DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Intern

A normal day of work consisted of helping guest check in and out of the hotel. Most of the time business was slow unless it was the weekend but overall I enjoyed the position.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Pay grade
Be confident and be yourself always. Give all your effort and always smile to the guest or customer. Try to solve the problem as soon as possible and focus on what you do.
The DoubleTree hotel is very fun to work, they have excellent customer service in Great chefs. At the DoubleTree Hotel you work hard and have fun. You also learn what you didn't already know from other people and get to know how other people work
you can imagine many overtime but this one have the most overtime i experience so far, very tiring and i had 13 day straight work with more than 10hours of work
I learned how to sort laundry,fold towels, and deliver them to guests' rooms. I additionally answered customer questions and spoke courteously with customers. I enjoyed this experience, and feel as though I might want to do a career that combines environmental sustainability and hospitality.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I learned a lot from the managers and various departments in the hotel. Everyone was very informative and learning language in the meetings and events department, sales and advertising department, learning how to generate sales, and review RFP's was a very rewarding experience.
I’ve had the pleasure of training for the Garde Manager position with some of the top Chefs in the Houston area. I played a dual role as a lead which included but not limited to, providing inventory management and regulating the rotating shift logs and status reports.
Pros
great service
The managers are very willing to support local businesses and students. Got to work in different fields such as house keeping and the front desk.
Every one is very helpful, but some time is scared for their job. Its a demanding job, but everyone looks out for one another and is happy for everyone success
Pros
Free lunch!
My Internship at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte was an eleven week program. The hotel had me in a weekly rotation in Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Engineering and Night Audit. In each department I have learned the fundamentals of how each department worked and serviced our guests. Therefore, teamwork is a crucial part of a business and necessary for co-workers to work well together. The process of working efficiency with a group of people is important to achieve a goal in a specific time frame.The most difficult part of the job was developing team leaders that are reliable with employee empowerment in planning, organization, and goal setting. Overall, the most enjoyable part of my internship was gaining a valuable understanding of my major by using material I learned in the classroom and taking it out of the classroom. It gave me a chance to get a grasp of the career path I choose to pursue. I not only learned something new everyday but gained co-workers that led to lifetime friendships.
Pros
Free food, treated me like a co-worker and not a intern
Cons
Early mornings, long hours
The experience was interesting, the work was more than expected. The staff was very nice and the cutomers were nice as well.
Pros
helpful, willing to accept any position
Cons
working on being more honest about feelings.
Excellent coaching staff. Everyone is very helpful and outgoing. I have been interning in 4 different departments - laundry, kitchen, break room cleanup and banquet. I have enjoyed working in the kitch the most since I have experience in Culinary Arts already. Chef Dan has been a great mentor.
I started here for an internship and left there educated about the hotel operation. Thank you DoubleTree Staff for a heart-warming experience!