DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Group Manager

Group Manager11 reviews
It's a great place to work and for leisure! I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to expand their career in the hospitality industry. My advice would be to learn all you can to be the best employee you can be.
This company is one of the biggest names in the business for a reason. You can go far in a short amount of time it you show you have the drive. Get a mentor if you can and work closely with them when possible and learn as much as you can so when a position becomes available you will have the knowledge and skill to make a smooth transition.
Pros
Company values are excellent
Cons
Competition is something to pay attention to here.
I believe having integrity is important in a work place. This place had none, they micromanage, gossip talking about other employees. Management had favorites if you didn’t fit there personal mold they would accuse/write up for what you had absolutely nothing to do with. Others were allow to discriminate against you with false claims. I Worked in hostile work environment. Was a horrific experience in all the years of my career. The management team who mangenage this hotel is the worst group of individual I have ever had to work with. I had to placed a retraining order on a co worker, this individual was let go however only because he harassed the HR Director family member who worked there.
Most Horrific experience of my lifetime! No advancement within the company, General Managers & Director of Sales they only have a certain type of person working in these positions! I was hired my my position because they assumed I spoke Spanish based on my looks!
It’s a family and you’re taken care of.
The department/team I initially joined was very small and close. I either had to subscribe to their thoughts and ideas or put up with constant millennials/ mean girl gossip. Luckily about a year into the job the team turned over and the environment completely changed. Point being... the company can be awesome and have great benefits. But at the end of the day if you’re surrounded by negativity, people who don’t respect others you’re kinda stuck. I’m glad I waited it out and got through it because I did learn how to deal with a dynamic of professional people I know will be eventually be overcoming the workforce.
Typical day is stressful. It has a lot to do with your upper management. DOS takes credit for your hard work. Meetings made you feel worthless all efforts go unknowledged.
This can be a great place to work if management would staff departments correctly and be more strict on employees. I have built some close relationships with some of my past managers and personally grown so much as a person since I started here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not sure at this time
After almost 5 years at my current job, my family suffers from not seeing me on the weekends and most nights. Ready for a change. Bonuses were very slim. When achieving 163% of my Goal, I received a minimal bonus and was never told Great Job and never was shown any type of compensation for working so many hours on the weekend.
Pros
Loved my boss. Learned alot and will always have respect
Cons
70+ hours a week. No compensation or recognition
The Doubletree by Hilton by Seaworld is an amazing team to be apart of everyone is really caring and goes the extra mile of welcoming newcomers. Management is very supportive on each individuals success.
Great place to work, and management company is one of the best.
This property provides an environment in which staff members are able to develop skills and succeed.
Lancaster DoubleTree is a very nice hotel. Several employees have been there for several years. Employees can get perks since Hilton Hotel.
Pros
Nice Facility
Cons
No matching 401K
Professional and fun working environment. Friendly co-workers in every department.