DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Manager

Found 101 reviews matching the search See all 3,932 reviews
Busy Days and Stressful Situations
Front Desk Supervisor/Backup Audit (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL4 September 2019
Working in Hospitality is not the easy job everyone assumes. It is a very fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts. Multi-tasking is key, and you cannot take it personally when a guest is yelling at you about an issue they had. You are the face of the hotel, and even if what concerns them has nothing to do with you, you must maintain a professional demeanor and respond accordingly so that the guest feels as though you are doing everything possible to take care of them.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Productive and Fun workplace
FRONT DESK ATTENDENT/FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, Gujarat1 September 2019
Became/Learnt being
• Adaptable, Flexible, team player and ability to work dynamically with others.
• Dedicated, Detail oriented, Respectful Instrumentation Professional and Self-learner, Committed and focused sharp problem solver.
• Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution.
• Well versed in identifying customer needs and providing expert advice on selling products.
Overall amazing place
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX25 August 2019
To be involved with any Hilton property is an amazing opportunity and on top of that they really make it feel like home to work for them but also pride themselves on making sure that the environment is a great one for the employee's and the guest's that travel to the location. I Love it here.
fast paced and very stressful with not nearly enough help when needed
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Township of Moon, PA5 August 2019
On average you check in 80 to 110 rooms in a day. One person working the desk. The phone also will ring of the hook. Its fast paced and can be very stressful. I love my job when I actually have enough help at the desk. Meeting new people and conversing with them and making sure their stay is optimal is what I like doing. But when you do not have the help needed you cannot assure that all is done correct and all guests are happy.
Front Office Agent - Mod - Acting F.O.M (Current Employee) –  istanbul3 August 2019
A work place that is easy to work for. Good salary and many opportunities to improve your skills in every field of the property. So far I have worked for 2 seperate doubletrees.
Excellent work place
Front Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Dubai17 July 2019
Opportunity to work in a multicultural environment. A cozy workplace with excellent peers and superiors, all so supportive.

The location is excellent and easily accessible from all over. Very close to The Mall of Emirates.
Pros
Meals and discounts while travelling
Cons
Long & odd working hours
Rewarding place to work
Front desk/Reservations manager (Former Employee) –  Sonoma County, CA20 June 2019
A typical day started with check outs of all guest. i learned a lot about wine and the wine country. I didn't think the hotel was managed well and there was a lot of miscommunication with schedules and time off. Some of the people were awesome and had a great team attitude. The hardest part of the job making a disgruntle guest happy. The best part of the job was free lunch and breakfast every day and great travel discount rates for hotel rooms.
Pros
Free meals during your shift
Cons
High stressful due to poor managment skills
Environment very nice
SENIOR FRONT OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  London9 May 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton makes you feel like in a very welcoming family for us as a staff and also for our guests.We do not have a typical day of work us each day is different and challenging.I believe that do not exist a hardest part of the job if you like what you do ,the trick is to be confident in yourself and mindset that you have time to sorted everything.It's an amazing experience to work with people from all over the world ,you learn traditions , cultures , cuisines and etiquette.The most enjoyable part of the job is how we build the connections between people .
Terrible
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY8 May 2019
The HR manager was manipulative and rude. The General Manager was incompetent. The priorities of the property were to be best friends (coffee buddies), instead of holding people responsible for poor behavior/ customer service/ attitude. One of the most poorly run hotels I've had the displeasure of working at. The housekeeping manager doesn't know how to manage, she is incredibly rude. Not only does she not manage her staff sufficiently, she takes absolutely no responsibility for her departments short comings. The pay is a joke as well, considering you have to take care of every other department too. Good luck.
Pros
The guests
Cons
Management, pay, attitudes, no ownership, incompetence
DoubleTree by Hilton, Mahwah, Nj
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJ21 February 2019
It is been 5+ years since working for Doubletree, Just realize DoubleTree by Hilton in Mahwah, NJ is manged by a management company called Hospitality Ventures & not Hilton. These rating are for Doubletree as whole and not Doubletree by Hilton in Mahwah, NJ.The lack of care and support was none. They will overwork you and trying to get vacation is pulling teeth. DoubleTree in General is a good chain. Yes I owe working this industry for my professional growth. Although, toward the end I was miserable and burnt out.Could not rely on upper management and most people I worked with were always complaining. This industry in general is awful pay for what you do and no work to family balance. It has been numerous years since I worked for this Management company Hospitality Ventures, thing might of changed.
Pros
Hilton Travel Benefits
Cons
To many to list
Loved it
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX5 February 2019
Going to Doubletree was the best opportunity for me I started as a front desk agent ended as a supervisor in less thana year that was possible there is room for growth there
i dont like it
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MD15 January 2019
I learned to navigate the system. Manangement was poor. The hardest part of my job was getting the employees to come to work on their scheduled shifts.
Pros
free lunch
Good working place with great career opportunities
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minsk5 January 2019
Amazing hotel, professional staff and management. We had corporate parties, celebrated our B-days, supported each other and helped a newcomers to be a part of our team. We had different trainings. But as i had to relocate i had to leave this hob. Hope i’ll find a jod with the same friendly atmosphere.
Family Team
Front Office Supervisor then Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FL19 December 2018
The Team works as a family. All together. I learned how to be able to help other departments, and I learned how to adapt easily to changes. The key is to stay positive and keep the excellent service provided over the years.
Great co-workers
NIGHT AUDITOR to FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA6 December 2018
Management very self absorbed. Lack of consideration to employees. Loved my co-workers as a team. Teamwork and work relationships excellent. local
Pros
teamwork and coworkers
Cons
upper management inconsiderate
Okay
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC15 November 2018
Enough to get by but not upper mobility. I think management needs to be looked and not hire their friends.
NO benefits, and also they will booth you when all there vacations have been taken, so they will USE you until they need you no more.
my experience at double tree is great and productive
#Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GA8 November 2018
my experience at double tree is great and productive, very conducive environment, and wonderful management system and friendly atmosphere very hospitable
Awesome place to work to get into hospitality
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO15 October 2018
While dealing with the customers is hard, there is a lot of support here and awesome opportunities to learn about the industry and grow. Management is the best I have ever experienced in my 13 years of working.
Create company to work for
Front desk supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pikesville Maryland27 September 2018
The double tree was always very clean with very pleasant workers they put out fresh cookies with chocolate chips in them and also nuts Nuts that the guest loved
Pros
Free dinner
Hard job with little thanks
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH14 September 2018
Managing the front desk is probably the hardest job, because your employees are the face of the hotel. If your employees don't give a good first impression its hard to gain that trust back during the guests stay. I worked many many night shifts and stayed many nights at the hotel so I could work the early morning shift. Its a hard family/work balance when you are the front dest manager.

51.4K