DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Human Resources Manager

Great place to work. Fun place to work. Employee gatheringsAll employees treated equally. Good management company to work for. Clean work areas and nice hotel
Very professional work environment and culture, interactions with great professionals. The leaders are great Mentors. key focus is on employee development so lot of trainings are conducted on regular basis. Thoroughly enjoyed my stint there and would love to be associated with a brand like Hilton again.
Pros
Free Lunches
Older hotel with an incredible demand for Hilton members. Difficult atomsphere and busy at all times. The type of place you cut your teeth on and it will make you better in the long run for your career. Great people work here and after some renovations being completed it should be an exemplary hotel.
If you tell management where you want to end up - they will get you there. Everyone is very supportive and if you are willing to travel, you will move up quickly.
Typical HR day will be full of trainings, recruitment, employee relation activities and more! Excellent property and great location in VA. Great leadership team.
Pros
Good benefits.
Never a dull moment. With more than 100 hotels there is tremendous opportunity for growth. I have had the opportunity to advance through the company over the past 7 years. Fun environment with my co-workers. Hardest part of my job is that there are very long days.
In a typical day I am resolving, or coaching other managers in how to resolve or approach personnel issues, there is a huge amount of files and paper work to follow up daily, also I will follow up with personnel PTO and submit request to payroll. The hardest part of my job is that there is no budget for incentives, employee recognition or training; as well salaries are not competitive making difficult to stay in the company and provide for my self a good quality life. Co-workers are cooperative and they usually follow up with my instructions given. What enjoy most is my relationship with my General Manager, she is really cooperative and supportive.
Pros
Free meal, parking, life insurance, dry cleaning, hotel discounts, walking distance from home
Cons
Low salaries, no career advancement, no budget for incentives or recognitions
The DoubleTree is constantly training the associates to help them flourish in their positions. They are also very focused in giving back to the community, so we are involved in monthly give backs to various charities in our community.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Pay for parking
I enjoy what I do from the start of my day until the end. Human Resources allows me the opportunity to provide valuable resources to the team members as well as helping them to understand what is expected of them as an employee of the company.
My days were busy and basicly the same, however, the guests of the hotel were different each day. I enjoyed my co-workers and the other manager's. There was not any part of my day that was hard. The most enjoyable part of the day was when we had the manager's meeting each day.