DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

housekeeping rooms about 16 rooms a daydecent paygood co workersgood work schedule
When I First Worked At Doubletree I Was Nervous Then I Got The Hang Of It, Started Getting Better & Better. Then I Started Getting Tips And It Made Me Feel Great About Myself And What I’m Doing Because I Know I Mist Of Was Doing Something Right.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/a
I really enjoy working here, I've been here for 2 years. All of the coworkers get along well and work together to get the job done. Managers are very supportive of their teams.
Management properly trained me and was given appreciation whenever my job was well done. Great amount of food for $1 and has cozy break room with unli drinks as well. Overall I enjoyed my stay/work at doubletree.
Pros
Great food, unli drinks for $1 only
Cons
Tiring
The employees are not treated fairly for the amount of work they put in and not paid enough to.cover working more than 12 hour shifts when it's supposed to be a normal hour shift ...about 8 hours. Management needs to be checked out as well.
Weird things happen very too often at this establishment. The management are very untrustworthy and sneaky. I do not recommend that any person with morals work for them.
Working here was also fun for me because everyone was seen equal no matter your color, we even eat in thesame cafeteria with all the managers and the General managers.More so,we were having two offs in a week that was also amazing,coming to the accommodation ,it was clean and we have free drinking water.
Pros
We had free launch and breakfast
Cons
When is busy or when you cant finish your rooms on time, you have to extend.
They are very disrespectful to their workers. Management slacks. All management does is sit around eating and smoking. Provides no help to the workers. Poor training.
I loved the people I worked with! They made the job bearable. Hours suck no matter who you do housekeeping for. Treat the heart of the company better.
I LOVED this job! The hours were great, the pay was good, and they provided you with free lunch! The management was so kind and understanding, i wish i could have stayed there. I have a problem with my pelvis, and housekeeping is HARD its very physically strenuous, but thats just how housekeeping is! Due to my pelvic issue it was hard for me, but that does not mean it would be that way for others! Most of the housekeepers there have worked there for a very long time. I definitely recommend working here!
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, good benefits, awesome management
Cons
N/a
Shorted pay several times. And never got it. Favoritism in management.:only goidvthing was taking lunch whenever u wanted I wouldnt recommend workomg here.
Pros
Take lunch when u wanted
Cons
Underpayed, shorted pay, unfair practices
Too many workers over worked, and yelled at because their performance suffers because of unrealistic expectations of management. Long and absurd hours of willing workers, whose efforts are not appreciated or quickly forgotten, with the only result being eventual mental breakdown, and time off work without pay.
Pros
Once in a while you get free lunch
Cons
Weekends are a must.
Pay & benefitsThe pay is not anywhere close to what it should be for the work you're expected to do every day. You can get tips but its not promised. You can go weeks without getting any.
It was good job and till we got a new gm so I fell like it time moved on to something now that have become very mess and I tried try so please except me if I say no order in that place so please
A lot of great people. Money and hours weren't very good tho. Management is kinda two faced. A lot of the housekeepers are pretty good at there job and there fun to work with.
Way too much work for such little pay, too much gossip and drama, the managers show nepotism and are very biased. The people in my department were a nightmare and unfriendly. Would not do it again!
Pros
Free food
Cons
The pay is not worth it!
Worked here for about 2 weeks. Very disappointed in the way these hotels are run They literally kill you with the load of work they give you. No house men so you basically do all the work yourself floors aren’t stocked there stock room is on the 2nd floor with the laundry room So half your day is spent going up and down to restock some of these rooms you push a cart that weighs close to 60 pounds all day. you must clean and sanitize 16-20 rooms in 8 hours it’s like a horse race. And if you don’t finish by your time the head housekeeper gets upset.
Did not like working here. Too much drama between employees and others did not want to work together. No team work - only between “friends”, not fair to others.
I was doing house keeping and cleaning the room and taking garbage outside the company and making sure that everything is fine before you return to work
Employees Were Great , Management Was Awesome, Everyone Got Along . The Decor Was Outstanding , Rooms Were Beautiful , Guests Were Always So Kind , Great Team Work
Double tree is one of the most annoying places to visit . they never do their jobs right and when someone has a problem, besides them fixing it they try to bribe you by giving you free dinner or breakfast
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Short breaks