DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Manager

Looks good on your CV
The alarming staff turnover is probably the first warning sign I should've noticed, but I thought I'd stick things out.

Was able to progress with this company and received a promotion within my first year, which was wonderful. However I received absolutely no formal training for this role whatsoever, I merely shadowed someone for a day and then was left to it, which baffled me as this was a management position.

Was able to get cheap hotels around the world which was nice as these hotels are generally nice and well run from a guest's perspective.

However the staff are overworked and underpaid and the level of training and investment into staff is poor, which results in high turnover throughout the business - which makes progression easier I suppose.
Pros
Food provided
Cons
Poor salary
Not a great place to work
General Manager is a joke, they treat their employees horrible and lie to them. They hate female workers there. I have worked there 5 years and it's disgusting how they run it.
Do not work at Doubletree Rochester NY
Hilton is a nice brand but the management company that runs the DoubleTree Rochester is not a hospitality company and have no connection to the hotel. Upper management is filled with inexperienced, innappropriate, harrasing individuals. The HR manager and GM are very petty and inexperienced, getting by on their lies and the good work of past employees. This hotel is not the place you want to work.
Pros
Hilton Brand, Guest
Cons
Harrasing and hostile environment
Stress
High stress
Lack of a work/life balance

Upper management Exec team dysfunctional at best

I love hospitality but the work atmosphere was less than idea for a happy life.
productive work place
Morning meeting, meeting new guest, working on projects. Keeping hotel maintain working with your co-workers on different projects. Very safe enviroment.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
Uniforms is required
Great employer
This property is managed by Hilton Worldwide which makes it way more exclusive to work for. Corporate is really big on implementing fairness to all employees.
Pros
Free lunches, travel benefits, great pay
Cons
Little room for advancement since nobody leaves
Hilton Worldwide is a solid company and provides secure employment
Working for this company has been a great experience and has started my career in management with key leadership to help develop me into the leader I am today. Middle to Senior management at the Hilton Hotels I have worked at, have been positive, motivating and professional to myself and all team members and is the main reason I stay with the company.
Pros
Great workplace atmosphere
Cons
None.
Great management company sold to a terrible management company
Bad management will cause great employees to leave. This was the case for several great managers and employees. The management company does not care that the current GM is destroying their employee culture that took years to build.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
General Manager
Great for workers, not for upper mgmt
I love this place. For workers it is fantastic. The place has an amazing and unique culture. This sadly doesn't translate into upper management. Salaried positions are abused. You drink the cool-aid or you burn out. The higher you rise, you deal with greater amounts of drama and childish behavior. Sort of backwards when the adults are worse than the kids!
Pros
Culture, compassion, care
Cons
Ridiculous management culture
workplace moral is low, turnover is high
Workplace moral is low. Employees who have been there long term do not take kind to change and run anyone good and who wants to do well and be promoted out.
Pros
clean workplace
Cons
poor benefits, poor culture, high turnover
Great environment
Interacting with Guest provide outstanding service. Working with other departments. Most enjoyable part is working closely with staff and sharing the workload.
Pros
great benefits and associate appreciation events
Cons
na
A Great Hotel to Work At
Fast Paced
Good work/life balance

Good Benefits

Professional

Friendly

Industry Growth with Management Company

Internal Growth and development encouraged
Fun and great place to meet others and interact
I enjoyed my time working at the Doubletree I met a lot of good people I learned a lot more about the hotel business and the cooperate world. I would recommend for people to apply there for employment.
Pros
free meals everyday
Cons
understaffing at times and not enough equipment for functions
It's a beautiful property, very proud to work in such a nice hotel.
The hardest part of the job is a lack of communication between departments in day to day operations of the hotel. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with clients, both local and non-local, visiting our city.
Negative Environment
The management seems fairly unstable and the turn over rate is high. No Benefits, but The front desk experience was enjoyable and helped build my network and meet all sorts of corporate executives.
Great Overall
Really wonderful work environment with a supportive atmosphere.
Worst upper management-wilmington concord pike
Upper Managent is the worst I ever worked for. Specially General Manager. Inconsistency. The best managers that actually care about people, those are the ones that are the first out the door. The hotel itself not doing so great, all since the change of General Manager 5+ years ago. Unless, upper management doesnt change I wouls not recommend them AT ALL.
Pros
staff friendly
Cons
worst upper management to work with specially gm