DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Line Cook

Found 69 reviews matching the search See all 4,197 reviews
Very professionally
Senior Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Brickfield, Salt river.16 February 2020
Amazing company to work for, the staff has great team spirit, very professional and considerate. They offer a market related salary, they have good working hours, and an extremely amazing place to grain a lot of exprience. its a place where you actually enjoy spending most of your time at, above all amazing food and hospitality.
Cons
Normal working hrs
100% overall standards
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  1111 Lakeside Ave Cleveland Ohio 4411527 January 2020
I know that the service was excellent and that I help create a create atmosphere to work in by attending to guest personal needs and providing in the front house service.
New company ruined an otherwise nice place
Commis Chef/Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City8 December 2019
Since about a year ago the hotel changed owner things started going down the hill turning a place a loved to work into something frustrating. Most of the colleagues left already including the former head-chef which I held great respect for. The new head-chef and his team brought some light, but the company stays what it is.
Nice people to work with
Demi Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Cambridge5 December 2019
It is a good place to work If you gonna start working and learn a lot of stuff.
But It is very stressful and busy and more in xtmas and summer time.
You have room service, the bar and restaurant , all open at the same time so image how busy can get in summer or xtmas as they even have conferences room for xtmas parties.
The actual Head Chef is amazing and thanfull but not all the team is like that
Is it worth it ? No
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire14 November 2019
The business has got some real potential but management seem hold the company back far too much, even under the owners noses. There’s no appreciation given to chefs even tho some of us were working an additional 10-15 hours a week over contracted hours (free labour). Over Xmas some of us hit nearly 80 hours overtime within the 4 weeks and were “promised pay for any overtime” but barely received even 10 hours worth of pay. You work long hard days and nothing is ever good enough due to the standards of a chain restaurant. There is no freedom within the company. Management even giving the direct message “ you care too much about the food. It just needs to be on the plate to speck and out in the restaurant” and even advised us to “pre cook steaks before service “ and “microwave chicken breasts to hurry them up”. It’s relentless, your constantly battering with each department to see who’s doing it right and the kitchen 10/10 times is the ones in the wrong. Remembering 6-8 menus at any one time is also a requirement due to the rediculous amount of menus available at any one time.
Hardwork pays.
Pastry Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Kenya4 November 2019
Did both pastry and bakery.everyday baquetting lunch for not lesd than 100pax.dinner menus and alacarte menu review.pressure long staying guest with odd hour dinner bookings.honesty as the key to survival no job insecurity..learnt to multi task as i was still the bakers reliever
Good place of work
Chef de partie (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside2 November 2019
Good place with friendly staff. great opportunities for improvement. Easy to get along and learn a few tricks. Great place to get higher. nice work-life balance.
Good
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire31 October 2019
Good work atmosphere.good career progression.
2. Coordinate the work of the kitchen staff and deliver the prepared.
3. Supervises the work schedules of all employees in the kitchen to ensure they are properly kept.
4. Responsible for checking that quantity and quality of items ordered from stores are received and stored in proper condition per Uk Public Health procedures and thereafter used in accordance to standard recipes, reporting any discrepancies to Executive Chef.
At the time itnseemed good.
P.M. Lead Line cook (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ29 October 2019
This place started out great then it went downhill real fast. I was a manager there but they had their favorites. Id try to discipline them for violating policy or health code...the executive chef wpuld make it disappear.
Pros
Hilton company
Cons
Favoritism and complete morons running the show
Not a fun work place. Very hostile work environment.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CT25 October 2019
If you are not African American this is not a good kitchen to work at. Or anywhere in the back of the house. They are not equal opportunity employers
Pros
Cons
Not being of African desent
Productive and fun work place
Lead Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ30 September 2019
The Doubletree is a great place to work. I love my co workers and management.We get paid time off and the company shows their appreciation towards their employees. We get discounts with the company and hotels.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Pay is fair for the job
Kitchen Supervisor/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, IN29 September 2019
The banquet food is the worst i have ever seen and the food and beverage director is not open to ideas to fix it.
I was hired in to be a supervisor at 50 cents less per hour than i was told.

Nice place to work if can ignore the food quality and ignorance of the food and beverage director, in witch I (a classically trained chef) cannot.
Pros
Pay is good for people with less experience
Cons
Drama, no healthcare benifits and very poor food quality
Sucked
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX7 September 2019
HOURS ARE TERRIBLE BUT CONSIDER YOU FULL TIME WITH ONLY 32 HOURS A WEEK, the "Chefs" are a joke. I couldnt get out of there fast enough. The only positive would be the free food. But theyre even very strict on what we can eat ex. Tenders or burger
Not worth it
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA28 August 2019
Worst place I ever worked at. Management only listens to certain people when there's a complaint & not the whole story. That's why I'm no longer working there. I was fired for no good reason.
great place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO27 August 2019
loved my job
worked on line performing tasked outlined by chef
enjoyed fellow employees
prepped kitchen before shift
prepared food items for frying such as chicken and fish
prepared outlined menu per recipes
performed routine cleaning and sanitizing of work area
Was harrased repeatedly
Line cook/roundsman (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PA22 August 2019
Managers never informed HR about my harrasment consequently when I could not take it anymore I left in middle of a shift and was fired because of that. The supervisor and the chef both failed miserably
It’s a good place to start out
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CT13 August 2019
The menu is a good starting point for those beginning their culinary career, the people are friendly and the environment is good. I don’t see it as a place you can stay forever if you’re looking to expand your experience but if you want job security this is your place.
Good full time or part time job
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI12 July 2019
Great job, low pay but it's a great place to work and have a life outside of work. Everyone there is like one big family, they truly care about you as a person.
Understaffed to the max
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WI21 June 2019
This business is always running on a skeleton crew. Towards the end of my time at this DoubleTree I was scheduled to work alone a lot and was responsible for everything: all the prep, all the cooking, all the cleaning, all the closing, and all the dishwashing. From what I hear the cooks here still put in a lot of extra solo hours because management is so focused on keeping labor hours low.
An enjoyable and diverse working environment
AM Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA3 June 2019
As many do, I spent the major part of my days surrounded by a team of wonderful individuals. I laughed, joked, cried and love them all for their working friendships. It was always a pleasure to help another team member and to get help in return with a smile.

51.5K