DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Sales Coordinator

Sales Coordinator10 reviews
Great Workplace
Very supportive in career growth. The company maintains all standard essentaial in seeking a career path. Although sometimes the workload may feel heavy, it is a very stress free and the employee relationship is great.
Productive and friendly place to work
The day was starting in the morning with a cup of black coffee and meeting with sales team for discussing the working plan for the day. I've been involved in a working process of a chain hotel known all over the world which was new for me as my previous employer companies were local brands situated in one country. The management was international and that helped me to practice my experience and become more professional in my field.
The staff of the hotel was very friendly and it was even fun to work in such lovely atmosphere. For sure sometimes we were facing some issues that were easy to overcome with professional team and the leader of the team,General Manager.

The most enjoyable part in the work for me was setting contract with companies that seemed to be non reachable and starting getting business from them. Also apart the work we were all doing our best to be involved in social activities like planting trees, cleaning the city, treating people with DoubleTree signature chip cookies, making charity projects for disabled children, orphanages, etc...
Quick paced office environment
Professional environment. While working there the team was always willing to help and teach you anything you wanted to learn. Advancement from within is highly recommended and encouraged.
Pros
Flexible work/life balance. Pleasant office.
Cons
Low compensation package.
Great Team
Being part of such a multicultural team leads to the success of each team member and this business. The staff has been around for a long time and their experience, team work and hospitality encourages new team members to stay around and provide the best service.
Pros
Free Lunches
Always exciting at the DoubleTree
My time at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in Indianapolis/Carmel was very exhilarating. There was never a dull moment whether my position was at the Front Desk or in the back office as a Sales Coordinator. That is what I enjoyed most about the position I held. Even though my final position there was the Sales Coordinator I worked in every department helping where ever I could to make sure that the guest experience was above and beyond exceptional. I of course wanted to also help the company in there time of need with being short staffed.
Pros
Free Lunches, Employee Parties
Cons
Short Staffed
Fun workplace
This property was under renovation and the front office staff remained professional and courteous. The staff worked well together in all departments.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Employees pay to park
Interesting, never a dull moment
My job as Sales Coordinator is never dull, always something to do, a lot going on. I work with a good team, we look out for each other. Always fun when the sports teams come in and we get to greet them with cookies and welcome them to town. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the fast turn over of the contracts, it can be difficult sometimes to get other projects done. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job would be preparing for an event, pulling it all together and watching everything unfold.
Pros
Free lunch, discount on hotels
Cons
Takes too long to earn vacation time, not alot of advancement
Good company to work
Hotel was just taken over by EVOLUTION. They completely have changed everything. Hotel will be going through a renovation starting in September. Co-workers are amazing. They are what makes the hotel worth working for.
Excellent property before management change
I worked at this property when it was the Sheraton Bloomington. The management was great an really cared about their employees. The hotel was bought by a new management company and became the Double Tree. I was there when the new management took over and they were not as nice and the benefits were terrible.
Productive and Face Pace Sales Department
A typical day at work is following up on emails throughout the day. Uploading group into the reservation system which include obtaining all signatures, scanning back to client, creating group code, blocking inventory and entering rates.

Management is the Sales Department is a great mentor and trains her staff everyday to strengthen skills in Sales. My co-workers are great to work with and everyone learns new things from one another.

The most enjoyable part of this job is working as a team to create great customer service to our guests. The hardest part of the job is turning negative guest experiences to positives.
Pros
Hotel benefits
Cons
Short breaks