DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

Server126 reviews
good grounds for beginners or freshers to learn and harness their potential for great future possitions. Have great facilities to enlighten you of several things that one have to get knowledge of. The hardest part of working there have to do with the long hours of duty and lack of appreciation on the part of some managers.
Pros
free meal and great accomodation layout plans for staffs.
Cons
long hours of duty without a commensorating wages
Hardest part of this job was waking up. Sometimes the in time is 5am I worked the breakfast/lunch hours
Always fun to see the different personality's . Some with your co-workers, and some with the guest.

i like this job cause its a faster pace, not really having down time .

But due to the Virus, I've been let go.
This was one of the worst places I've ever worked. I was a breakfast server there about 2 or 3 years ago. Hopefully the management has changed because they were horrible. The FOH manager would steal tips and yell and berate her employees. I saw her yell at a 50 year old server who was a former manager at a big restaurant- incredibly disrespectful. Everyone who worked there was stiff and compliant. Overall an environment of fear and tyranny.
Managers would be one sided after GM changed. But it used to be a great place to work I would love getting up at 4am to get ready for a work shift to see all their smiling faces
Nobody would listen to any concerns. Leave your personality at home and be ready to jump as high as they tell you, otherwise you are a rebel and they outcast you.
But, there is a beautiful view.
Pros
The guests
Cons
Management and senior employees.
I felt welcomed in my department, I enjoyed the company if my co workers and guests, everyone was friendly. They were helpful and trained well. I looked forward to work, Quarantine ruined it.
That place is taking the life out of you , especially the HR , he shouldn’t have that title if he has no idea how to help the staff within the hotel , mostly disappointing, your work will never be valued by the higher ones , and if you are foreign will be even worse , they do think you have dust instead of brain , i pitty all the people that are struggling everyday in that place .
Beautiful hotel overall.. friendly and professional staff, only reason i left was because i only worked on the weekends and needed more hours at that time.
Pros
Free soft drinks and bagels .. seeing celebrities/athletes from ESPN, good tips
Cons
NO breaks if running breakfast counter
very good place to work. I will recommend this place to my friends. During summer, the hotel gets busy and site becomes fast paced and competitive but it's good
Management has changed and it went down hill from there .
If they make real changes it can get back to what it was .

Honestly loved working for Hilton but management has pushed me to leaving you can’t push employees to the limit and expect them to stay we need communication and work to life balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
It just a great place to work I love my job not a lot of person can say that great team work and we provide the best service every when every a guest leave our dining room they cant wait to come back
The F&B director during my tenure there had a terrible temper and zero stress management skills. Everyone walks around miserable and on egg shells hoping to not enrage him. Also the tips are garbage most days. Somedays you will do a ton of setup and break down and walk with $30.
Work 5 days a week. Have a fun workplace and friendly teammate. The hardest part is when the guest is not friendly and when the busy hour. The most enjoyable part of this job is the teammate and the management.
First day i started i knew i wasnt welcomed, the head server had surgery and left the other new server there the next day to help me. The other server was cold towards me would not help. The tables that i would approch would be switched out of my name and into theirs. After about two weeks of my tables being taken and not getting paid anything like i was at my other job, i had to go back to my previous job.
Pros
Nice morning kitchen staff
Cons
Bad servers
I was working in Double Tree by Hilton Islington for 2 years as a waitress, it was experience. I learned a lot, gain experience and met many fabulous people.
Pros
free lunches, staff discouts
Cons
Very little chances for advancement. It's been getting slower and slower, so hours become limited. GM on site plays favorites, if your not high on his list he is very rude. It was a fun job when I first started, but new toxic management really killed the vibe.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Uncomfortable environment, zero management support
I learned a lot of knowledge I the career and in the different fields. Also to get to me different people each and everyday either new guess or new co workers.
Is always sneaky conniving things going on there with management and department heads they use write ups as a way to try to advance themselves even if the write-ups are unjust they still lie and cheat anyway they can
I attended many guests and bring for their orientation, confirmation about their reservations in the restaurant and I brought everything for made comfortable the guests.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
I could go on and on for ever about this place but all I need to say is management sucks employees are thieves and it will suck your soul out !!! BEWARE STAY AWAY !!!
Pros
Free food great deals on rooms
Cons
Everything else PERIOD
1.6K