DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Laundry Attendant

Working in the laundry room is not for everyone. Make sure you keep to yourself. Go above what is expected no matter what. Make sure you don't have too many life issues if you are not in management
The Management was helpful At some point you will get to know the peopl who all work there. The guest were friendly.Everything was on. The benefits is the best part of the deal
Pros
Perks and Benefits
Cons
Short lunch
Great company to work for , very supportive environment and great leadership. They have a really good training program. Holidays are usually rotated so it's very flexible.
Pros
Flex schedules
Cons
Understaffed
they take advantage of you even when you tel them no they are the worst to work for my manager is the laziest person he does nothing save every thing for me to do when I get there
Cons
I worked here for over a year management is bad and don't care for employees. You don't get raises at all. They have people that walk out twice and come back as management because she one of the supervisor daughter. Housekeep slept with a guest for money and still there nothing was done. They talk to u bad.
Pros
Anyone can get a job
Cons
You are treated you bad at this company housekeeping is the worst
My time at the DoubleTree was very fun. It's truly a family atmosphere there and the management is top notch. Definitely room for advancement, all you need to do is ask (and have to be employed for at least 6 months). Very understanding when it comes to needing time off and just an overall great place to work.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch or dinner, depending on your shift, pay, benefits
Cons
nothing
they dont deal with internal issues and they have a high turnover rate. they give u good hours and the customers are treated well. if you like soap operas
Clean all linen. Clean all common areas and bathrooms. Check in all guest. Friendly work environment. Professional management staff. Hardest part of job getting backed up with laundry. Enjoyable part of work is working at your own pace.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Very very busy weekends at times.
Would recommend working here it’s a great place to work many people who will help you with whatever you may need. The managers are amazing as well so I would definitely recommend it.
This place is the worst to work for u get hired for one position but they train u in all positions just incase someone calls out they can use u . So a typical day u might be doing rooms or laundry or lobby you really dont know. Managers suck they do nothing but gossip and stay on there phone or walking around flirting with the houseman. Trifling but I wouldn't recommend no one to work here (pikesville area)
High Turnover with staff and management. No one seemed to have knowledge of tasks and duties. Very stressful environment. Hotel Location was part of a group of hotels under same management. Also had off site HR that made payroll difficult.
It's an ok place to work, there's a lot of favoritism. They ask what days you need off on the application and then they don't give them to you. Why bother to ask if you can't follow through.
Higher ups only care about money which pressures managers to push employees past their limits. They offer all benefits but when you're only making $9 an hour, you simply cant afford $400 to pay for insurance every month. Extremely disorganized and toxic. Absolutely all the employees were always talking about being stressed and wanting to quit.
Hot and sweaty work environment if you worked in the laundry room. Co-workers were a delight, management on the other hand, not so much. When I needed to take leave for mental health issues I was denied time.
Great place to work the atmospheres grade the people grade the management is wonderful on the job training is good. Management is wonderful in every Department
I hate to sound like a disgruntled employee because I'm far from that. I'm a Loyal individual and especially to my job but its very hard being loyal to an employer who is not loyal to u. As an employee we are forced to work in unhealthy conditions! I hate to say but the entire building is infested with Mold and Mildew! Some rooms have soak and wet carpets when it rains and still expect the housekeepers to clean them so they can be released to a guest. I can go on and on with the cons but I'd rather not waiste time on the management team with their racial profiling stereotypical type ppl!
Pros
Free lunch of whatever they cook.
Cons
No good benefits
Everyone in the hotel are very friendly. We treat each other like family. There is no competition between the other departments in the hotel. Everyone known by there first names, there are some that may give you a nickname that that they will call you by.
Pros
The food is great which greatly depends on which chef is cooking the lunch.
Cons
The food is mostly served at lunch is mostly chicken day in and day out.
It was an okay job but because of some of the people it made for a hostile work environment. They were an equal employer so they hired ex-offenders, from temporary agencies.
Pros
Yes they were free lunch and 10 min breaks
Cons
They had health and Dental options
Hotel going down the drain every since new company tooken over. Co- workers are great to work with very easy job, fast past, very professional and the supervisors rock!
Even though I had to maintain my overtime on track. The ability to be able to multitask by operating different types of laundry machines such as iron, driers and washing machine was one of my favorite thing about this job position.
Pros
Lots of free parties with management.
Cons
Vacations .
Hot. Stressful. Badly managed. Dirty. Low standards. Evil coworkers. Low pay. Bad people. Trashy customers. Dated building. Mean guests. Gross employees who don’t bathe. Low health standards. Bodily fluids not handled properly.
Pros
None.
Cons
Stinky smelly job.