management and my team mates , i love to come to wok every other day.
I do not use the term "unhealthy work environment" lightly, but the year I spent working in a DoubleTree by Hilton franchise managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts was the worst year of my 35+ year career in hospitality. I would never even consider working for this abusive, unprofessional, sleazy company again.
The GM is great. Every other manager below him is bad news bears. Very immature, very obvious they are being protective of their jobs and therefore lying and creating schemes for their benefit and unless your are best friends with them outside of work, they treat you like dirt. Very poor follow through and the treatment of good, hardworking employees is trashed while employees who have the energy and nasty character to compete in what I now call the hunger games are treasured and put on a pedestal. The pay is attractive, higher than most Hotels in Albuquerque and you get to meet ALOT of famous people and they do provide 1 free meal a day, but I was there for 6 months and IT IS NOT WORTH IT! The hotel is under new ownership so there is hope for improvement and it was good experience gained with a high paced hotel heavy on arrivals and convention services.
Pros
Free lunch, high pay, meet famous people
Cons
bad management, bad coworkers
Great place to work that helps you achieve your goals and move up through the ranks with a prestigious name behind it. Learn the different in's and out's of the hospitality industry at one of the best resorts in Scottsdale.
Management is flexible with schedules to work around family life. This a family friendly environment. There is some opportunity for advancement. Management shows appreciation to employees.
Awesome place to work. The staff is small so it has a family type feel. The pay is ok but the benefits and extra compensations make up for it. Hotel is conveniently located near the major highways so it's an easy commute.
In my opinion, I have worked in Hilton chains all over and learned it is a great place. However, for me, my location wasn't the best. I wasn't appreciated for the work I gave. My ideas were bypassed without a thought.
I have worked at Double tree By Hilton Sonoma Wine Country for about 4 years now and it really is just a terrific place to work, the culture is so positive and encouraging, resources are provided to give everyone an opportunity to advance and explore other areas of hospitality, the people at this place are not like any I have ever met on a job, they are all so encouraging of one another and care about us and
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Its a good place to work and is good experience if you just getting in to the hotel and hospitality work environment. They do like to over work sometimes
It used to be a nice uplifting place to work, where management and team members work well together, When the new front office manager took over it became disorganized. The new front office manager became Director of operations within a month effortless even he has not even displayed good leadership, good work ethic and most of the time are the one making mistakes and failed to take ownership. Poor management, likes to micromanage either do it his way or no way.
Awesome location, tucked nicely in Brisbane- semi isloated. Great airport hotel option.

Skeleton crew, which offered opportunity to work beyond assigned duties.
Working in Hospitality is not the easy job everyone assumes. It is a very fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts. Multi-tasking is key, and you cannot take it personally when a guest is yelling at you about an issue they had. You are the face of the hotel, and even if what concerns them has nothing to do with you, you must maintain a professional demeanor and respond accordingly so that the guest feels as though you are doing everything possible to take care of them.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Became/Learnt being
• Adaptable, Flexible, team player and ability to work dynamically with others.

• Dedicated, Detail oriented, Respectful Instrumentation Professional and Self-learner, Committed and focused sharp problem solver.

• Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution.

• Well versed in identifying customer needs and providing expert advice on selling products.
To be involved with any Hilton property is an amazing opportunity and on top of that they really make it feel like home to work for them but also pride themselves on making sure that the environment is a great one for the employee's and the guest's that travel to the location. I Love it here.
On average you check in 80 to 110 rooms in a day. One person working the desk. The phone also will ring of the hook. Its fast paced and can be very stressful. I love my job when I actually have enough help at the desk. Meeting new people and conversing with them and making sure their stay is optimal is what I like doing. But when you do not have the help needed you cannot assure that all is done correct and all guests are happy.
A work place that is easy to work for. Good salary and many opportunities to improve your skills in every field of the property. So far I have worked for 2 seperate doubletrees.
Opportunity to work in a multicultural environment. A cozy workplace with excellent peers and superiors, all so supportive.

The location is excellent and easily accessible from all over. Very close to The Mall of Emirates.
Pros
Meals and discounts while travelling
Cons
Long & odd working hours
A typical day started with check outs of all guest. i learned a lot about wine and the wine country. I didn't think the hotel was managed well and there was a lot of miscommunication with schedules and time off. Some of the people were awesome and had a great team attitude. The hardest part of the job making a disgruntle guest happy. The best part of the job was free lunch and breakfast every day and great travel discount rates for hotel rooms.
Pros
Free meals during your shift
Cons
High stressful due to poor managment skills
DoubleTree by Hilton makes you feel like in a very welcoming family for us as a staff and also for our guests.We do not have a typical day of work us each day is different and challenging.I believe that do not exist a hardest part of the job if you like what you do ,the trick is to be confident in yourself and mindset that you have time to sorted everything.It's an amazing experience to work with people from all over the world ,you learn traditions , cultures , cuisines and etiquette.The most enjoyable part of the job is how we build the connections between people .
1.6K