DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Laundry Attendant

Laundry Attendant34 reviews
they dont deal with internal issues and they have a high turnover rate. they give u good hours and the customers are treated well. if you like soap operas
Clean all linen. Clean all common areas and bathrooms. Check in all guest. Friendly work environment. Professional management staff. Hardest part of job getting backed up with laundry. Enjoyable part of work is working at your own pace.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Very very busy weekends at times.
Would recommend working here it’s a great place to work many people who will help you with whatever you may need. The managers are amazing as well so I would definitely recommend it.
This place is the worst to work for u get hired for one position but they train u in all positions just incase someone calls out they can use u . So a typical day u might be doing rooms or laundry or lobby you really dont know. Managers suck they do nothing but gossip and stay on there phone or walking around flirting with the houseman. Trifling but I wouldn't recommend no one to work here (pikesville area)
High Turnover with staff and management. No one seemed to have knowledge of tasks and duties. Very stressful environment. Hotel Location was part of a group of hotels under same management. Also had off site HR that made payroll difficult.
It's an ok place to work, there's a lot of favoritism. They ask what days you need off on the application and then they don't give them to you. Why bother to ask if you can't follow through.
Higher ups only care about money which pressures managers to push employees past their limits. They offer all benefits but when you're only making $9 an hour, you simply cant afford $400 to pay for insurance every month. Extremely disorganized and toxic. Absolutely all the employees were always talking about being stressed and wanting to quit.
Hot and sweaty work environment if you worked in the laundry room. Co-workers were a delight, management on the other hand, not so much. When I needed to take leave for mental health issues I was denied time.
Great place to work the atmospheres grade the people grade the management is wonderful on the job training is good. Management is wonderful in every Department
I hate to sound like a disgruntled employee because I'm far from that. I'm a Loyal individual and especially to my job but its very hard being loyal to an employer who is not loyal to u. As an employee we are forced to work in unhealthy conditions! I hate to say but the entire building is infested with Mold and Mildew! Some rooms have soak and wet carpets when it rains and still expect the housekeepers to clean them so they can be released to a guest. I can go on and on with the cons but I'd rather not waiste time on the management team with their racial profiling stereotypical type ppl!
Pros
Free lunch of whatever they cook.
Cons
No good benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Everyone in the hotel are very friendly. We treat each other like family. There is no competition between the other departments in the hotel. Everyone known by there first names, there are some that may give you a nickname that that they will call you by.
Pros
The food is great which greatly depends on which chef is cooking the lunch.
Cons
The food is mostly served at lunch is mostly chicken day in and day out.
It was an okay job but because of some of the people it made for a hostile work environment. They were an equal employer so they hired ex-offenders, from temporary agencies.
Pros
Yes they were free lunch and 10 min breaks
Cons
They had health and Dental options
Hotel going down the drain every since new company tooken over. Co- workers are great to work with very easy job, fast past, very professional and the supervisors rock!
Even though I had to maintain my overtime on track. The ability to be able to multitask by operating different types of laundry machines such as iron, driers and washing machine was one of my favorite thing about this job position.
Pros
Lots of free parties with management.
Cons
Vacations .
Hot. Stressful. Badly managed. Dirty. Low standards. Evil coworkers. Low pay. Bad people. Trashy customers. Dated building. Mean guests. Gross employees who don’t bathe. Low health standards. Bodily fluids not handled properly.
Pros
None.
Cons
Stinky smelly job.
As a former employee, I can say that It is not a bad place to work. Of course It has its bad days like every job but at the end of the day you know that the people there really care about you. One problem that I did have was scheduling, one week you can have five days of work but then another week you can have all days off.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good Benefits, Good Pay, Nice Coworkers
Cons
Schedule can change quick, sometimes you will be "On Call" instead of Full Time
I have work at double tree while it would have been 3 years but left for 2 months frustrating time and left the second time for less then 3 months am back and like very much to return I had problems at home but it didn't effects my work I enjoyed working for double tree
Pros
Get out early make my scheduled
Cons
Not enough hours in winter
When i was working at Double tree hotel in tigard oregon before i have an amazing experience with my co worker they are all very professional and very hardworking. we all feel like were home because of the strong bonding of our team.
Worked there for 3 years No advancement. I did laundry commercial rooms . I helped in dish the kitchen needed.Rarely had the tools and supplies I needed to do my job.
Have great experience in Dubai. Good working environment. Work place always have challenge but we have to recover the challenge. If there is no challenge no need us.
Dubai is very cultural place and very beautiful place also.
I enjoyed working there. I would recommend anyone looking for a job should apply there. The rooms is very spacious and clean to satisfaction book a room
1.6K