DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Group Manager

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 4,197 reviews
The hardest part of the job
Group Sales Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ6 February 2020
I believe having integrity is important in a work place. This place had none, they micromanage, gossip talking about other employees. Management had favorites if you didn’t fit there personal mold they would accuse/write up for what you had absolutely nothing to do with. Others were allow to discriminate against you with false claims. I Worked in hostile work environment. Was a horrific experience in all the years of my career. The management team who mangenage this hotel is the worst group of individual I have ever had to work with. I had to placed a retraining order on a co worker, this individual was let go however only because he harassed the HR Director family member who worked there.
Most Horrific experience of my lifetime! No advancement within the company, General Managers & Director of Sales they only have a certain type of person working in these positions! I was hired my my position because they assumed I spoke Spanish based on my looks!
Awesome experience
Group Tour & Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC13 August 2019
It’s a family and you’re taken care of.
The department/team I initially joined was very small and close. I either had to subscribe to their thoughts and ideas or put up with constant millennials/ mean girl gossip. Luckily about a year into the job the team turned over and the environment completely changed. Point being... the company can be awesome and have great benefits. But at the end of the day if you’re surrounded by negativity, people who don’t respect others you’re kinda stuck. I’m glad I waited it out and got through it because I did learn how to deal with a dynamic of professional people I know will be eventually be overcoming the workforce.
Stressful at times
Group Rooms Coordinator, Sales Department (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH25 May 2017
This can be a great place to work if management would staff departments correctly and be more strict on employees. I have built some close relationships with some of my past managers and personally grown so much as a person since I started here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not sure at this time
Ready for a change
Group Sales and Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR24 February 2017
After almost 5 years at my current job, my family suffers from not seeing me on the weekends and most nights. Ready for a change. Bonuses were very slim. When achieving 163% of my Goal, I received a minimal bonus and was never told Great Job and never was shown any type of compensation for working so many hours on the weekend.
Pros
Loved my boss. Learned alot and will always have respect
Cons
70+ hours a week. No compensation or recognition
Amazing team to be apart of..
Rooms Controller/ Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL20 July 2016
The Doubletree by Hilton by Seaworld is an amazing team to be apart of everyone is really caring and goes the extra mile of welcoming newcomers. Management is very supportive on each individuals success.
Great Place to Work
Group Sales Manager/Director of Sales Interim (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD15 April 2015
Great place to work, and management company is one of the best.
This property provides an environment in which staff members are able to develop skills and succeed.
Nice hotel
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PA1 October 2014
Lancaster DoubleTree is a very nice hotel. Several employees have been there for several years. Employees can get perks since Hilton Hotel.
Pros
Nice Facility
Cons
No matching 401K
A place where each team member has an opportunity to be successful
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CA18 June 2013
Professional and fun working environment. Friendly co-workers in every department.