DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Prep Cook

Prep Cook12 reviews
Great company and even better customers! I learned a lot at a very young age thought this company and would love to further my knowledge. Learning the ins and outs of running a kitchen was amazing to learn at just the age of sixteen . I wish to have my own restaurant one day, seeing and learning at a young age has made me realise I want to do this for the rest of my life.
Even though it can be a tough crowd, I love the hospitality industry. Everyone works together to take care of, not only our guests, but one another as well. I also appreciate the opportunities offered from within to crosstrain into new positions and departments. Every single employee is fairly evaluated every 6 months for raises and management from every department makes it a point to offer incentives to maintain good morale among employees.
Basically the work culture their is put all the work on one person. also they do lot of illegal stuff like bypassing health and cleaning up the kitchen.
Lots of oppritunity to gain expeince. They gave you lots of chances to grow and also helped you to succeed. The boss was strict but professional and always talked highly of us.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
excellent breakfast bar and while working there I learned to be a excellent Baker as well as Prep cook the management was great I would love to work there again
Pros
breakfast bar
Cons
the hours it stay open
I'm a hard worker but I feel it's hard to work around people that gossip about me from the first day and not come to me when they have something to say or let me know where I can help and how I can improve.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not good pay, no real training, just do what you think you can do while they harass you all day.
I asked for unpaid time off and was giving the run around by higher management. It was time for a change. Other than that i really enjoyed working for the Double Tree.
Pros
Nice co- workers. Was abel to be come with my own daily specials . learned a lot.
Cons
There was not any, other then me not being abel to take a trip with my family that we had been planing for a year.
i love working at the double tree. it is a fun fast paced environment to work in and is always busy. they are focused on guest happiness but never forget the needs of the employees
I was there for a short time but enjoyed my short stay. Working in any kitchen is hard work and this place was no different. I was prepping food for multiple venues and If I fell behind things fell apart. This wan't the case often though. I was able to successfully supply the cooks with everything they needed. The hours were crazy and very late. overall not a bad place to work though.
Pros
fast paced, challenging and cool place to work.
Cons
late hours, high risk(working with raw foods) and strict uniform policies.
DoubleTree was probably one of my favorite jobs because i could usually do my own thing in ther kitchen preparing the buffet in the mornings and evenings.
Management was horrible. Executive chef was well knowledgeable but the management of the hotel was horrible
Very fast paced environment. Great personnel in all departments of the hotel. Majority of the employees tend to get along...at least while i was there. Over all great place to work at, i would recommend a few people here.
Pros
job has benefits