DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

busy,hard working,was very good
job was great
busy

I got more expernices, learn a lot about hospitalty

was very good wish i did stay more
Great Work
Great work environment. Great people. Great management system. They take care of the employees. Also satisfying guest no matter what the circumstances are,
I’m not r
It was a very bad experience, bad management. They will never appreciate your efforts specially FO as its always busy, crowded, people are screaming and there is no enough employee.
Excellent
Double tree by hilton is very good brand
All over India

Excellent feeling in this brand it was nice experience I like this I will join this brand again
Good
Fast-paced working. Overall the staff and management were friendly. But what i dont really like is the pay is based on how many room you are cleaning.
The property is closing for renovations
This company is stringing the associates along until enough money is made for renovations then you're left looking for employment and as a long term associate no severance package was offered just words of encouragement
Terrible
Working here was an absolute nightmare. TERRIBLE management, NO breaks, and barely any training. They’re too cheap to put more than one person at the front desk, so good luck trying to eat or go to the bathroom throughout your 8 hour shift. Even with 50+ arrivals you work alone with no one to help you; even when the line starts coming out of the door. I very rarely got a break, even when calling the manager and requesting the break i’m supposed to get, he would say he’s coming to cover me and would never show up. Had to pay for parking which was $50 a month (part time) or $100 (full time) just so i can drive to work and there’s no other choice considering my co-worker got his car smashed when he parked it on the street. Steer clear of this place. The pay is nice but it is not worth it. The downtown location has so many homeless people. I was scared to be near the door when I had night shifts. Even when requesting to just do morning shifts I was always put on nights. Was so bad that even the maintenance workers/Housekeepers started complaining to the manager about letting a girl work alone at night in such a terrible area. TERRIBLE. horrid. never ever again.
Daily job can be somewhat monotonous; definitely exciting during busy times
Typical day at work can be dull and repetitious, but there are days that can be so busy and exciting that it makes up for those times. There are several different managers for different departments, all of whom build you up in a variety of ways. The hardest part of the job is the downtime. There are numerous "busy work" projects that can be done, but during the slow season people tend to want all of these jobs leaving down time to be a bit boring.
Working at the doubletree, from the perspective an agent behind the desk, learned that people genuinely care about the person you are. Being a team player will help encouraged you and others to enhance the guest experience. Focus on the importance of each person who walks through the door with welcome smiles.
Great place to work!
Interaction with guests gave me great joy. I learned a lot from the Front Office Manager and Assistant General Manager. The work culture at the DoubleTree was laid back.
N/a
The staff as a whole were not personable and management did not ensure the new team members were trained properly. There was no support from the management at all.
I think every day is a learning experience and will be more productive
It's a great pleasure to have the guests coming back over and over again to my hotel or restaurant because they are satisfied with my work performance specifically provided always a friendly service
Fast paced and fun environment
You can learn alot at DoubleTree work wise. Things like customer service skills cannot be taught. You really have to have the patience and want/need to help others.
The worst work experience ever
Not just lock of understanding and not caring for the employee they will easily overwork you whith out thinking they will hire you and train you whith 22/25 rooms per day and the works is just too much i was hired as public attendants nightshift and the next thing I know I was a housekeeper doing 7/8 rooms plust all the task my position requires is really DISAPPOINT when i try to talk to a supervisor or manager about it they just simply dont care or listen
Fast paced environment where you meet a lot of people
At times it can be very busy at the Doubletree, but it makes the day go by fast. You will meet a lot of people from all over the world, most of whom are nice. But you do get entitled rude guests at times.
Good Place to Work.
Good place to work with supportive staff.Good place to work and enjoy meeting new people as part of front office.

Secure job.

Day to day learning

Lots of training related to customer service and a good HR support.
no comment
no comment. Horrible management. Does not pay well. Super disrespectful staff. Super insincere. Horrible breakfast. No good benefits at allllll. Only one good thing is the hotel itself is sort of nice.
very busy not enough staff
need more staff pay could be higher. Managers have come and gone . property needs to be remolded from ground up. I don't think its feasible for one to go a a year without being ill.
Pros
lunch Mondays and Fridays
Cons
wait a whole year for pto
Ok low pay good people too far for me great food room discounts pretty place but old need renovation advancement hard people in management not leaving bellman eighty years old and still working bless his heart
Pros
The people
Cons
Pay
very hospitable
Fun, great work place. I work as a front office supervisor. Upon clocking in on my shift we go right to answering calls, emails and being personable with the guests. We are a family and we have each others back.
Undercover Secrets
Life balance is placed when management, "' only " seek convenience for themselves. Cross your fingers if you want to take vacation, it will affect your whole availability schedule. Calling out due to sickness or emergencies will result in retaliation some way. If one is a adult this isnt for you. If one is 20-25 of age it may work for you. Having a family and other priorities will not fit.
1.6K