DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Service Manager

Joined the team as the Convention Service Manager to compliment our Director of Catering. We serviced both Social and Business groups who utilized the Hotel. My Director allowed me to grow the business, develop vendor relationships and create a "new" revenue stream for the property. My goal was 300% over expectation in the first quarter due to the following efforts: 1. Partnership with the North Light Theater (which stands directly next store to the Hotel) to utilize their space with our catering team creating menu's and serving the guests. 2. Developed 3 events with the Kraft Foods team as they launched new products each quarter (for 3 consecutive quarters). These partnerships allowed the hotel to increase business revenue on the corporate side by over 50%. I was also allowed to develop beyond what our menu's offered. FOR EXAMPLE: *Created a Surf & Turf menu plan with for a very high-end Bar Mitzvah, the pricing of $150.00 per guest was singularly the most profitable menu the Hotel had ever created.
Pros
Business develoment skills, Goal buster, Kosher Expert
Cons
Wish we had more meeting space
Very toxic and Terrible work environment Do not work there They are not professional at all No proper tools or regulations No head office help Bad owner and GM T
This is my first management position and I really have grown to make it my own. I work with wonderful associates and enjoy the culture that is instilled in the Aimbridge family. There is no typical day as a Convention Services Manager - there is always something new everyday. I work hand and hand with the Banquet Department on Banquet Event Orders, Room Setups/ Layouts, protecting the Fire Marshall regulations, and assisting in the execution of the Programs in house. The hardest part of my job is managing the "11th" hour pop-ups of an event. However, that counters into becoming one of the most enjoyable parts; as to when the issues or "opportunities to exceed" arise.
Pros
Interacting with each hotel department on a daily basis, meeting and experiencing new personalities, and working through a full hotel renovation
Cons
Healthcare could be better. Can't relocate outside of the Orlando Area
Again I would love to go back into this industry. My childern are grown now up so hours would not be an issue. I loved meeting new people every week and seeing all the dirrent events we would hold.
Pros
fun
Cons
holidays and crazy hours
generating Catering revenue by creating contracts, detailing the event and billing. Then asking for repeat business. Detailing all Group Sales events. Billing and Followup. Oversee the Banquet staff and communicating with all departments about every group. Relying on others to understand the overall picture. b
I truly enjoyed working here. It's a great company with great people