DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Hotel Housekeeper

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 4,197 reviews
Doubletree
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OH2 January 2020
I liked working there alot and I was in a comfortable working environment I'd definitely like to do something similar in the future doing this type of work
Solid work for fair pay
Houseman/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alsip, IL12 December 2019
I can't say that I necessarily loved my time at the Doubletree, but the work was fine. Scheduling was simple, and requesting time off was pain-free. Management was fair, and my co-workers were polite. The toughest part of the job was the physicality. The job was very physical: a lot bending over and walking at 8-hours a day. The hours can drag some days too. Not a difficult job, but it can take a bit of toll.
Pros
Lunch provide by hotel kitchen
The management does not care about the employees
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA6 November 2019
They want you to work and complete your task but don’t give you the stuff u need to complete your job and there is always setback, management has favorites not good.
i love it
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN8 October 2019
it was great place to work i like helping people and thats what the hilton about helping. it was a very relaxed job i kept every room spotless and also the lobby.
Ok job
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL1 September 2019
When I worked here the 1st shift wasn’t doing what they needed to do so I had to do my work and theirs management didn’t care easy job but just was a lot going on here
Every one experience is different.
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJ13 August 2019
You could try and see if it works for you.
Management has their favorites
Co workers are LAZY and Management doesn't address it. And the work was pretty easy so I don't know why worker are so lazy.
I like
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Southcenter9 August 2019
the best hotel I ever i work is doubletree by Hilton I love everyone because they give me big respect my supervisors was so good. Breakfast and lunch is free
Tough conditions sometimes ...,.,...
Banquet Houseman (Current Employee) –  Virginia24 July 2019
NO breaks, they expect you to work non stop from 6 to 10hrs without water or food breaks ............. or a working air conditioner. Lousy HR person, and banquet captain (brutal)......
How there is a double standard at this location!
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MO23 July 2019
It is not any fun to work there!! There is a lot of two faced people working there including management. Management has double standards for certain people! Manage is the worst! Management sometime hold employee accountable, but they get by with a lot! They just hired a new Inspector which is what they cam their housekeeping managers, This person has been there close to a month has called in once and no show no call twice and at this point still has their job! Management does not even want talk about it! They fired many employees by the end of the day for no show no call!! This person for some reason gets by with it!! They say management show be held to an hire standard but when this manager got hired they got by with everything they have done wrong and their manager won't even tell anyone why they are so special!!!!!
One of the best work environments i could participate in. Even though i had one co worker/teammate work always went by smoothly.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ9 July 2019
A great place to start wether its your first job or last job. If you have an outstanding partner to help you it makes it all the more better. The only difficulty i had was when my only coworker went on vacation.
Pros
Great work place, weekly pay
nice company to work
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Banquets Depattament7 July 2019
first of all recive instructions about the work day, prepare conference rooms, keep the work area clean and organized, I learned to work in a team, perform any work that was needed in the banquet departament
Pros
free lunch and overtime
Cons
little salary
So stressful and unequal
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC30 May 2019
Unless you're a woman, they could careless about you. I was terminated cause i refused to let the housekeepers treat me any kind of way. I was lied to about my pay and work time. I requested days off and they were considered absent days like i called out. I'll never work there again
Pros
Cons
No respect, negative attitudes and favortism
Fun place to work a lot of great people to meet
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA20 May 2019
Always greet guess with a smile and always keep your appearance up to date. They feed the employs breakfast lunch and dinner sometimes everyday faithfully.
Pros
Free lunch close to home and helpful co workers
Cons
Bad management
Houseperson Double Tree by Hilton Downtown
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2019
Hard very hard work
Over cover duties
Not hours in off . After you training you can’t have sufficient hours and they send you home for months .
Maybe they called you only in emergency moments.
Is not a consistent place to work ! (Housekeeping department).
Rushed all the times and you have to do a heavy work in your 8 hours shift .
Runner , displays in 17th floors sheets and towels, take garbages each floor, clean lobby, attend calls from guest, supervisor, room attendants, security’s at the same time, delivery to the guest requested, stripped beds, remove coffee cars each floor 17th, waters on the floors etc etc
Is a over responsibilities in 8 hour shift.
Plus you are not sure with the full cover hours in the shift!!
You can be at home months waiting for get any hour !
Pros
Salary
Cons
Months with not hours for you
Working at the Double Tree at Berkeley Marina
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CA25 February 2019
Depending on the current shift of my job as Banquet Houseman, I go in at 6AM every shift and prepare for guests that are attending the event that day. Making coffee setting up coffee breaks which usually includes some type of food handling and decoration set-up.
Mid-way through the meeting we will have a chance to refresh the room during the group breakouts and our job is to pick and clean the ballroom, meeting rooms to allow for a better experience at the hotel. - Management is sometimes lacking...
Pros
Lunch is provided by the company
Cons
not enough days to work.
Guest are nice
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH10 February 2019
Need better management. High turn over rate. Assistant General manager is rude. Staff can be cool. Over all my experience working at the double tree was fun but at the same time stressful sue to the management.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor management
Hard job with decent pay and great benefits
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA9 January 2019
Lots of physical labor involved and very demanding schedules. I was a listed at a part-time worker but averaged 30+ hours a week and regularly eclipsed 40 hours. Hotel staying benefits are great.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, long/late hours
Was not happy working there
Hotel Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC13 November 2018
Was not happy working there .For the pay that they was giving. Was not worth my time.You had over 20 rooms to clean a day. With detail cleaning that's was not worth 7.00 an hours.
great work environment
overnight houseman (Former Employee) –  downtown financial district12 October 2018
work was tough and overnight hour took some getting use to, but nothing u could not handle, when you get paid good you have to be willing to work hard for it.
Pros
always had proper tools to do a good job, management was fair and pleasant to work for.
Cons
did not see any opportunity for advancement
The Norfolk Airport DoubleTree is a relaxed workplace but the managers there are extremely underqualified and give employees hours based on favoritism
Banquet Houseman (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA31 August 2018
Management and facility unorganized..low pay,building is old and needs to be updated.Most managers are unreliable disrespectful and don't know how to talk to their employees. I've seen alot of good employees leave because of disrespect from managers.
Pros
You can get a discount on hotel rooms
Cons
The DoubleTree doesn't provide great healthcare

51.5K