DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Lead Cook

Lead Cook11 reviews
the work is fun, but without proper management it makes the job hard, and also does not offer any chances to advance or be creative with menu or recipes
I enjoyed cooking for the guests that came and checked into the hotel. The other employees made working at the Hilton hotel feel like home away from home.
a good place to work, the environment is like family, all employees are very concerned about their jobs and it is an environment where everything is everyone's responsibility
Responsible for preparation of breakfast/lunch buffet. Work was challenging, high volume. Setup and stocking for line and next day service. Various responsibilities throughout the day. I enjoyed my interaction with customers.
It would be a great place to work if they got rid of the managers that are currently there!!! Favoritism is rampid there. The managers treat their employees with no respect. Not a great place to work. Gave me high blood pressure.
Great place to work. Great teamwork. Ok management Great opportunity for advancement. Everyone is here to help. Managers listen to the the employees and if they are correct implement the ideas.
Pros
Free lunches great time off if needed
Cons
Short staffed
Poor Management and less salary can improve has so much potential but as I said before poor management and in the last stages before the renovation people were fired a lot.
never given a fair shot to show off full potential. Very outdated with cooking needs and not enough staff to run the room service operations. Needs help
•Responsibilities: As Lead Cook I was responsible for preparing for breakfast and lunch to the highest standards, while performing pantry cooking, grilling, special events catering. Ensured proper storage and inventory of all perishable foods, while keeping a clean environment.
40 hours per week, no more no less typically. Lots of learning opportunities. Management was great. Work environment great. Hardest part of the job is when it got busy. Best part was probably when it was slow.
Pros
Learned a lot, good boss, good people
Cons
Needs better pay
A lot of outside catering weddings sporting events ect we also did outside BBQ in the Vista we ran a meals on wheels program 4 months out of the year We had two grand halls and two small halls a fully wait staff and three chefs and six Cooks on staff.
Pros
great health care opportunitys
Cons
change ownership