DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Housekeeper/Laundry

Housekeeper/Laundry21 reviews
Over all it is some good people
Hilton is a great company to work for it is the people that works for them that makes a difference. You have good people that work for Hilton and u have some people that is very unprofessional people that are not fair by any means ! Some people are not treated equally we have people that there yearly raise was denied because the supervisor didn't like them not because the work they did wasn't good
I wish i can give them a -10
Management is very racist and some employees don't do their job don't change sheets a customer found underwear in the bed after he checked in its family owned so be very careful they all work together and they don't care if your child is sick or you are sick they want you to work and forget about your outside life it's not a good place to work head housekeeping is very rude and she cant keep workers
disrespectful

that's why it's revolving doors
Everyone worked together Was treated like family
The work was hard but there were rewards. Was all ways told you where appreciated. Team players everyone together till everyone got threw. Hours were not always good.
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
Not enough money Short hours in the winter
It's a terrible place to work
It's a terrible place to work management is horrible the housekeeping supervisor is not a leader human resource hiring people by favoritism in stead of skills there is kno chance for promotions and appreciation
Drama
Alot of drama everyday all day and you dont get a nomal break like you would at a real job !! They hire more famliy and thats why they get rid of good workers !!
Great place.
I have enjoyed working with DoubleTree. I enjoyed my co workers they are the best. The job tasks was very reasonable not hard work. I love working with others with great attitudes.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes.
Loved it
I loved this job and the people I worked with made the job easier to want to go to everyday. The manager was always helpful and respectful. The customers was always happy
Pros
Every other Friday we had free lunch
Cons
Dirty rooms
Management was difficult to talk to about medical issues. They would say they'd lessen your load or change your schedule but rarely did they keep to their word.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
loved the work place
was a very good place to work for. if not finished they would send us the other housekeepers to go help. and if one would finish i would go and help the other housekeepers.
Pros
free luncheons
Cons
would get two breaks and an hr for lunch
Bell/laundry worker
Working at Double Tree was a wonderful experience. My supervisor was very patient and encouraging. The work was fast paced and I needed good customer service skills. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
New General Manager culture not good
New GM has been their one year, never worked full service hotel. Changed hotel culture for the worst and disrupted flow and work conditions at the hotel.
Pros
Great employee's
Cons
New work culture not good.
Nice place to work but a lot of trouble with management.
Working at Double Tree made me learn how to interact with other people and get along. I learned to not be afraid to meet and talk to new people and overall it was a good work experience.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits at all
fun work place
I very much enjoyed working here. Great work environment nice management team. Hard working team taking pride on giving costumers 100% service
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
couldnt obtain enough hours for benefits
my fun cleaning job
I had to clean just about 25-30 rooms per day within a 30min period & 45mins per suites, what I learned was clean the rooms quickly, be organized with my supplies, the head house-keepers were sort've strict but fun to be with (as long as the rooms were being serviced). certain coworkers were awesome and some needed to develop more costumer skills towards others, the hardest part of the job was being under a time limit and cleaning the same rooms again (even though they were just cleaned). the enjoyable part working there was getting the wonderful compliments about my hard-work and also the tips the costumers leave behind as well.
Pros
Cafe discounts, rooms discount, company parties, etc.
Cons
was only $8.00 an hour, short breaks, not enough days off
fun places
A typical day at work , it was very verifying and it was something very difficult for me. I learned how to be friendly to people and how to clean. The management at my job was very easy to cop with. my co- workers were very fair. There wasn't anything difficult about my job. The most exciting thing about my job was that every time I cleaned the room nice the people who slept in the room would give me a tip.
Pros
free tips
Cons
short breaks
Working with the guest is great
Preparing rooms each day for new guests. Learned that its different then working in a hospital. Management is ok. Do enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not working enough hours. The enjoyable part is the customers satisfaction.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not working enough hours
fun workplace
nice place to work . good benefits. great pay. employees are nice and caring. day goes by fast because you stay busy
This job needs new management
The work was no problem. It was management. They over worked us and we never had time to detail our rooms.
Great Company.
Over all it is a great company to work.Zimbabwe class every week.
Pros
lunch provided by the hotel.
Cons
my vacation time.
I liked this job Period
When working as lobby person I would clean all bathrooms ,lobby,and meeting rooms.My duties also included running requested items to guest,When in laundry I was in charge of loading the industrial washers and dryers and to keep the line running.I got along with everyone in both co-workers and management.
Pros
u got reconition for your jobs you did well.
Cons
it was always so hot and benifits were costly
Review
It was jut a job nothing more to tell I have told you all their is to know
Pros
nothing i can think of at this time
Cons
refer to pros