DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

Found 113 reviews matching the search See all 3,858 reviews
Toxic
Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA18 October 2019
The F&B director during my tenure there had a terrible temper and zero stress management skills. Everyone walks around miserable and on egg shells hoping to not enrage him. Also the tips are garbage most days. Somedays you will do a ton of setup and break down and walk with $30.
Drama and favortism
Server (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IN30 September 2019
First day i started i knew i wasnt welcomed, the head server had surgery and left the other new server there the next day to help me. The other server was cold towards me would not help. The tables that i would approch would be switched out of my name and into theirs. After about two weeks of my tables being taken and not getting paid anything like i was at my other job, i had to go back to my previous job.
Pros
Nice morning kitchen staff
Cons
Bad servers
Great work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Islington, Greater London3 September 2019
I was working in Double Tree by Hilton Islington for 2 years as a waitress, it was experience. I learned a lot, gain experience and met many fabulous people.
Pros
free lunches, staff discouts
Got a lot of experience
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NY23 August 2019
I learned a lot of knowledge I the career and in the different fields. Also to get to me different people each and everyday either new guess or new co workers.
God awful workplace
Breakfast server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA3 August 2019
Is always sneaky conniving things going on there with management and department heads they use write ups as a way to try to advance themselves even if the write-ups are unjust they still lie and cheat anyway they can
Productive and fan place for work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VA28 July 2019
I attended many guests and bring for their orientation, confirmation about their reservations in the restaurant and I brought everything for made comfortable the guests.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Worst place and management is horrible
Server (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NY4 July 2019
I could go on and on for ever about this place but all I need to say is management sucks employees are thieves and it will suck your soul out !!! BEWARE STAY AWAY !!!
Pros
Free food great deals on rooms
Cons
Everything else PERIOD
Boring not alot of tips
Server (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA27 June 2019
Other servers steal tables and tips not worth the headache. You don't get credit tips until payday on your check kinda sucks. Wasn't for me. Alot of favoritism and butt kissing
fun but stressful
Breakfast server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA14 June 2019
most of the time it was a fun place to work but also got stressful at times during catering services and when teams would come in and we were understaffed
Part Time
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 May 2019
Part Time job whilst at University to help earn extra money and taught me different skills within the hospitality industry. I enjoyed working there, was quite demanding.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CA22 May 2019
I enjoy working with my team members. We are like family. Our manager understands each one of us, which makes it easier working with us. I think its a good thing that way if any issues arise its easy to solve.
Pros
Free lunch and hotel discounts
Workplace culture
Server (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CA15 May 2019
Some of the staff can be really cool. But then theres the others who don't do their job and leave you to clean up their mess while they get their tips. Management well is never around, when there is an issue or problem they don't really address it, If someone is doing something wrong like not doing their job they would just turn their shoulder and ignore it making somebody else pick up the slack. I was their, did my job, and got paid. I met a lot of interesting people though and that was worth it. Then there were the regulars that would make you laugh and well just happy to see them.
Pros
Free lunches, dinner and discounts
Cons
Poor management
close to disney means families and lots of children
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA16 April 2019
most days were spent in the kitchen because everything was made to order and the kitchen staff was undersized
you learn how to do things on your own because you could never find a manager
a lot of kids whose parents seemed to not watch them on a regular basis
your voice or opinions were not heard if management did not agree
Pros
when busy you could make some $, celebrities
Cons
when slow, all sidework and little $. management poor
Lacks management, but coworkers and guests are great.
Server (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY11 April 2019
The gusts and coworkers are amazing and like a second family. Management, however, is awful. There is rarely a manager or supervisor on duty, work problems are never taken care of, and management is extremely unprofessional.
Productive work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Double tree hilton10 March 2019
I have worked there as a waiter and it's good experience I have enjoyed it and had fun meeting new people. It made me more active and sharp.its also makes you chat
Pros
Lunch break
Slow
pm server (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZ7 March 2019
It was just so slow I was watching netflix...I couldnt make enough to even pay for gas to get there...Management never comunicate with each other no one gets trained they just get put to work
workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Westminster5 March 2019
working here was a new experience for me and it was one that i will take with me into the world of work as you learn how to be quick and on your feet at all times
Cons
feet get tired
Very bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ2 March 2019
Crazy operations stay away if you can. You will have a headache if you decide to work here. The money is not worth it. Although they do have a great discount on rooms you will not be able to get a vacation because request were not honored
Pros
Discount to Hilton Locations. Can get rooms for like $49
Cons
Wasn't able to use the discounts. Check never right!
F&b
SERVER (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR4 February 2019
It was just bad all around. Morning shift and lunch shift had tip pools, while evenings to each there own. Management was excruciatingly bad. Employees of the hotel treated the servers as their own personal food delivery slave, because they didn't tip even a dollar after having to bring them food to the office or put it as a priority even if there was a rush at the rest. The point is, it was the worst, unless you work the night shift (no manager, "no supervisor", "no employees", nothing but you and the guest $$).
Pros
discount on food
Cons
everything else
Fun Place To Work
Restaurant Server and Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA21 November 2018
It's a fun upbeat place to work. Management is amazing and the rest of the staff is friendly and always willing ti help when needed. Such a great place for a beginner server to learn.
Pros
$2.00 lunch, fun, happy, energetic

51.4K