DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Receptionist71 reviews
The hotel is short staffed that's why the employees are usually overworked. Stressful job that pays minimum wage. Poor management. I enjoyed to work as a part of a team. Met some lovely people.
Pros
Fun to work with different people
Cons
Stressful
Double tree by Hilton was among thee most beneficial places to work at for a growing individual, because of the various situations and problem that one is faces one a daily along side a very helpful crew, you should blossom at this company.
fun workplace meeting different type of people everyday.
learning different stuff each and everyday ,greeting people

make them feels comfortable , we hold different type of activities

like, wedding ,meetings, conference , birthday party ,bachelor party

and etc...
Puoi essere sostituito da un giorno all’altro. Contratti stupidi e raramente solo in casi estremi ti fanno L’indeterminato sennò ciao e avanti il prossimo. Il lavoro duro e la serietà non sono appagati da nessuno.
Pros
Puntualità nello stipendio
Cons
Tutto il resto. Dai colleghi, ai capi, all ambiente stressante
Older people were given the worst shifts. They looked after the youngsters more. If you are over 30 & have a life i don't recommend you work here as they assume you don't have a life.
Only good thing was the people i worked with, made some nice friends.
Toxic Management !
Manipulative and disrespectful, the management part (front office) is treating their employees like garbage, exploiting them and sabotages their growth in the industry.

The ideal candidate will bee a blind obedient sheep which can say "YES BOSS" all the time.

If you have a personality, respect for yourself and want to be treated good, avoid this place!!!

PS: The staff food is absolutely disgusting!
This place is terrible if you do not brown nose to management then you are not part of the team. There is a lot of favoritism. If they don’t like you they will pick on you until you quit or get fired. The hotel is run down the elevators are broken all the time. They do not give raises unless corporate brings it up.The employees drink on the job and no one says anything to them. They have cameras and don’t even check. Several times there are front desk agents that give numbers to guest and even go up to their rooms whe we are not allowed to do so. Terrible place to work at.
Worst company I've ever worked for! Management have no sense of boundaries and lack professional conduct. Shifts are managed poorly, changed at the last minute and working back2backs so you can't plan your life and if anyone calls in sick, you're probably going to be there all day. I'll not forget to add that you'll get no break which is still deducted from your salary. A measly bowl of rice and vegetables!(no joke) if you manage to have staff lunch. They never make budget, always cut backs somewhere. They're always messing up everyone's wage to save on their spreadsheets and then make you wait til the next month for the rest. BEST ADVISE....STAY CLEAR
Just management is poor and no advancement in company . The work you do goes Un knowledgeable until you decide to get ready to look for something else. Management sits around why u do all the work.
Pros
Discounted rooms
Cons
No breaks poor management
If you like to talk to people, make friends, and build relationships with your customers and employees this is a wonderful place to start. It’s a great job
I was there for a few months from June 2017-Sept 2017. The managers at that time didn’t interact with front desk associates for anything. My hours were cut from ~20-25 to 0 without any notice. I almost lost my home and my car because of this. They do not hire for full time unless they need a highly, over-qualified manager. PSA: This was two years ago. I believe they have new staff now.
i worked as receptionist, training was very long for me but they took me out to the desk with me not near done with training, i really liked working at the double tree, they gave a lot of benifits and worked with your schedule, the only problem was not being recognized for the hard work, sometimes the other employees did not work as hard as others, left for a better opportunity but do recommend highly
Pros
insurance
Cons
short breaks and sometimes rude guest
Best job I’ve had, great workers they treat you like family. The manager is very kind and attentive, housekeeping is great on serving rooms before check in. The whole hotel is great
Working in a very busy fast paced hotel, where you don't get paid for 30 minutes of your shift for your 'break' which you never get and if you do its a quick 5 minutes in the back office quickly looking at the camera to go back out when someone comes. Not enough staff!! Expect 1 person to do 5 different jobs. No porter so we have to take luggage to room when there is no housekeeping around. Late early shifts finishing at 11pm and back in for 7am! Exhausting tiring. Only good thing is the people you work with. No work/life balance!!
Pros
Staff all very friendly.
Cons
Late finishes and early starts. Bad management. No staff appreciation. No proper breaks.
Cheltenham. Management is a joke they get away with murder, treat their staff like rubbish and its run like a dictatorship, terrible working environment, full of two faced people and bitchiness. Working hours are horrendous for work life balance and mental health. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. Life's been much happier since I left.
Pros
Cons
Over worked and under paid amoungst many others.
It's great place to work in. Busy most days on reception. I've learned how to deal with guest complaints effectively and make guests happy. How to be the welcoming face of the company.
Hilton is a nice hotel to spend a night in. I enjoyed my time there as I worked alongside great members of staff and would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain experience.
Working at the Double Tree by Hilton Woking was rewarding with a true team spirit.
I learnt to take on more responsibilities and evolved my general culture within the hospitality industry.

Staff food was good, and management understanding and supporting.
A typical day starts out amazing, and no matter what I leave happy. The hardest part about the job is sometimes putting up with the computers but it is still amazing to work there.
Doubletree was a very great experience I learned so much in my time of being there I was able to work in multiple different departments and their company always had room for growth
Some managers were better than others most of them sites they don't listen to the things that are going on they blame each other for things that are going on big unorganized hotel.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Some of the people
1.6K