DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Sales Manager

Enjoyed my time with the company and learned a lot.
Only negative is you have to fight for your bonus and commission checks, if you are not involved daily in your sales numbers you will never hit the goals they set. Managed extremely well and workplace culture was wonderful.
DoubleTree by Hilton Huntington is not a place you want to work
Management is not there to help you succeed, they only worry about theirselves and no one else. You think they have your back, but they don’t. They will throw you under the buss faster than you can say your name.
Great experience
Great opportunity for advancement within the company. I was promoted within 6 months.
Great staff and family like atmosphere. I made friends for life. If it wasnt for hurricane Florence and the hotel closing for renovations, I would still be there.
Doubletree Arlington
Employees come and go as quickly as the turn of a revolving door
Leadership needs training on leadership

Beautiful renovated property

Good location

Lots of potential

It is not a corporate hotel so be aware there are 3 masters: the flag, the owner and the management company

People work hard here & advantage of
The GM micro manages the managers until they quit
The hotel is very old and needs to be renovated. The management company pours all of their money into their other hotel, the Emily Morgan nothing into this hotel. The GM has micro managed the most of managers until they quit. Lots of turn over here
Pros
location
Cons
Gm, Management Company
Daily Schedule
Attend morning meetings

Check cvent, meeting brooker, Speed RFP and Hilton Worldwide sales leads.

Send proposals

Prospect

Schedule outside calls

Meet with accounting to see if anything is outstanding and also see what payments are due and coming up

Go check on current groups in house and make sure they are doing welll

Check on all prospects and tentatives and see where the client is in their decision making process
Beautiful facility that sells itself
Enjoyable place to work. Team atmosphere. Not much room to advance a career. GM was fantastic to work with, encouraged a family like work environment.
Pros
Free lunch, parking and dry cleaning
Great Place to work
I love working at the DoubleTree. They really care about every team member. They are more than fair. They do a lot of community service. It is also a beautiful property that is highly awarded and ranked. I do sales and it is fast paced and a heavy volume.
Pros
You are treated very well.
Cons
No health benefits
Overall, a solid place to work.
The work environment was fun, yet professional. Each individual operational branch worked well individually of the others. The biggest issue is a lack of unity among all of the various branches within the property. This fundamental operational imbalance is pervasive in virtually every industry and any company I have ever worked for. Overall, this place is no worse than any other. There are some definite perks to working here and for the hospitality industry as whole.
Great place to work in hospitality
This was a great place to work. Management changed in the middle of my service there so there were the typical growing pains that are sometimes a part of corporate american careers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
renovation kept getting delayed
Good hotel
This was a good hotel and had very good things happening on the positive side. Had no issues with hotel or management team. I had an opportunity I thought was beneficial to my career.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Worked alot of long hours
Workload was overwhelming.
New owners and management company took over and department managers were removed and replaced. The Sales Department became a personnel of one DOSM, one catering manager, one sales manager and one sales coordinator selling 13,000 square feet of meeting space and 171 guest rooms. With the Sales and Catering team reduced in half, it was impossible to take care of our guests stay and clients' events accordingly.
Pros
Many of the associates have worked at the hotel over 20 years.
Cons
Reduced in staffing in many of the departments, especially in Operations.
Challenging work in a growing industry.
The hotel industry can be very competitive, working for Hilton was stressful but also challenging. I the time I spent there and learned a lot about the hospitality business.
Great Hotel
Great work environment! Boom Burger has the best turkey burgers in North Jersey. Not alot of meeting space but adequate for that size hotel. Lots of corporate parks located close by.
Pros
Great Restaurant
Excellent experience
Richfield provides all necessary tools to succeed within the company, i.e.: training, incentives. It needs to work on better wages and more comprehensive approach for promotions.
Pros
Excellent culture and benefits
Cons
salary
DoubleTree
Fun atmosphere, hard working staff, team environment. management changes often. A lot of turnover overall. Great place to advance your career. Great Hospitality environment.
Productive workplace with great cookies
The DoubleTree Orlano Airport was a wonderful place to work. It was a fast paced hotel with several airline crew staying at the hotel. In addition it had great meeting space for groups under 300 people.
The clients liked the shuttle service for their group attendees. I would have stayed had they not sold the hotel.
Pros
Location, close to my home, free lunch
Cons
No advancement due to hotel sale
Hated to leave
Job and company was great! Had to leave with my commute to work over 2hours each way. Great product! Service was exceptional. Staff was great to work with!
Hilton Parent Company of Doubletree Hotels
Great company to work for over 15 years to different capacity but most recently past (4) years on task force and opportunity to join corporate task force for Hilton. Conrad Hilton had a vision and I hope everyone who works under the Hilton Flag believes and feels the passion as much as I have!
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes hours can be longer than normal
Barbara Lyons
Dynamic, challenging, interesting, rewarding, personal, and filled with passion to excel, to excellence and customers satisfaction
Pros
Provisions of the tools to succeed
Cons
Additional staffing required
Easy Work But Mean Office
I'm not sure about the housekeeping or maintenance staff, but the office and front desk staff is so dramatic and catty, it was impossible to do your job well. If you're a black sheep, don't bother working here, you'll be miserable.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Mean Staff and Poor Management
1.5K