DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for General Manager

General Manager14 reviews
Great guest, enjoyed the people I worked with. Hotel clean and small. Culture nice, service oriented. Lots of tenure employees. Mostly corporate clients.
Beautiful property, great associates, and fantastic ownership .
Though lil old, but old is gold fits this organization.

Fully compliant to brand standards. Beautiful layout and lovely restautrant on top floor.
great working team atmosphere and respect for one another. Ownership needs to become more involved with the property needs to update in order to remain competitive in a market where several new competing Hotels have come on board.
Company stuck to pro forma that was not realistic. I was able to makes changes to staff and culture and produce good results. The company was supportive in most cases but despite fantastic results the hotel did not make the pro forma and that was all that mattered.
Benefits
Cons
Support
Working for Doubletree was a great experience and helped me grow in my career as I converted the hotel from a Marriott to a Doubletree as it was great experience.
Pros
People, Postive Culture
Cons
Limited advancement due to management company
constant turnover in management. keep looking this is not the place to be if you want to advance in any company. They do not follow brand standards do not do it
Being a newly opened hotel, it is a great and challenging place to work. The team is new, growing and developing and that makes it a very rewarding experience. The location is a new developing area, which has great opportunities but very challenging, as the business rump up is a lot slower than expect. The company is very supportive and has empowered me to develop and drive my hotel. I try to instill a constructive, empowering and positive work style with high levels of ownership and integrity. Developing my team and high potential team members is one of the high lights of my role, as well as managing the business to break even and turn the hotel profitable
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Location - Challenging business envirinment
Working for Hilton was a true privilege, they truly care about their team members. I would encourage anyone to work for the company as they have outstanding and engaging leadership that truly care!
Regal Hospitality was by far the worst ownership company I ever worked for. Everything I was told at the interview was a lie. I asked direct questions about staffing and was told the staff was solid. The hotel was severely understaffed and could barely cover all shifts without managers working 16 hour days. I asked if they paid their bills and was told yes they always pay their bills. I was hired to find many bills were 90 or 120 days late. When I asked accounting I was told to tell them they have to wait until busier months and that we had to wait for service, they can wait for payment. Support from corporate level was non-existent. They say let me know what you need but when I asked my Director of Operations to place a simple help wanted ad I was told "you have a credit card, place the ad". Thanks for the help! When I finally had enough and turned in my resignation and 2 weeks notice my Corporate Director of Operations would not even return my emails or phone calls. The Owner came down the following Monday and walked me. When asked about severance pay for my 2 week notice or vacation time I was told by the Owner to talk to my Corporate Director of Operations who would not return phone calls or emails. Needless to say I was not paid either. When I did arrive to pick up my final check I was told the Owner had it and I would have to come back later despite the fact everyone else's check was there. Real professional.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Poor leadership from corporate
DoubleTree is a fast paced place to work.

Co-workers are great and we are all like family

Challenged with the oil boom and finding staff.

I enjoy making it right for our customers and having a close relationship with our team.
TPG Hotels & Resorts is a national operator of hotels across the chain scale from focused service hotels, lifestyle and resorts, to upper upscale Hotels. They have evolved over three decades as an Owner/Operator and are therefore uniquely qualified to approach hotel management from the owner’s perspective while all the time taking good care of their primary asset, their employees. Whether they operated as investor or straight third party operator, they always operate on behalf of their capital partners and as entrusted stewards of the hotel assets that they operate. The executive team is made up of a wide variety of hospitality professionals with years of experience and they were very supportive to me during my years spent with them. I learned a great deal during that time and could always count on the support I needed.
Great hotel with amazing employees. The hotel is updated and has an amazing feel for anyone who has not seen it. The ownership is amazing and it will give any other hotel a run for their money.
Lots to do with completion of new tower including guest rooms, new registration area, new ballroom, new lobby and new lounge. Challenging to meet all of Hilton requirements while operating the hotel during the addition. Also somewhat challenging to meet all of the City of Rosemead requirements.
Pros
Exciting challenges while putting a new face on the hotel.
Cons
Obtaining city approvals that were not all done prior to the renovation.
Building from scratch a new hotel and team is a fascinating and extremely rewarding experience. Managing multiple stakeholders, balancing different interests, working within tight deadlines, being flexible to changes, managing expectations and budgets are a few of the interesting aspects of the job. A new experience with a steep learning curve (at times), its a very rewarding opportunity, one that tests multiple aspects of a manager's ability