DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

Productive and fun working environment.
Beautiful hotel overall.. friendly and professional staff, only reason i left was because i only worked on the weekends and needed more hours at that time.
Pros
Free soft drinks and bagels .. seeing celebrities/athletes from ESPN, good tips
Cons
NO breaks if running breakfast counter
productive and fun work place
very good place to work. I will recommend this place to my friends. During summer, the hotel gets busy and site becomes fast paced and competitive but it's good
It used to be good
Management has changed and it went down hill from there .
If they make real changes it can get back to what it was .

Honestly loved working for Hilton but management has pushed me to leaving you can’t push employees to the limit and expect them to stay we need communication and work to life balance
It just a great place to work I love my job not a lot of person can say that great team work and we provide the best service every when every a guest leave our dining room they cant wait to come back
Toxic
The F&B director during my tenure there had a terrible temper and zero stress management skills. Everyone walks around miserable and on egg shells hoping to not enrage him. Also the tips are garbage most days. Somedays you will do a ton of setup and break down and walk with $30.
Fun workplace
Work 5 days a week. Have a fun workplace and friendly teammate. The hardest part is when the guest is not friendly and when the busy hour. The most enjoyable part of this job is the teammate and the management.
Toxic
Drama and favortism
First day i started i knew i wasnt welcomed, the head server had surgery and left the other new server there the next day to help me. The other server was cold towards me would not help. The tables that i would approch would be switched out of my name and into theirs. After about two weeks of my tables being taken and not getting paid anything like i was at my other job, i had to go back to my previous job.
Pros
Nice morning kitchen staff
Cons
Bad servers
Great work place
I was working in Double Tree by Hilton Islington for 2 years as a waitress, it was experience. I learned a lot, gain experience and met many fabulous people.
Pros
free lunches, staff discouts
Management is not supportive
Very little chances for advancement. It's been getting slower and slower, so hours become limited. GM on site plays favorites, if your not high on his list he is very rude. It was a fun job when I first started, but new toxic management really killed the vibe.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Uncomfortable environment, zero management support
Got a lot of experience
I learned a lot of knowledge I the career and in the different fields. Also to get to me different people each and everyday either new guess or new co workers.
God awful workplace
Is always sneaky conniving things going on there with management and department heads they use write ups as a way to try to advance themselves even if the write-ups are unjust they still lie and cheat anyway they can
Productive and fan place for work.
I attended many guests and bring for their orientation, confirmation about their reservations in the restaurant and I brought everything for made comfortable the guests.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Worst place and management is horrible
I could go on and on for ever about this place but all I need to say is management sucks employees are thieves and it will suck your soul out !!! BEWARE STAY AWAY !!!
Pros
Free food great deals on rooms
Cons
Everything else PERIOD
Boring not alot of tips
Other servers steal tables and tips not worth the headache. You don't get credit tips until payday on your check kinda sucks. Wasn't for me. Alot of favoritism and butt kissing
fun but stressful
most of the time it was a fun place to work but also got stressful at times during catering services and when teams would come in and we were understaffed
Part Time
Part Time job whilst at University to help earn extra money and taught me different skills within the hospitality industry. I enjoyed working there, was quite demanding.
Fun place to work
I enjoy working with my team members. We are like family. Our manager understands each one of us, which makes it easier working with us. I think its a good thing that way if any issues arise its easy to solve.
Pros
Free lunch and hotel discounts
Workplace culture
Some of the staff can be really cool. But then theres the others who don't do their job and leave you to clean up their mess while they get their tips. Management well is never around, when there is an issue or problem they don't really address it, If someone is doing something wrong like not doing their job they would just turn their shoulder and ignore it making somebody else pick up the slack. I was their, did my job, and got paid. I met a lot of interesting people though and that was worth it. Then there were the regulars that would make you laugh and well just happy to see them.
Pros
Free lunches, dinner and discounts
Cons
Poor management
close to disney means families and lots of children
most days were spent in the kitchen because everything was made to order and the kitchen staff was undersized
you learn how to do things on your own because you could never find a manager

a lot of kids whose parents seemed to not watch them on a regular basis

your voice or opinions were not heard if management did not agree
Pros
when busy you could make some $, celebrities
Cons
when slow, all sidework and little $. management poor
Lacks management, but coworkers and guests are great.
The gusts and coworkers are amazing and like a second family. Management, however, is awful. There is rarely a manager or supervisor on duty, work problems are never taken care of, and management is extremely unprofessional.
1.5K