DoubleTree by Hilton logo
DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 131 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,648 reviews

Covid

Would of loved to stayed there but never called me back after they opened after covid. So made me alittle bitter about them .Very unprofessional. Could of trained me other places as I was well qualified for many positions there .

Great Company

I worked there through my college years as a bartender. I had great flexibility on my work schedule. Staff and Management were great as well. I didn't qualify for any benefits so can't have opinion about it.

Decent place to work

This company is decent. The coworkers are very friendly and will pretty much be the only aspect of the job that'll keep you going. There is a strong sense of fear of management that in a funny way brings co-workers together.

Fun but will leave you behind due to unforeseen circumstances

I enjoyed this job for the most part. Coworkers were fun to be around (breakfast shift at least). During the pandemic they refused to rehire me after the shutdown was concluded. They didn’t contact me back after calling and calling. EVEN after I went in and talking to HR they refused to get back to me to allow me to come back to work.

Pros

Fun. Laidback. Close knit.

Cons

Customers were always rude as can be and never tipped. So don’t come here looking to make anything.

Fun and Easy Job

The work that I did was very rewarding, especially after an event was over and the contact left happy. The culture was great and management really cared how everything was going. I always knew if I needed assistance, someone would be there for me. I got laid off due to covid, but I would still be there today! A great and fun enviornment to be in.

Amazing place

The double tree at the Hilton has the best people ever - at least when I worked there - josh and the other managers really understand how to talk to people and they are always willing to help out with whatever they need to. As a buzzer I was always tipped out extremely well and whenever I did a good job I received high praise. Amazing place to work.

Pros

Free breakfast, great tips, beautiful views, awesome people.

Cons

Annoying parking.

Hotel job

It was a very bad management who they have, all the work I made has the incorrect tools for it ; for example the buffet you need to put the ice pretty much in into an old ice container at the end of the shift the ice is melted then you put the ice back into a buckets that was the most ridiculous thing to do . Like a slave the way you feel working half day without stopping is horrible . Then work weekends serving events , Doing another jobs as a server as a room server as a cashier as a buffet server. If your new they will put a lot of duties for you to do. The food your thought in the trash it is stupid you can feed Africa with that. Definitely you can get worse with your health working in a hotel . That’s pretty much the reason and the bad payment that I recibe to quite. I worked New Years and they didn’t pay double as what they said. Somebody is getting the big paycheck probably but not you .

Pros

Free food from the buffet

Cons

Healthcare, over duties, slavery

Great fast way to make money

I have worked for the Double tree for over a year, love the benefits, and the money is great during tourist season. I work part time during the majority of the year, and five days during the summer months. I was able to make the same amount during the summer at the double tree as I did at my full time job.

Pros

Great money, Hotel discounts

Cons

Early mornings 6am- 12pm

great staff, always enjoyable , those are the plus.The negative is i lost my job due to the virus

Hardest part of this job was waking up. Sometimes the in time is 5am I worked the breakfast/lunch hours Always fun to see the different personality's . Some with your co-workers, and some with the guest. i like this job cause its a faster pace, not really having down time . But due to the Virus, I've been let go.

productive and fun place

good grounds for beginners or freshers to learn and harness their potential for great future possitions. Have great facilities to enlighten you of several things that one have to get knowledge of. The hardest part of working there have to do with the long hours of duty and lack of appreciation on the part of some managers.

Pros

free meal and great accomodation layout plans for staffs.

Cons

long hours of duty without a commensorating wages

Toxic Workplace Culture

This was one of the worst places I've ever worked. I was a breakfast server there about 2 or 3 years ago. Hopefully the management has changed because they were horrible. The FOH manager would steal tips and yell and berate her employees. I saw her yell at a 50 year old server who was a former manager at a big restaurant- incredibly disrespectful. Everyone who worked there was stiff and compliant. Overall an environment of fear and tyranny.

Typical day at work

Managers would be one sided after GM changed. But it used to be a great place to work I would love getting up at 4am to get ready for a work shift to see all their smiling faces

Horrible management

Nobody would listen to any concerns. Leave your personality at home and be ready to jump as high as they tell you, otherwise you are a rebel and they outcast you. But, there is a beautiful view.

Pros

The guests

Cons

Management and senior employees.

Great place to work.

I felt welcomed in my department, I enjoyed the company if my co workers and guests, everyone was friendly. They were helpful and trained well. I looked forward to work, Quarantine ruined it.

Very disappointed

That place is taking the life out of you , especially the HR , he shouldn’t have that title if he has no idea how to help the staff within the hotel , mostly disappointing, your work will never be valued by the higher ones , and if you are foreign will be even worse , they do think you have dust instead of brain , i pitty all the people that are struggling everyday in that place .

Productive and fun working environment.

Beautiful hotel overall.. friendly and professional staff, only reason i left was because i only worked on the weekends and needed more hours at that time.

Pros

Free soft drinks and bagels .. seeing celebrities/athletes from ESPN, good tips

Cons

NO breaks if running breakfast counter

productive and fun work place

very good place to work. I will recommend this place to my friends. During summer, the hotel gets busy and site becomes fast paced and competitive but it's good

It used to be good

Management has changed and it went down hill from there . If they make real changes it can get back to what it was . Honestly loved working for Hilton but management has pushed me to leaving you can’t push employees to the limit and expect them to stay we need communication and work to life balance

It just a great place to work I love my job not a lot of person can say that great team work and we provide the best service every when every a guest leave our dining room they cant wait to come back

Toxic

The F&B director during my tenure there had a terrible temper and zero stress management skills. Everyone walks around miserable and on egg shells hoping to not enrage him. Also the tips are garbage most days. Somedays you will do a ton of setup and break down and walk with $30.

Fun workplace

Work 5 days a week. Have a fun workplace and friendly teammate. The hardest part is when the guest is not friendly and when the busy hour. The most enjoyable part of this job is the teammate and the management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K