DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 180 reviews matching the search See all 3,852 reviews
Fast paced environment where you meet a lot of people
Guest Service Agent, Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 October 2019
At times it can be very busy at the Doubletree, but it makes the day go by fast. You will meet a lot of people from all over the world, most of whom are nice. But you do get entitled rude guests at times.
Good Place to Work.
Guest Services Agent & Acting Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT30 September 2019
Good place to work with supportive staff.Good place to work and enjoy meeting new people as part of front office.

Secure job.
Day to day learning
Lots of training related to customer service and a good HR support.
no comment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 September 2019
no comment. Horrible management. Does not pay well. Super disrespectful staff. Super insincere. Horrible breakfast. No good benefits at allllll. Only one good thing is the hotel itself is sort of nice.
very busy not enough staff
Lead Guest Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA14 September 2019
need more staff pay could be higher. Managers have come and gone . property needs to be remolded from ground up. I don't think its feasible for one to go a a year without being ill.
Pros
lunch Mondays and Fridays
Cons
wait a whole year for pto
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VA29 August 2019
Ok low pay good people too far for me great food room discounts pretty place but old need renovation advancement hard people in management not leaving bellman eighty years old and still working bless his heart
Pros
The people
Cons
Pay
very hospitable
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hollywood Beach, FL19 August 2019
Fun, great work place. I work as a front office supervisor. Upon clocking in on my shift we go right to answering calls, emails and being personable with the guests. We are a family and we have each others back.
Undercover Secrets
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY15 August 2019
Life balance is placed when management, "' only " seek convenience for themselves. Cross your fingers if you want to take vacation, it will affect your whole availability schedule. Calling out due to sickness or emergencies will result in retaliation some way. If one is a adult this isnt for you. If one is 20-25 of age it may work for you. Having a family and other priorities will not fit.
Cool place to work
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX15 August 2019
Love my colleagues, we are like family here. Best front desk manager and best general manager ever. I will recommend this particular hilton property to everyone.
No interdepartmental flex.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC22 July 2019
This was a lovely property to work for! The location was prime! However, the divided atmosphere between the front desk and the sales department was incredibly counterproductive. I have worked the front desk as well as the sales department and have never encountered such a blockade from the sales department while trying to sell rooms. It was a very disappointing experience.
nice place to work
Guest service and Shuttler driver (Current Employee) –  1775 Cheyenne Mountain Blvd Colorado Spring Colo15 July 2019
Demonstrating a commitment Clarity and appropriateness of communication to guest and team members Working with other to achieve results Understanding and execution
Bad attitudes
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA14 July 2019
Everyone is free to do what they want to do at the airport location with no consequences. The management that they do have is horrible with fixing the issues that are brought to them. The front desk staff is never where they are supposed to be. And everyone seems to always have a bad attitude. Worst hotel I’ve ever worked in.
Great Field to advance if your willing to learn
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK1 July 2019
Great Field to advance if your willing to learn. Despite what you will hear, I recommend learning operations and sales to become truly successful. With most hotels, I recommend working for a locally owned or Hilton owned property. Property Management company ran hotels with have lower wages and higher turnovers.
Pros
$1 Meals and the Hilton Honors Employee Discount is great!
Cons
Hourly employees will have decreased hours in winter months.
Poor management and skills
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AL25 June 2019
No scheduling, went back on their promises, I needed a certain day off every week and they continuously scheduled me for the time I requested not to have. I told them I needed 40 hours a week and they never gave me anything more than 20-25 hours.
Poor Management and Communication Between Departments
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX17 June 2019
Hilton hotels are generally nice places to work. This particular location has a poor Management team. So much pressure is put on the Front Office team to ensure high survey results without the necessary support from other departments, primarily Housekeeping, Engineering, and Sales. The only way they are able to keep good employees is to offer higher salaries than what other hotels offer.
Great customer sevice.
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC5 June 2019
I was the customer service manager. They value great service. Tje guest is the only reason they exist. The service is some of the best and they expect the best from the employees.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Very poor management.
Face Paced! Make it fun!
Receptionist/Guest Services Relations (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC31 May 2019
I enjoy working at this property and the team I’ve been accompanied with, I’m happy that I’ve made the connections I have and excited to see what’s next in store for me!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Stressful job
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT19 April 2019
Great people to work with. Too much stress without the option of having some day shifts in order to have a life in the evening once and a while.

Lots to learn and remember!
Pros
Discount hotel stays in other hotels
Cons
Stress, fast paced
Better for a stepping stone!!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NY6 April 2019
You will gain a lot of experiences here. Gets really busy sometimes with a lot of mechanical problems. Wonderful benefits and discounts and they do have a wonderful management program.
Benefits
Cons
Mechanical issuse
Great place to advance.
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 March 2019
The employee benefits I received were health/dental care, paid time off after a year of work, Hilton employee travel program with discounted rooms, as well as lunch.

Make sure to talk to management/ Human Resources if you need time off. You can take time off during the slow season if you need time to rest. Northwest by Southern has a program for people with mental illness that I wish I had taken part in but I worked the busy season mostly while here. Supervisors aren’t unionized which I actually liked. Make sure to review your pay stubs and keep track of the hours you worked. Also, be on time!!!!!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, free lunch, friendly coworkers
Cons
Employees felt they had to work through their breaks because of lack of relief
Productive and fun place
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL19 March 2019
A typical day at work is high demand in customer service and team work oriented. I learned how to manage CRM, check in check out process, accounts payable and receivable, take requests upon and during guests stay. The management team does a great job at keeping everyones energy and dedication focused but entertaining. The work place culture feels like everyone is at home and family. The hardest part of the job is how much time consuming it is and having to deal with big issues that can affect hotel. The most enjoyable part are the employees, people you meet, and overall hospitality the work place brings.
Pros
Free lunches, Hilton Benefits, Team Oriented
Cons
Short breaks, Low Pay

51.4K