DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Host/Hostess41 reviews
DoubleTree
I enjoy working at the DoubleTree, it just gets really slow in the winter and standing at the host stand with nothing to do is very tedious. My manager always keeps tabs on the servers and myself, so we never feel lost or anything of the sort. We're very good at working together and we get quality food to our guests in a timely manor.
Doubletree by hilton
I was a hostess in the morning, I would help assist guests to there table. Also help servers when needed. It was a very and nice clean place to work.!
A second home, a fun workplace and flexible task.
Managers are very helpful in which they guide me a lot through out the work. I have experienced dealing with people from different culture. Flexible work hours and friendly environment.
Pros
free employee food every first friday of the month
It’s a good bridge gap job
I worked for The doubletree hotel for almost two years, the job was good for the most part, but you’re not guaranteed hours worked, it all depends on how many guests check in to stay. You’ll be lucky if your ever reach 35 hours in a work week with them, management does make the job fun, but don’t try to be buddy buddy with them because they will throw you under the bus when push comes shove. I rate this place a 7.5 rating. It’s mainly a bridge gap job.
Very good place to learn new things
Learned so much in 14 months. People were very helpful and informative. Managers are so good at what they do n very caring and supportive. A good palce to start work at.
great place to work
Great place to work with excellent benefits and great people to work with. theres tips that can be made based on your performance as a staff member. i recommend the offer.
enjoyable, different, intense
amazing environment, with time ive really become crucial in the team working closely with management,and in charge of others. working here is intense, can be difficult but is always fun and a challenge. everyday is different every day is a brand new hurdle but with such a strong team it seems easy.
Pros
cheaper hotel rooms
Cons
long sociable hours spent working
It's not as easy how it looks
I believe the hardest part of working there is being able to know how to pretend with rude guests and unprofessional co-workers. Even though there are some co-works who are kind and fun to work with.
Pros
Hotel benefits
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Good place to work at
A typical day at work was greeting guests and walking them to their tables and making conversation with them making them feel like home!. I learned to be more social since i used to be a shy person.
Productive and inviting environment
Could use better management when I was there, but I am not sure how the management is now. They have fun and welcoming staff and customer happiness is there goal.
Great benefits but this Hilton has no idea what they are doing.
Just work 1 day a week to claim your discount benefits. Working their anymore than that will cause so many headaches, and unnecessary stress. Management has no idea how to prepare for busy days. They rely to much on the stronger employees to make things work. Always set up for failure and always playing favorites. If you are a hard worker, expect to be overworked. If you want to fly under the radar and be mediocre, be prepared to be constantly harassed. Human Resources can't do anything but terminate employment, so if you're looking for help, you are better off going home and crying to mother about it. And remember, no matter how hard you work, you are always a failure to double tree by Hilton in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
Great Hotel
Great hotel to make a great career . lots of opportunity to make your way in the hotel industry . plus it belongs to the Hilton family.
Good management .
Pros
Good on training
Productive workplace, friendly staff
A typical day at work was relatively relaxed with the occasional rush that would come into the restaurant. I learned how to work as a team member and greeting customers on a regular basis.
Pros
Free or discounted food
Cons
Short or no breaks
Odd hours, but the hotel discount benefit was great
Overall, it was an okay part-time job. I worked in the restaurant portion of the hotel as a host and barista, and the job itself wasn't hard. I worked the breakfast shift, which was 6 am - 2 pm. You had all sorts of different clientele that walked through there, which is given in a hotel. My manager was awesome, I liked her a lot. The head chef, however, it seemed like everyone had a hard time getting along with him. I didn't personally interact with him much, but the brief times that I did, he didn't seem like the most personable guy. It's neither here nor there now, though. The job was okay for what it was, it paid okay, and the job itself wasn't hard to do, it just lacked any source of motivation to move up. There really wasn't a good step up beyond what you were already doing without transferring to a different department.
Pros
50% all food, extremely discounted hotel rooms, benefits package
Cons
Odd hours, slow lunches (no money to be made for servers), no upward mobility really
Fun and meet new p pole constantly
Always wanted to be t work very fun team and loved meeting people from all around the world who were traveling. Everyone was kind and worked as a team.
good employee benefits
this job is ok for beginner part time work
sometimes long hours

it has good employee benefits such as room rates etc and decent pay but can be tiring
Great Job, Awful Management
Maya is an awesome place with amazing culture, customers, and coworkers, however management made my experience their a daily battle with enjoying my job and hating it.
Good
A good place to work at and great progression
Very fun workplace meeting new people daily
Loved working for Hilton. Getting to meet new people everyday from all over the world and hearing some of their stories and pictures of around the world. Loved how guest made me feel at home as i tried my hardest to be sure the had the best stay ever with us at Double Tree.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Fun workplace and friendly atmosphere
Fun work place with supportive managemnet which i can personally grow and develop. The most exciting part of the job i can working alongsidw my collegues and keep learning from them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No park staff
i alread did i review for this w
i already did a review for this i dont know why they are making me do another one. The Doubletree is great just apply. If your on this website you need the job anyways.
1.6K